View Poll Results: What is your definition of evil?

Voters
103. This poll is closed
  • Evil is to be cruel and cause pain.

43 41.75%
  • Evil is to destroy everything and absent of all creation.

9 8.74%
  • Evil is the absents of Choice.

7 6.80%
  • Evil is Something else.

44 42.72%
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    How is wanting to keep the money you earn,
    So, what about societal infrastructure that allows you to earn money relatively safely? For a group that's always complaining about others freeloading, they sure love to freeload themselves.

driving a vehicle with a powerful engine
    Sorry, wanting to destroy the environment and disturb the peace of other citizens isn't a valid human right.

and owning guns causing malicious harm to anyone?
    Yeah, it's almost like having unchecked access to weapons of murder isn't malicious harm to the general population.

The people causing harm are the radical left wanting to take those freedoms we enjoy away.
    Yeap, like I said, us "radical left" just want to prevent the alt-right from having the freedom to harm others. Sorry reality works that way.

If that is evil, then I am sure the "radical left" will just accept it's a consequence of ensuring peace and stability and move on.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2017-08-01 at 07:03 AM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

True Evil imo happens when you get too many power drunk people together and they keep playing for "the greater good".

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you telling me that in the USA, someone who does not work can't vote for people that will give them the biggest welfare check?

- - - Updated - - -

What am I unaware of? Answer the question I asked. Here, Ill answer for you. Yes, they can, Thus, they are hurting me, and that is what Endus defines as evil. I assume you are on the left and would vote to tax or prevent me having a big powerful vehicle, or vote to prevent me from having guns. All of those things cause me harm.

BTW, aren't you upset at the left for taxing all the money away you made on Boy Meets World?
    Thank you for your assumptions. It just goes to show how someone who does nothing but extols the evils of those dastardly liberals is so blind to his own party and their platform.

Since you went down that route, I'm pro 2nd amendment since it's part of the constitution and for self-defense purposes but I'm also in favour of common sense gun safety laws. I own a gun myself and have done my fair share of hunting wild boars so I'm familiar with how to use both rifles and handguns.

Who is stopping you from owning a big powerful car? If you mean you are getting taxed a lot then kindly take a seat as my family and I, who are primarily physicians, get taxed more so than the average US citizen and I have yet to see any of them complain as we are used to extravagant taxes seeing as we're from Britain. The only difference is that while our taxes are actually put to good use back there for decent healthcare over here there is this insane inherent selfishness coming from certain conservatives that want to nickel and dime whichever way possible even at the expense of the less fortunate, and that's exactly what the past couple iterations of "Trumpcare" have been trying to do.

The fact that you think liberals as a whole just want to take your guns and fancy cars away is just generalizing rubbish born from being brainwashed by conservative media. But similarly to how you and others paint the left with the same brush so do people brush conservatives the same way as evidenced by Hillary's inane basket of deplorables comment. There is a reason some conservatives stood up to the latest healthcare bills because they recognize the greater harm it does to their constituents, and they should be applauded for that. Both you, and people like yourself, both on the right and left seem to only see things in black and white, while those in the middle are just tired of it.

Oh and I'm not sure what point you were trying to make by mentioning that show ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
    Last edited by Dr Assbandit; 2017-08-01 at 07:08 AM.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Deleted
    Hatred, Recklessness and inhumanity are the big sources of evilness.

"Why should i care about poor people getting health insurance?"

"Musllims/Jews/Mexicans are nasty and need to die/suffer/leave"

"Our people are the superrace, and all other races need to suffer and die"

"Lock our borders. Should those immigrants go back to war and poverty!"

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    So, what about societal infrastructure that allows you to earn money relatively safely? For a group that's always complaining about others freeloading, they sure love to freeload themselves.

Easy. We end welfare, and then police, military, and gun owners can wipe out the people who riot over it. Now they aren't an issue, and peace is restored. Next?

Sorry, wanting to destroy the environment and disturb the peace of other citizens isn't a valid human right.

Engines have gotten so good now that even engines putting out 500 Hp/500 Torque and up are very clean. You just want to ruin other peoples fun. Don't worry, you can still breath with the S class, 7 series, XJR, Dodge Hellcat and other assorted high output vehicles on the road. my XJR is pretty quiet... not sure what you are talking about "disturb the peace" go talk to motor bikers about that.

Yeah, it's almost like having unchecked access to weapons of murder isn't malicious harm to the general population.

