Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Ok, in the animated version I do see what you mean. Still not convinced it's supposed to represent the void energies but it might well be. The other planets don't have a similar effect? what about that flat out violet planet to the left with the big ring?
    Green atmospheric outline + shadow have = Azeroth is really corrupted and tainted. Green with fel energy or corruption and shadow haze brought by the presence of the old gods. Imagine more than 10k+ years from the founding of Azeroth heck, probably even way before the rest of the Pantheon tried their "save the planet scheme". For sure Sargeras have seen Azeroth already since he scouts the wow-verse and cosmos.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DelusionalBear View Post
    And what is the problem with that? Overlapping abilities? I don't think Blizzard seeing it that way, they took many steps to homogenize classes since Vanilla. Whatever class you choose its still boils down to the three roles - Tank, DPS, Healer. I can only guess on that, but I think people playing classes for the "fantasy aspect, not for their abilities". I certainly wouldn't mind necromancer class, even if it will be somewhat similar to DK or Warlock.
    One way of personifying the fantasy theme of a class guess what, yes it's because it's because of their abilities. The name of the ability, the animation, what effect it does, and everything about it so apart from the look and appearance, armor type and what ever fashion you can mix and match with, and the on going story behind it's definitely a big deal with ABILITIES: A class defining element.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    As much I would love to see sub races, it's impossible we will ever get them. That's too much work from the art team.

But I would love to see some new race(s). Maybe neutral Ethereal for both factions? Or Arrakoa for Alliance and some other cool race for Horde like Naga?

Even if they would add boring Ogres to the Horde and maybe Vrykuls to the Alliance - I would be happy because it's always something new.
    The word impossible can never be defined first and foremost if the word possible has no meaning, therefore everything is possible. Others say it can be said as I'm possible. When and how would be up to Blizz. Right now, almost all the tiles are set and it's a matter of slowly introducing them in game.

Imagine Frostborn that instead of Stoneform they have racial that have similar racial and for these scenario let's call it "Frost dwelling" a passive skill that reduces frost resistance and removes crowd control effects.

Or Nightbornes that have Nocturnal Affinity which reduces shadow damage.

Yaungol can be a frost resist type Tauren and their Wintry hide has increased stamina and frost resistance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    So in the end someone just overhyped that shit.

Yeah, but no mail class like that comes to my mind.
    Shaman You got Elemental which focuses on ranged spell casting and Enhancement which focuses on melee strikes with elements involved. I'm pretty sure they bring their own way of utility to the group it's not just too obvious as compared to the almost full support role of Restoshammy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aaabbc View Post
    But most of the work is already done. They just need to tweak the existing skins/colors etc and give it to the player.
    No need for tweaking as most color variation as well as in-game model exist. Starting from BC upto Legion Maghar Orcs, Broken Ones, Ethereals, Gilblins, Mechagnomes, Frostborn, Yaungol, Highmountain Tauren, etc.

The least variation would be the Gilneans. They could implement a worg type vibe or more rabid lycan models from similar to orc mounts and/or zone beasts.
    Worg with slitted eyes and glow color yes.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2017-08-01 at 07:04 AM.

Deleted
    If Blizzard said "biggest gamescom yet" and it's no expansion reveal then how can it be the biggest? Hmm.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Well, all of this makes sense when we get it piece by piece:

Expansion 7:
    - Sea archipelagos and island: Kezan as a whole region/Undermine, Zandalar, Channel isle, Nazjatar
    - Azshara + Naga
    - Old Gods / N'zoth
    - Jaina + Kul'tiras
    - Corrupted Azeroth

Expansion 8:
    - Ethereals
    - Void Lords

Right now it's just an overflow of hints and information. I really hope they'll announce the expansion at Gamescom (although I still go with Blizzcon) because I can't wait til November to be honest... *sigh*
    i'll try to edit yours and try to add something from mine
    Expansion 7:
    - Azshara + Naga
    - Old Gods / N'zoth
    - Jaina + KT
    - Zul and Trolls prequel to Nightelven Heritage

