Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    there will be no riots over this one
    why do you suppose that is?

Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    there will be no riots over this one
    why do you suppose that is?
    Could be any number of reasons, such as the fact that its in Canada, and I don't remember hearing about any riots happening in Canada over stuff like this. Maybe in the United States, but not Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by rhaiden View Post
    I am a cop. Seriously what in the world is wrong with you ? Not every person, including cops, are bad. This seriously breaks my heart to see this.

I have 3 children. I have a lovimg wife as well. Some of these comments like this are unacceptable. And yes, i work for a respectable state agency.
    Don't worry, karma will catch up to them. One day they will need a cop, and there won't be one to help them.

Quote Originally Posted by Findlyn View Post
    Could be any number of reasons, such as the fact that its in Canada, and I don't remember hearing about any riots happening in Canada over stuff like this. Maybe in the United States, but not Canada.
    hmmmm no riots in canada

10+ Year Old Account
    When will people learn!?

A badge and/or gun does not make a bad person some-how a "good-person".
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how many people defending the police would like to be tied to a chair and then tasered repeatedly because their bodies involuntarily twitched while being electrocuted?

I know there are masochists out there, but I didn't really realize there were this many.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    I wonder how many people defending the police would like to be tied to a chair and then tasered repeatedly because their bodies involuntarily twitched while being electrocuted?

I know there are masochists out there, but I didn't really realize there were this many.
    I wonder how many ignorant people will keep posting because they think this was about torture without any evidence to prove it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    "Stop resisting."

You fucking pillock, the human body spasms when tasered.

On this very page, of this topic, there is a someone passive-aggressively basically calling for the murder of cops.

And the way you auto-assume that there is zero reason for this, again shows that you have no experience in law enforcement and that they must be innocent and had zero reason to have force put upon them.

How about you come up with how if someone is being combative, trying to hurt themselves, or others, what they were supposed to do? I am not saying that is what happened, I am just saying it is a possibility. I am using something called critical thinking and skepticism, because we do not know the full story. I acknowledge both the possibility that these cops tortured this person, just as much as there is the possibility that he was being combative when they were trying to process him and had to get him to a point they could continue to do so safely for everyone involved. But I will answer the last question so that you will answer mine;

Just like I said, it could be fully justified, that in process of trying to book him to be placed into custody of the corrections facility, he was being highly combative, possibly hurting cops, other inmates, or even himself. Some criminals are violent, and will fight/bite/spit/scratch/kick/etc until there is nothing left in them. We don't know if this was or wasnt the case, but its as much a possibility as cops that most likely know they were being recorded were torturing a random guy 'just cause'.
    Was that person me? No? Then why are you holding me responsible?

I didn't "auto-assume" anything. Neither did I claim there was no reason.
    I did claim theere was no justification for torturing a restrained suspect.

You are thinking up something unrelated.
    the suspect was restrained. In a chair. If three men who are supposed to have training for this cannot deal with one bound suspect without losing their head and resorting to torture then it doesn't matter what "reasons" they have. They do not have justification.
    Yes, we do not know everything, but from what we know we can already tell that there was a problem on the side of the officers. Maybe it wasn't their fault, maybe the ones responsible for their training and equipment should get the blame, but this certainly isn't how you deal with your charges in a civilized country. If they had no other option then that only means that they weren't qualified to hold him. There is never justification for torture. A reason maybe, but not justification.

- - - Updated - - -

First off, not a kid. An adult with apparently a history of violence and drugs. Also, if what svifnymr said is true(there is no verification so I don't know, but sounds like a plausible situation), they were trying to get him restrained to get transferred for a mental evaluation, but they were being uncooperative/combative. You actually may have to resort to using tasers on already restrained individuals if they are still being violent/non-compliant while in restraints.
    A teen is a kid.

So you think torturing a restrained individual into compliance is justified and should be up to the personal judgement of police officers?

