Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    Problem is theres no PvP in this. So no not really competition.
    I keep seeing people say this and can't help but to disagree.

The game is obviously aiming at giving Destiny competition. Just because it doesn't have pvp doesn't mean it can't give it competition. Because if you know anything about how most of Destiny's pvp has been nothing but a steaming pile of unbalanced shit for most of its lifecycle, then you'd never be making statements like that to begin with.

And the vast majority of people I know that have played Destiny A LOT can't stop talking about Anthem and how they want to play it. So there's that too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Thing is, if they're using checkerboarding, its still not truly running at 4K then.
    Right.

I don't think anyone with a bit of common sense to them thought that the One X would be able to push all games at native 4K. Especially third party games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    I keep seeing people say this and can't help but to disagree.

The game is obviously aiming at giving Destiny competition. Just because it doesn't have pvp doesn't mean it can't give it competition. Because if you know anything about how most of Destiny's pvp has been nothing but a steaming pile of unbalanced shit for most of its lifecycle, then you'd never be making statements like that to begin with.

And the vast majority of people I know that have played Destiny A LOT can't stop talking about Anthem and how they want to play it. So there's that too.

- - - Updated - - -

Right.

I don't think anyone with a bit of common sense to them thought that the One X would be able to push all games at native 4K. Especially third party games.
    Oh I'm going to play it, but Destiny still has a HUGE PvP base and thats what they play it for. Without PvP they're going to be alienating a pretty big playerbase.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I'm going to play it, but Destiny still has a HUGE PvP base and thats what they play it for. Without PvP they're going to be alienating a pretty big playerbase.
    How pretty, I mean, big exactly?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm honestly perfectly ok with this. I'd prefer my Co-Op, and PvP games to be separate. Too often does stat balancing cater to one side and negatively effect the other.

As for Destiny, I suck at PvP, so I really spent the majority of my time in Raids and such. This game, if it does not have PvP, will basically be everything I like about Destiny, without the part I dislike. Win/Win for people like me.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Are you sitting there saying that most of the people that play Destiny play it for the pvp? Because if you are, then LOL. Bungie has even come out and said before that the vast majority of the player base only plays PvE for the most part. And even then, a lot of them only play it casually. PvP never has been a major part of Destiny. The only reason why it seems as big as it is is because Bungie themselves try to push it so hard.

You keep talking like you know a lot about Destiny, when in reality you don't seem to know much about it at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you sitting there saying that most of the people that play Destiny play it for the pvp? Because if you are, then LOL. Bungie has even come out and said before that the vast majority of the player base only plays PvE for the most part. And even then, a lot of them only play it casually. PvP never has been a major part of Destiny. The only reason why it seems as big as it is is because Bungie themselves try to push it so much.
    Indeed. The biggest thing PvP wise are Trials and Iron Banner. Which are limited time events. Beyond those events, most are playing PvE to get their rewards. Regular crucible has always been one of the slower ways to get rewards.

Since Destiny is all about getting new items and upgrades, people will flock to where it is easiest to get them. Which is generally PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Indeed. The biggest thing PvP wise are Trials and Iron Banner. Which are limited time events. Beyond those events, most are playing PvE to get their rewards. Regular crucible has always been one of the slower ways to get rewards.

Since Destiny is all about getting new items and upgrades, people will flock to where it is easiest to get them. Which is generally PvE.
    And most MMO games generally have a large portion of their player base only doing PvE related activities. And since Destiny is a quasi-MMO/MMO-lite, this holds true for it as well. Anytime you have a game that has a major PvE component to it, that is where most of your player base will reside. It's just a well known fact at this point and something we've seen time and time and time again with MMOs and MMO-like games.

I mean, there's a reason why the Destiny population always took huge dips during PvE content droughts.....it's because that's all most of the playerbase cares about.....PvE. Without new PvE content to keep them entertained, they just stop playing until more comes out. The only reason why PvP even seems remotely big at all in Destiny is because Bungie tries to make it seem big and the fact that most Twitch streamers always stream Trials on the weekends and nothing else.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2017-06-20 at 06:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And most MMO games generally have a large portion of their player base only doing PvE related activities. And since Destiny is a quasi-MMO/MMO-lite, this holds true for it as well. Anytime you have a game that has a major PvE component to it, that is where most of your player base will reside. It's just a well known fact at this point and something we've seen time and time and time again with MMOs and MMO-like games.
    Couldn't agree more. I believe this to be absolute fact.