Expansion 8:
    - Emerald Dream/ Nightmare - It is still unresolved and still exist. Overgrowth in Barrens, The Great Trees of Azeroth, 4 Emerald Gates watched by the Nightmare Dragons as portal
    - Shadowlands
    - Troll Empire and Elven Race epilogue
    - O'dyn and His eyes in the Shadow Realms
    - Sylvanas' redemption for the undead

Expansion 9:
    - Timetravel back in time: Muruzond Related
    - Post Sundering Azeroth: BC is current Draenor and Draenor having it's own Expac Azeroth as 1 continent
    - Black Empire Azeroth Post Titan intervention and post Sundering
    - Nozdormu- Muruzond
    - C'Thraxxi (N'zoth), Aqir (YS), Qiraji (C'Thun), Mantid

Expansion 10:
    - Ethereals
    - Demon Planets that have a zone only maps: Mardum much like Kezan right now but for sure in this expansion it will be a complete zone as whole
    - Nathreza, Ethereal's home planet Karesh= destroyed can mean Dreanor >> Outland or Planet Argus: Destroyed but still habitable, Xorroth, Shivvari home planet, Centralis, Karkor,
    - Void Lords

Finale 9:
    - Argus as a whole planet
    - Bolvar the Lich King and the Damned
    - Illidan and the Burning Legion
    - Old God+ united + Void lord wrap up story
    - The Titan Pantheon as planets

- Corrupted Azeroth final revamp of the world, our base is somewhere in another planet or a space ship
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2017-08-01 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    There has only ever been, only ever will be... one Azshara, Daughter of the Moon, Light of Lights and Flower of Life, Glory of our People and Light of a Thousand Moons, Queen of the Kaldorei; Empress of Nazjatar.
    Don't you mean Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Realm, Lady Regnant of the Seven Kingdoms, Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons?

- - - Updated - - -

Ultimately, N'zoth is just one of four or five Old Gods that have existed on Azeroth, and one of innumerable Old Gods in the Great Dark Beyond.
    Well, this is an understatement of N'zoth's capabilities and power. N'zoth corrupted Neltharion, turned him into Deathwing and was responsible for the creation of the Demon Soul, weakening every Aspect and giving Deathwing insane powers. N'zoth most likely saved Azshara and her servants from dying and turned them into Naga. N'zoth is (most likely) the evil in the Nightmare (Rift of Aln) and corrupting the Emerald Dream for millenias. N'zoth is the corruptor and by that most likely the most devastating Old God to have ever lived (on Azeroth).

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    One way of personifying the fantasy theme of a class guess what, yes it's because it's because of their abilities. The name of the ability, the animation, what effect it does, and everything about it so apart from the look and appearance, armor type and what ever fashion you can mix and match with, and the on going story behind it's definitely a big deal with ABILITIES: A class defining element.
    Well my point still stands - we've got number of different classes with essentially same abilities just named differently and using different FX. All tanks got some sort of taunt and it usually works the same, no matter whats written on it. All healers got HoTs, direct heals and so on. The whole idea of Blizzard not adding new class because of the ability overlap is absurd in my opinion. Its already happening on such scale that adding more will do nothing to the game or its fantasy.

If there is something to be concern about when it comes to adding new class, I'd say providing content for that new class - quests, raid tier sets, class mount, etc thats what sound troubling, because its a shit ton of work and it doesn't get any easier as they add new features to the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    If Blizzard said "biggest gamescom yet" and it's no expansion reveal then how can it be the biggest? Hmm.
    I know right? Still trying to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Atirador View Post
    I know right? Still trying to figure it out.
    Announcement of a new franchise, announcement of Diablo 4, Starcraft 3 or Warcraft 4, an Overwatch expansion etc. - there are many options to make it their biggest Gamescom yet without announcing the new WoW expansion. I mean they could announce it as well but it's not the only way to make it their biggest GC yet.

