Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Alright so looks like Raging, Necrotic, Tyrannical? Any chance we'll see any 23s this week? Or even 22s? Will the rankings be pretty much locked in as is now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteadee View Post
    Alright so looks like Raging, Necrotic, Tyrannical? Any chance we'll see any 23s this week? Or even 22s? Will the rankings be pretty much locked in as is now?
    Probably not. From fragnance stream most of the bosses are straight up brutal on Fortified +23, so yeah can't imagine them doing it on tyranical... The rankings won't change much

Why would the rankings be locked? They all have to complete 5 dungeons in time this week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Why would the rankings be locked? They all have to complete 5 dungeons in time this week.
    It's not locked at all but next week's affixes are harder (just tyranical actually) so people will push less keys. Therefore the rankings won't change much

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    They have a 2 week period to get their 5 best dungeons, and the first week (now over for NA, one day left for EU) was apparently the easier set of affixes.

Also from FAQ:

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    This will allow us to set keystone affix combinations different from the current live combination for that week, and allow us to normalize gear and artifact level among all competitors.
    I wonder how they're going to 'normalize' gear. Will it just be scaling everyone to a certain ilvl or will classes have a set of gear you get.

For people that are interested in following it, we are tracking the Invitational at raider.io. I saw it was mentioned earlier in the thread but I thought I'd pop in with a couple of screenshots so people can see what we're doing. We're pretty excited to be tracking China now as well (though with less precision that the other regions as China doesn't have an API). There is a dropdown at the top that lets you change the region if you want to hone in on a specific area, otherwise it defaults to World.

Team pages can be reached by clicking any of the team characters on the leaderboard.

Last edited by Ulsoga; 2017-08-01 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulsoga View Post
    Team pages can be reached by clicking any of the team characters on the leaderboard.
    That, for me, is kinda inconvenient. I want to go to the player page when I click the player, not the team. You have a column labelled "Team" with the symbols underneath it, why not use that to go to the team page (as is now)? Minor thing, just my 2 cents.

They have a 2 week period to get their 5 best dungeons
    Ah OK, I thought they'd have to submit the 5 highest of each week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Lv22 of EOA, DHT, BRH, MAW, NL, ARcway & maybe VOTW could be possible.

Edit: Actually even more; check https://www.wowprogress.com/mythic_p...xes=tyrannical

Maybe even Upper Kara w/ 2 BM's, but that'd be pointless since you would not double bm for other dungeons.
    Its not only tyrannical, its also necrotic and raging. With ideal setup and ideal gameplay "maybe" 1 or 2 keys are doable on 23 (but really I do not believe that).

Tyrannical bosses on 23 have

100%+817%*1.15 Damage (equal to +954%)
    100%+817%*1.4 HP (equal to +1183%)
    Last edited by mmoca163a27034; 2017-08-01 at 05:26 PM.

How are DKs with necrotic now? I know at the beginning of the expansion they were said to be the worst tank for it, but how much of that was exaggerated, or has it changed since?

I guess with T20 druids are doing a lot more healing now as well.

Deleted
    How are DKs with necrotic now? I know at the beginning of the expansion they were said to be the worst tank for it, but how much of that was exaggerated, or has it changed since?

I guess with T20 druids are doing a lot more healing now as well.
    They were never the worst tank for necrotic. They have AMS + cloak legendary, to drop their stacks whenever they want agaisnt any kind of ennemies (just need the ams not to be consumed by damage)

I would be quite impressed to see a +23 done in time this week, let alone many +22s. There are so many bosses across the dungeons that just have instant 1-shots at that level that it'll require some serious immunity stacking. The double DPS warrior comp is probably one of the worst this week. I'm not sure if Blizzard just doesn't care about the affixes at all, or if they're totally oblivious to them, really, because it's already pretty clear that to qualify from week 2 play alone is not happening in the US or EU regions, which makes this week redundant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    I would be quite impressed to see a +23 done in time this week, let alone many +22s. There are so many bosses across the dungeons that just have instant 1-shots at that level that it'll require some serious immunity stacking. The double DPS warrior comp is probably one of the worst this week. I'm not sure if Blizzard just doesn't care about the affixes at all, or if they're totally oblivious to them, really, because it's already pretty clear that to qualify from week 2 play alone is not happening in the US or EU regions, which makes this week redundant.
    yeah, the values of +22 tyrannical bosses are already higher than normal +23 bosses. Normal 23 bosses are already very hard or wall'ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    They have no idea who affixes work at that level is my bet.

Else they would have this qualification differently.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted
    Well at least the changed it so each region gets same affixes every week. Imagine the amount of assblastedness if some region got sanguine volcanic while the other gets raging bolstering or some shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Well at least the changed it so each region gets same affixes every week. Imagine the amount of assblastedness if some region got sanguine volcanic while the other gets raging bolstering or some shit.
    Then they would simply take the best 5 teams of each region, problem fixed.

Deleted
    Only CoS and VotW +24 done this week. Would any other dungeon be possible to +24 before the reset?

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Only CoS and VotW +24 done this week. Would any other dungeon be possible to +24 before the reset?
    EoA, BRH, and HoV perhaps. Maybe Arcway. The timers are pretty tight at +23, so aside from no mistakes most of them would require some aggressive chaining or big pulls with lust and CDs to shave any more time off. If we still had the option to deplete keys I'd expect +24s to have been done for those keys for sure because people would keep running them and making a giant pull until they get through it, then ride that 2-3 minute advantage through the rest of the dungeon playing relatively safe.

If there was more notice given for the tournament, people might have had time to build up a good versatility/avoidance sets for tyrannical.

Avoidance rating is pretty good in m+, there are a TON of abilities that are classified as area damage that aren't really aoe but for whatever reason they are tagged as such, and still get reduced. And it's relatively easy to cap, but people really didn't have any reason to hold onto that gear.

Deleted
    I wonder how they're going to 'normalize' gear. Will it just be scaling everyone to a certain ilvl or will classes have a set of gear you get.
    baseline ilvls + baseline trait levels. I guess the baseline ilvl will be on 910 (no tertiary/no socket) and you will do a +15. Two teams are starting at the same time, the fastest clear is the winner, no timer to beat. In the tespa tourney they didn't had the paragon traits (not even the first point) and no relics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FrogBow View Post
    Avoidance rating is pretty good in m+
    I got avoidance on 2 915 ilvl pieces. The damage reduce amount is crazy (10% per piece). Leech is also a pretty handy stat if you have 2-3 pieces. A good mix of avoidance/leech/versatility makes things a lot more doable. And if you are a rogue you can cheese quite hard (on some high keys cheat death is not the first choice, elusiveness becomes pretty handy sometimes at bosses with frequent onehitting single target damage like xavius, hyrja at which cheat death would save you only once).
    Last edited by mmoca163a27034; 2017-08-01 at 11:15 PM.