Poll: What are you?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Which are you?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Which are you?

Are you a raider, explorer, quester (collector goes with quester), leveller or something else? What are you best at in WoW.

I am a quester. I like the quest lines and the lore behind them. (Collector goes with Quester)
    Last edited by Mythabay; 2017-08-01 at 04:15 AM.
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    I'm a collector. I collect pets, mounts, legendaries and all those cool things in-between. But I guess I also fall under the explorer category
    Sorry, yeah. I didn't consider that. Thank you for that.

all of them. but in this priority: raider, collector (your list miss that), explorer, quester, leveller.

10+ Year Old Account
    I seem to change it up between 3 (all except explorer) fairly regularly over the years.

Sometimes I do absolutely nothing in the game except log on for raids, for months on end.

Sometimes I go on leveling sprees where I'll ensure all 12 classes are max level, with a few others catching up too.

On my current main, whatever that might be, I always like to have every single quest completed - as in, no matter where I go in the world, there are no more loose ends to tie up. This obviously takes a fair while.

As for explorer? I presume you don't mean the achievements for exploring, since that takes a few hours and then you're done. But on the other hand, sometimes I love to just get "immersed" in the world. For example, I happened to be in the Jade Forest last week, and I thought, "Why no walk this bridge (the one that connects a few of the pillars out at sea to the south-east", so I RP-walked the whole thing, took like 15 mins, and I absolutely LOVED the attention to detail the entire way. Sometimes it's just nice to appreciate the pretty awesome world, or the parts of it that are well-designed, anyway.

Quester/Collector->Leveler->Explorer->Raider->PvPer(BGs and big things like tol barad)

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I'm a half asser. I half ass raid, only explore what I am forced to, don't really collect things. Don't AH unless I have no room for shit left. I only quest as much as I have to. Like today I had like 4 legionfall dailies hit exalted after 2 and left. My first raid back I went 8/9 Heroic TOS and the next night I cleared all of normal. There is stuff still available to do but I'm not interested in any of it. I saw the end of the expansion and am thinking about going back into hibernation.

I chose leveler because in the last few expansions I've gotten really into leveling alts instead of getting really into one character. In the past I was usually a hybrid of all of the thought, doing raiding on my main and casually leveling alts.

Im an RP'er.
    Quests are generally out of character, i do them to level (wich is not 100% neccesary but makes it easier)
    I collect things to enhance the role my character represents.
    Exploring is done to find good spots to RP, its like location scouting on movies.
    Dont do raiding, it doesnt fit if you brag with X-Boss'es head and everyone else in the tavern do the same.

Not to nag you but your list is a bit one sided and short.

None of your options describe me.

I identify as an altoholic mainly. I dabble in everything.

Random, just do whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Zatachi View Post
    Im an RP'er.
    Quests are generally out of character, i do them to level (wich is not 100% neccesary but makes it easier)
    I collect things to enhance the role my character represents.
    Exploring is done to find good spots to RP, its like location scouting on movies.
    Dont do raiding, it doesnt fit if you brag with X-Boss'es head and everyone else in the tavern do the same.

Not to nag you but your list is a bit one sided and short.
    It's all good. I am nagging my list too. I could have put in "Designer" as in for Transmogrification.

Deleted
    Went from PvP to pve (raids mainly) few weeks ago. Kinda back to my wow roots you can say, as raiding was what got me hooked back in vanilla and many expansions after.

Deleted
    Used to be a raider. Now I'll play probs 1 month a year, just leveling low level characters to about pandaria level. Then I get bored and roll again a year later. So guess that makes me a leveller.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaabbc View Post
    None of your options describe me.

I identify as an altoholic mainly. I dabble in everything.
    This would basically be my real answer, too

I'm primarily a raider- and at 7/9 Heroic with only 1 raid night a week, it's certainly what I'm best at- and an RPer, which is missing!

I'm crap at every aspect of WoW, I don't play it cause I'm good - I play it because I like it.

I like doing what ever takes my fancy when I log in, the more options there are the better.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

All of them, and collector. I have all classes at 110 for alliance and almost there for horde. I collect pets / mounts / toys / achievements / titles and raid heroics. I don't do many M+ anymore so I'm not a dungeoner. I'm also not much of a pet battler even though I have about 750 unique pets.

Pvper isn't on this list. Neither are:
    Economical players. (Farm, craft, AH, trading, hoarding)
    Reporter players. (Videos, guides, articles, data-mining)
    Social players. (Stands around to talk, emote, RP, toy-spam, or mail greys.)
    Non-players. (Flies aimlessly, grinds while absorbing media, never talks to guildies.)

No option for gameplay elitist? Players who really just enjoy mastering their class in all aspects of the game.