Ethereals while awesome would make 0 sense. I mean look at the logic:

TBC -> Draenei + Blood elf, since the lore of the expansion revolves around them. They help fight whatever we come up against
    WOTLK -> Death Knights arrive to help us fight their former master
    Cataclysm -> Worgen and Goblins help us fight a threat they face themselves (Goblins get attacked and demolished by Deathwing, Worgen have Sylvanas issues)
    Mists -> Pandaren arrive because of issues of Pandaria, to help us face the threats
    Warlords -> N/A
    Legion -> Demon Hunters help us fight the invasion of Demons

Every class/race has had something to do with the threats we face, and yet Ethereals fall nowhere near that logic.

Do note, this is ASSUMING the THEORY of South Seas + Kul Tiras is correct.

Deleted
    Announcement of a new franchise, announcement of Diablo 4, Starcraft 3 or Warcraft 4, an Overwatch expansion etc. - there are many options to make it their biggest Gamescom yet without announcing the new WoW expansion. I mean they could announce it as well but it's not the only way to make it their biggest GC yet.
    All of those things are stuff that people expect on Blizzcon not at Blizzcon. I mean I can see Overwatch expansion or a Diablo expansion

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Every class/race has had something to do with the threats we face, and yet Ethereals fall nowhere near that logic.
    N'Zoth is a tool for Void Lords, Ethereals are know for all things void related since TBC, hell we even got Void Storage in the game. Here is your logic.

Deleted
    N'Zoth is a tool for Void Lords, Ethereals are know for all things void related since TBC, hell we even got Void Storage in the game. Here is your logic.
    Just like Legion is fighting for the greater good lol..

Either way, we have been cck teased with N'Zoth since WOTLK and Cata yet.. Noting came to life because we took 2 detours with Pandaria and WoD.

Obviously people want to keep the trend of focusing on Main Things like with the Legion expac, however we are all gonna be trolled this year with yet another sort of Pandaria filler expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    Shaman You got Elemental which focuses on ranged spell casting and Enhancement which focuses on melee strikes with elements involved. I'm pretty sure they bring their own way of utility to the group it's not just too obvious as compared to the almost full support role of Restoshammy
    Next time read stuff before you post, we were talking about new classes, not existing. Moron.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Deleted
    this thread title is misleading and should be changed or the thread removed all together.

this is not an 'official' thread for 8.0 speculation you do not work or speak for blizzard and can not just put 'official' before a title to claim its importance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    this thread title is misleading and should be changed or the thread removed all together.

this is not an 'official' thread for 8.0 speculation you do not work or speak for blizzard and can not just put 'official' before a title to claim its importance.
    it would be misleading if we were on blizzard's forums

7+ Year Old Account
    I think, and I'm pretty sure this was Mushkins' point as well, that a Azshara/N'zoth expansion would be an Azshara expansion. People assume that N'zoth would be the end boss because he saved her and the highborne and is empowering them, but realistically, like all the other Old Gods, N'zoth is a corrupter.

Someone (and I don't remember who, sorry) proposed the idea that N'zoth would be the second tier final boss, weakening Azshara so that she is defeatable in the final tier. I find that a lot more likely. N'zoth is a badass, but Azshara is Azshara, the greatest (in the sense of scale) Queen to ever live. She's the sort of character who stands alongside Arthas in terms of being able to put her on the box and build her up as that final, epic encounter sitting at the very end.

Ultimately, N'zoth is just one of four or five Old Gods that have existed on Azeroth, and one of innumerable Old Gods in the Great Dark Beyond.

There has only ever been, only ever will be... one Azshara, Daughter of the Moon, Light of Lights and Flower of Life, Glory of our People and Light of a Thousand Moons, Queen of the Kaldorei; Empress of Nazjatar.
    Probably you are right, and to sell an expantion Azshara is more attractive than tentacles from the Abyss...

At this point: Rise of the Naga Empire/ Queen Azshara Wrath / The dark below / South Seas... they are all around the same theme but with different approaches...
    and because no others ideas (except northred 2.0 but is nothing to concrete except the fact that fit better with "dragons"/odyn/ulduar and the keepers) is coming, we can assume that one of these is the logical continuation of Legion.