As much as you hate it, its part of America and it won't go away. It does irritate me that liberals keep trying but I am confident they won't get their way in my life time.

Yeap, like I said, us "radical left" just want to prevent the alt-right from having the freedom to harm others. Sorry reality works that way.
    The right just want to keep their money, guns, cars, and red meat. If you want to pay for the poor why don't you go do it? Let me keep my money.

The right just want to keep their money, guns, cars, and red meat.
    Correction: The FAR right just want to keep their ill-gotten gains, weapons of murder and tools for polluting nature.

If you want to pay for the poor why don't you go do it? Let me keep my money.
    Sure, just move to some small government nation like Africa. Since you don't want to pay back to society, you can find a new country of residence where the government doesn't build infrastructure.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    The right just want to keep their money, guns, cars, and red meat. If you want to pay for the poor why don't you go do it? Let me keep my money.
    Good example for recklessness.

And a good example for hatred. The poor seem to be your hateful stereotype. Are you poor yourself?

Just go on and give us more examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Thank you for your assumptions. It just goes to show how someone who does nothing but extols the evils of those dastardly liberals is so blind to his own party and their platform.

Since you went down that route, I'm pro 2nd amendment since it's part of the constitution and for self-defense purposes but I'm also in favour of common sense gun safety laws. I own a gun myself and have done my fair share of hunting wild boars so I'm familiar with how to use both rifles and handguns.

Who is stopping you from owning a big powerful car? If you mean you are getting taxed a lot then kindly take a seat as my family and I, who are primarily physicians, get taxed more so than the average US citizen and I have yet to see any of them complain as we are used to extravagant taxes seeing as we're from Britain. The only difference is that while our taxes are actually put to good use back there for decent healthcare over here there is this insane inherent selfishness coming from certain conservatives that want to nickel and dime whichever way possible even at the expense of the less fortunate, and that's exactly what the past couple iterations of "Trumpcare" have been trying to do.

The fact that you think liberals as a whole just want to take your guns and fancy cars away is just generalizing rubbish born from being brainwashed by conservative media. But similarly to how you and others paint the left with the same brush so do people brush conservatives the same way as evidenced by Hillary's inane basket of deplorables comment. There is a reason some conservatives stood up to the latest healthcare bills because they recognize the greater harm it does to their constituents, and they should be applauded for that. Both you, and people like yourself, both on the right and left seem to only see things in black and white, while those in the middle are just tired of it.

Oh and I'm not sure what point you were trying to make by mentioning that show ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
    People on the far left (not all of the left wants it, but everyone who does want it is on the left) want to strangle engines. There is a "gas guzzler" tax for any car with a good engine. They want to tax high output vehicles further and have all these idiotic emission regulations.

I think people should take care of themselves. Why should I be taxed to death to help people that hate me (white male) I could care less about them.

The Boy Meets world comment was not an insult, just you look like Ben Savage (if that is you in your avatar) Ben Savage was the star of the show and it was on for years. Now he does "Girl Meets World" where he has grown up and has a girl.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Good example for recklessness.

And a good example for hatred. The poor seem to be your hateful stereotype. Are you poor yourself?

Just go on and give us more examples.
    Nope, not poor. That would be like me asking you if you were actually part of the Alt Right. Are you actually German?

Deleted
    People on the far left (not all of the left wants it, but everyone who does want it is on the left) want to strangle engines.
    Hateful stereotype: "The far left". Obviously he means everyone that is not right. Black / White thinking.

There is a "gas guzzler" tax for any car with a good engine. They want to tax high output vehicles further and have all these idiotic emission regulations.
    Hateful stereotype: Global warming is a lie
    Recklessness: I dont want to care about the environment

I think people should take care of themselves. Why should I be taxed to death to help people that hate me (white male) I could care less about them.
    Recklessness: I dont want to care about anyone else than me.
    Hateful stereotype: Racism

Go on.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you actually German?
    You smart person. You must have guessed that from my hundred posts which say i am german.

And most times it is people who are poor themself who hate other poor people.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2017-08-01 at 07:37 AM.