Couldn't agree more. I believe this to be absolute fact.
    It's not a fact by any means, even by the definition of the word Fact. No mmo has offered in all honesty, even really good pvp. Until an MMO comes out that has fair and balanced open world PvP with seiges, mass cale, pve will be king. Not that there's anything wrong with Pve :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebull View Post
    It's not a fact by any means, even by the definition of the word Fact. No mmo has offered in all honesty, even really good pvp. Until an MMO comes out that has fair and balanced open world PvP with seiges, mass cale, pve will be king. Not that there's anything wrong with Pve :P
    So, due to the non-existence of your example, it is still a fact.

Pigs cannot fly, that is a fact. You can't state it isn't a fact due to potential evolution of pigs with wings.

Beyond that though, there are purely PvP MMO's. Two that come to mind are Player Unknown's Battlegrounds, and Planet Side. Those games host massive amounts of players in 1 large world where they fight it out. Those games are strictly PvP.

The issue comes down to what genre the game is. If we are talking about MMORPG's, such as WoW, Guild Wars, Swtor, and the like, these games are primarily PvE. Even ESO, which has a huge PvP map which hosts hundreds of players, most players stick to PvE.

Also, back to Fact. A Fact is the current truth. The fact can change with the discovery of new evidence. But currently, there are no MMORPG's which the majority of the player base sticks to PvP.

So, due to the non-existence of your example, it is still a fact.

Pigs cannot fly, that is a fact. You can't state it isn't a fact due to potential evolution of pigs with wings.

Beyond that though, there are purely PvP MMO's. Two that come to mind are Player Unknown's Battlegrounds, and Planet Side. Those games host massive amounts of players in 1 large world where they fight it out. Those games are strictly PvP.

The issue comes down to what genre the game is. If we are talking about MMORPG's, such as WoW, Guild Wars, Swtor, and the like, these games are primarily PvE. Even ESO, which has a huge PvP map which hosts hundreds of players, most players stick to PvE.

Also, back to Fact. A Fact is the current truth. The fact can change with the discovery of new evidence. But currently, there are no MMORPG's which the majority of the player base sticks to PvP.
    A pig could fly is someone taught them and designed a plane for them to fly.

On Topic tho this showed up on my Youtube feed: If Anthem's Trailer Was Played By Real Gamers.

Thought it was kinda funny.

The lead designer of Anthem just died. So yeah, I wonder how the game is going to be completed now.

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    The lead designer of Anthem just died. So yeah, I wonder how the game is going to be completed now.
    Article says "A lead designer" which implies there is more than one on Anthem. And I imagine Bioware will just get another person. It sounds a bit cold but that's the way a business works.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-08-01 at 09:20 AM.

I wonder what happened: Illness? Accident?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Or perhaps stress ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually kinda like how this game looks. Will need to see a bit more before anything else, but I am interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Article says "A lead designer" which implies there is more than one on Anthem. And I imagine Bioware will just get another person. It sounds a bit cold but that's the way a business works.
    A lead designer is the same as a project manager and they're only one per project. It's their vision which shapes how the project grows and progresses. They'll refill his position, but the project might take an entirely different path than what it was before.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    A lead designer is the same as a project manager and they're only one per project. It's their vision which shapes how the project grows and progresses. They'll refill his position, but the project might take an entirely different path than what it was before.
    What you're describing is generally a director. "Lead designers" are pretty much just team leaders of individual departments. A core developer, but not the only one.

Wow for example has quite a few lead designers.

The comments in the Eurogamer article I linked say suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    Frostbite engine? A bit funny after the article blaming Andromeda's failures on Bioware using Frostbite engine meant for FPS to create an RPG.
    Unless Anthem won't be an RPG...
    Inquisition was also in frostbite and the only complaints we can have about that game are story directions and lack of evil choices, really.