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder how many ignorant people will keep posting because they think this was about torture without any evidence to prove it.
    Just because you close your eyes and put your hands ove your ears does not make the facts go away, no matter how strongly you imagine them gone.

the cops did nothing wrong , its obvious they were not trained properly. The kid probably did something to deserve it though.

15+ Year Old Account
    First off, not a kid. An adult with apparently a history of violence and drugs. Also, if what svifnymr said is true(there is no verification so I don't know, but sounds like a plausible situation), they were trying to get him restrained to get transferred for a mental evaluation, but they were being uncooperative/combative. You actually may have to resort to using tasers on already restrained individuals if they are still being violent/non-compliant while in restraints.
    Its stated in the article that the officers paper work shows he was tased for resisting proior to and while they were trying to transport him so thats very verified

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    A teen is a kid.

So you think torturing a restrained individual into compliance is justified and should be up to the personal judgement of police officers?
    18/19 is NOT a kid get real take a look at his booking photo hes a big guy also its not torture at all when you are trying to move someone from point a to b and they are resisting get that through you head.

@Firatha it is no use talking to Noradin, he made up his mind and cannot be swayed. He came into this thread hot and hostile from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    18/19 is NOT a kid get real take a look at his booking photo hes a big guy also its not torture at all when you are trying to move someone from point a to b and they are resisting get that through you head.
    A teen is still a kid, no matter their size.
    Using pain to make a restrained person compliant is torture.
    How much he resisted and how justified tasering him while he was unrestrained is irrelevant, it is not up to the officers to make a judgement.

And anyway, what is stated in the officers paper work might be the truth, it might be them trying to cover up abuse, that is up to the courts.

- - - Updated - - -

@Firatha it is no use talking to Noradin, he made up his mind and cannot be swayed. He came into this thread hot and hostile from the start.
    You were the one coming in here mind made up that the suspect "had it coming" because he "must have done something off-screen" that "justifies" torture.
    And what we see in that video is torture. He is restained, he cannot do anything but involutarily twitch when shocked. Did you even watch the evidence before coming to your conclusion that the officers "must have been justified somehow because obviously the teen must have done something"?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    Its stated in the article that the officers paper work shows he was tased for resisting proior to and while they were trying to transport him so thats very verified.
    That is what they claim, but it is irrelevant.
    They are police officers, not judges.
    he was restrained in the video where he was shocked repeatedly and that is what this thread is about, not his behaviour while he was unrestrained.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakatashi View Post
    I really don't feel bad about American cops getting killed. There's enough bad apples here to spoil the bunch.
    If that's your standards, you might as well leave "cops" out, or replace it with "Afro-American", or North-Koreans, or Russians, or or or...

@Noradin this is last time I will address you in this matter; Your bias is very clear, that you are clearly one sided with blinders on. No matter what anyone says, you will either ignore it or waive it off because it doesn't fit your narrative. You obviously have issues with cops, and do not know how things work with violent criminals who are resisting. Being restrained does not suddenly make you compliant, you can still be violent, combative, and resistant while in restraints.

Quote Originally Posted by fotmyo View Post
    American Police*
    Humans are humans no matter your location. It's naive to think otherwise.

if he was already restrained to a chair... let him tire himself out. why continue to tase him... which by the way can kill? Just seems needless.

It bothers me that 19 is still listed as "teen" in the heading.

Post 18 he's an adult, teen is just trying to make us feel an emotional connection for a youth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    if he was already restrained to a chair... let him tire himself out. why continue to tase him... which by the way can kill? Just seems needless.
    #Truth

This is just an excuse to torture somebody.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Typical of Americans and their handling of mental health issues.

What the article doesn't mention is those cops doped him up with lsd before they then applied the electroshock therapy.

Just like the cia did to unruly children in the 1950s.

Nothing to see here please move along.

What was the timeframe of this? Because if it was all during the arrest, how is he alive after 40 successful tasings? Even with low amperage repeated pulses of high voltage can cause major damage.