So now we are floating around this points:

Azshaza final boss vs N'zoth final boss
    New raised continent/underwater area vs islands
    Shipyard/coastal defence system vs Ships/submariner system
    Playable naga vs ethereals
    Kul'tiras as only Ally starting area vs Kul'tiras as zone
    Jaina turn evil vs Sylvanas turn evil

What we know for sure:
    Dragons
    We lose the Artifacts

I forget something?
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Atirador View Post
    Just like Legion is fighting for the greater good lol..
    well, I mean he has a point. He just didn't knew that there is this one possible connection

Well, this is an understatement of N'zoth's capabilities and power. N'zoth corrupted Neltharion, turned him into Deathwing and was responsible for the creation of the Demon Soul, weakening every Aspect and giving Deathwing insane powers. N'zoth most likely saved Azshara and her servants from dying and turned them into Naga. N'zoth is (most likely) the evil in the Nightmare (Rift of Aln) and corrupting the Emerald Dream for millenias. N'zoth is the corruptor and by that most likely the most devastating Old God to have ever lived (on Azeroth).
    It wasn't a comment on his potency, just the reality of his place as a Villain. At the end of the day, he's just the last of a group of enemies, certainly he's done a lot, but no more than Yogg, who created half of the Alliance via the curse of flesh, corrupted the watchers (successfully getting one killed) and started the nightmare in the first place. No more than C'thun, the only one to continue waging full-scale war long after the others had been sealed away, and then was a large influence on the Twilight's Hammer, even during the Cataclysm being perpetrated by N'zoth. Or Y'shaarj, the strongest of them and the one who's death tore open the Well which has caused so much of the planet's events to unfold.

N'zoth is the "last" among a number, and a relatively recent malignant force. Azshara has been lurking there from the very beginning, and her presence in lore is more fundamental, even if N'zoth has done a great deal. It says a lot that: "N'zoth is Old God who saved Azshara and the Highborne and turned them into Naga." and not "Azshara is the queen who was saved by N'zoth and turned into a Naga along with her followers."

I just meant that she is probably more suited to being both the face of the expansion and the final boss if they are going to be in the same expansion. Trust me, no one is more hyped to see the Black Forest and the Sleeping City than I am, but somehow she just... feels like more of a last boss.

Aah yes a pure covenience tool that is nowhere mentioned in the lore, nor is the so called "all things void" since TBC.. right, because obviously that is completely comparable to DK's fighting their former master, Pandarens fighting to protect their homeland..

7+ Year Old Account
    Wasnt N'zoth alone to corrupt Dethwing and he was corrupted to create the Demon Soul as ampliter the gateway into the Well of Eternity...

From wow.gamepedia.com:
    The Old Gods had manipulated Deathwing into creating the Demon Soul, but their true intention was that the demons would inform their lord Sargeras of the great power of the weapon used against them. Sargeras would no doubt want the Demon Soul to power the gateway that would let him enter Azeroth. By using the Demon Soul to amplify the gateway, the three Old Gods hoped to escape their prison beneath
    the planet.

Ironically, Azshara was saved from the same old gods that planned to kill her in the process...
    Last edited by Tartys; 2017-08-01 at 09:07 AM.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Aah yes a pure covenience tool that is nowhere mentioned in the lore,
    Umm, N'zoth is mentioned alright as Void Lords instrument literally on the first pages of Chronicle book vol. 1. Isn't that lore enough for you? Not to mention we've already faced parts of N'zoth back in Cata, we just didn't knew back then that its a void lords servant. Well, retcons, what can you do?

... nor is the so called "all things void" since TBC..
    ethereals a getting some attention in 7.3 in that new dungeon, which is also guess what, void related. There is void eating stuff away everywhere, one of the bosses clearly Ethereal, NPC in that dungeon also seems to be ethereal, and the last boss L'ura is freakin' void naaru something. I'd say there is enough to establish a bridge for the next expansion if it will indeed introduce ethereals as playable race or hostile faction.