A Hermaphrodite Olympic athlete who torturestrapped animals and posts it on their Instragram.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    To intentionally cause harm for your own gain or pleasure, especially when said harm could be avoided or is unnecessary.
    Or simply to intentionally cause harm because you can. Evil doesn't require a reason.

agreeing with Satan or the upcoming Anti-christ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghazan Julio View Post
    True Evil imo happens when you get too many power drunk people together and they keep playing for "the greater good".
    Honestly most of the people who are power drunk, are very similar to drug addicts, I can view them as evil, just stupid.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you telling me that in the USA, someone who does not work can't vote for people that will give them the biggest welfare check?
    1> Paying your taxes is not a "harm".
    2> Sure, they can vote for that out of self-interest alone, which would make them selfish, but that doesn't make them evil, because it doesn't cause harm.

And most importantly;
    3> There are tons of reasons to vote that way which have nothing to do with self-interest at the expense of society. Social support networks have been absolutely integral to the success of the developed nations of the world.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidelstein View Post
    A Hermaphrodite Olympic athlete who torturestrapped animals and posts it on their Instragram.
    While I too personally find such stuff disturbing, I can't agree that it classifies as evil. Evil is not defined by your personal value set (and if it was I could call you evil for the clearly bigotted way in which you describe and prejudice Caster Semenya)

Rats are a pest that do great harm, particularly in poor shanty towns such as where Caster grew up. Not only do they consume and ruin food belonging to people who can ill afford it, but they have been known to even eat babies. I think it is understandable that she should hold such ill will against the creatures even if we don't agree with her actions. It's so easy to judge when we don't understand the context....

Deleted
    Evil is acting either for personal gain or amusement, though you know for sure that someone is harmed in any way through your actions. This can coincide with acting against morals or law, but does not have to be (because some moral or legal rules can be evil just as well).

Sadistic is, if you especially want others to suffer. Negligence is if you don't care about someone being harmed, but don't have this as a goal, either.

- - - Updated - - -

You want to pay for the poor, because if they happen to organise, they could easily kill you, no matter how many guns you own. French Aristocraty had it's lession. If there are enough warm bodies to push from the bottom, the will eventually bring an end to a smaller upper class.

You Americans are brainwashed into believing that you can get rich by yourself, and thus don't raise a hand against people who are abusing you from the cradle to the grave. You are slaves for an establishment, and you are even voting for a millionnaire, who surely will not easy the needs of your society. For what do you have your guns, exactly?
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2017-08-01 at 07:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post

Personally I don't imagine red skin, long horns and a tail, I imagine the worst forms of evil, true evil present themselves as good, or rather harmless.

Gotta say, when Clint Eastwood pressured Sondra Locke into having an abortion while cheating on her and having a child with a flight attendant might be evil.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    You want to pay for the poor, because if they happen to organise, they could easily kill you, no matter how many guns you own. French Aristocraty had it's lession.
    While a revolution never lead to something better. At least not in direct consequence.

The golden path to change is to reform existing systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    1> Paying your taxes is not a "harm".
    2> Sure, they can vote for that out of self-interest alone, which would make them selfish, but that doesn't make them evil, because it doesn't cause harm.

And most importantly;
    3> There are tons of reasons to vote that way which have nothing to do with self-interest at the expense of society. Social support networks have been absolutely integral to the success of the developed nations of the world.
    Those social support systems are being horribly abused, as I have said many times. A lot of people on this very forum are abusers. Why is it someone can read, write, and play video games but not do a job of ANY type? Nobody is demanding they be a coal miner, but can they at least do data entry? A secretary and answer phones WHILE posting on MMO Champion? Anything but just sitting home absorbing welfare?

So yes, paying taxes to leeches is harmful to me. It might not be physical harm but it is taking my money, which causes me anger. I am not complaining about paying to keep the roads up, military, or needed services going. I'd even approve NASA getting more funding, because at least they are doing something interesting. I just hate welfare and how hard it is abused.
    Last edited by Cruor; 2017-08-01 at 07:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those social support systems are being horribly abused, as I have said many times.
    Not making much sense when you do, either. People using those systems is not "abuse", just because you don't like them.

A lot of people on this very forum are abusers. Why is it someone can read, write, and play video games but not do a job of ANY type? Nobody is demanding they be a coal miner, but can they at least do data entry? A secretary and answer phones WHILE posting on MMO Champion? Anything but just sitting home absorbing welfare?
    Why is that any business of yours? At least, more than your vote counts for?

So yes, paying taxes to leeches is harmful to me.
    No. It isn't. No matter how much you don't want to do it, it isn't "harmful" to you. And if it really bothered you that badly, you could leave, and not pay into the system any more.