Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lawsuit Alleges Fox News and Trump Supporter Created Fake News Story

http://www.npr.org/2017/08/01/540783...ake-news-story

Fox sure is having a rough year when it comes to lawsuits.

10+ Year Old Account
    They will have to sue reddit and 4chan.org first. The story started on 4chan, blew up on Reddit, then featured on Fox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    They will have to sue reddit and 4chan.org first. The story started on 4chan, blew up on Reddit, then featured on Fox.
    Good luck suing 4chan, that's like suing the internet.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    All networks should be held responsible for the accuracy of their reporting. I'm fine with legal ramifications for propagating stories that are created to intentionally deceive the public.
    Eat yo vegetables

Except reddit and 4chan are bulletin boards, not a news organization. Though with Fox News you need to use the term "news organization" rather loosely.

So don't run a story when the sources are 4chan and Reddit. Fox is responsible for what they chose to report.

If Fox damaged this man's credibility and career by attributing direct quotes to him that they have no evidence he ever made, then they very well could be held liable.

I'm sure the Trump squad will be all over this, given their concern for journalistic integrity. Or does that only apply to CNN not vetting articles properly?

10+ Year Old Account
    But NPR is fake news, therefore the news that Fox is fake news is fake news so Fox ain't!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    I'm sure the Trump squad will be all over this, given their concern for journalistic integrity. Or does that only apply to CNN not vetting articles properly?
    Realistically, it should be a problem. Fans of Fox won't care just like fans of CNN don't care when they edit a call to burn down white suburbs.

No they don't. Regardless of the original source, it was FOX's responsibility to sight out said source and to verify it.

They didn't.

Therefore they're held culpable. It was their story, their actions, and their willingness to allow an unchecked source to dictate their story.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    But NPR is fake news, therefore the news that Fox is fake news is fake news so Fox ain't!
    ...Fake Foxy Fox faked a Box full of FOX News for Fake FOX story of Fox faking Box of Fox?

...where does the Lazy dog fit into this? o_O

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    All networks should be held responsible for the accuracy of their reporting. I'm fine with legal ramifications for propagating stories that are created to intentionally deceive the public.
    Agreed. CNN msnbc NBC CBS ABC and the other radical leftwing nut job stations should be shut down for the crimes they commit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karfal View Post
    Agreed. CNN msnbc NBC CBS ABC and the other radical leftwing nut job stations should be shut down for the crimes they commit.
    Sure. Just provide evidence that specific stories are created to intentionally deceive the public, and we can talk about punishment within the law.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by Karfal View Post
    Fox, BB, Inforwars would be leading that charge long, long, long before any of those. Seriously. Wake the fuck up.

10+ Year Old Account
    And Spicer is involved? Isn't that timing special.

But guys, this was totally a legit story that was squashed by liberal media. Hannity told me so.

Is he even still trying to shill this story, or has even he given up on this idiotic conspiracy theory?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    But guys, this was totally a legit story that was squashed by liberal media. Hannity told me so.

Is he even still trying to shill this story, or has even he given up on this idiotic conspiracy theory?
    Last I heard, he said he wasn't going to talk about it anymore (cause lawsuits) but he never recanted nor even implied that it was false.

Deleted
    So Fox is as bad as CNN and the rest of the MSM? Who would have figured

Quote Originally Posted by halloaa View Post
    So Fox is as bad as CNN and the rest of the MSM? Who would have figured
    Do they think they're making people mad by bringing up CNN or something? /yawn

I wonder if Fox is going to be able to dodge it since they're registered as entertainment and not news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    Do they think they're making people mad by bringing up CNN or something? /yawn
    Naw, he's just using false equivalencies to defend his bias. Note that he offers no example of CNN conspiring with the White House to spread false information about a political opponent. He just SAYS they're the same, and therefore Fox/Trump is off the hook for anything they do.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-