Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tier539 View Post
    930 sub rogue. I don't remember the last time I've waited to join a group. When I try to queue for things on my 905 alt demon hunter, its significantly harder.
    Right now it's all about that mythic + score if you have a good score 1200+ it doesn't take long to get into a group if your under that, well..... you'll probably get turned down from anything 12 and above no matter your gear.

My main is also a 930 sub rogue but my mythic + score is shit since I usually only do one +15 a week for the cache and there is a ton of dungeons I haven't done, so my score is only like 800-900ish range. I usually get turned down about a dozen times trying to pug before giving up and just running something with some guldies.

@931 ilvl its not too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Is this a joke? You're even outgearing Mythic ToS with 940.
    What do you mean? Plenty of people who raid mythic and are 940. I've had a few lucky titanforges too.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakuski View Post
    As a 932 arms warrior i get invited pretty fast usually. Except mythic 15+ runs requrie mythic+ score. I also don't do mythic+ that often anymore.

Strange, Arms is hands down the best dps spec for M+ by a long shot, the only time they can be an issue is skittish. and 932 is well beyond the req for a 15

Quote Originally Posted by Nospmas View Post
    Right now it's all about that mythic + score if you have a good score 1200+ it doesn't take long to get into a group if your under that, well..... you'll probably get turned down from anything 12 and above no matter your gear.

My main is also a 930 sub rogue but my mythic + score is shit since I usually only do one +15 a week for the cache and there is a ton of dungeons I haven't done, so my score is only like 800-900ish range. I usually get turned down about a dozen times trying to pug before giving up and just running something with some guldies.
    Mine is in the 500-600 range. I might have just been lucky when I queued since I have only pugged m+ for a 15 a few times and usually just do it with my guild

Quote Originally Posted by Musaik View Post
    What do you mean? Plenty of people who raid mythic and are 940. I've had a few lucky titanforges too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Musaik View Post
    940 Mage AoTC. I don't have that problem.
    What I mean? You say you don't have a problem (finding a pug group) while you're even outgearing Mythic Tomb of Sargeras. How would you not find a group when your itemlevel is 20, 30 ILVL higher than needed?
    Last edited by Nyel; 2017-08-01 at 08:10 AM.

Deleted
    Easy if you got a high enough item level.

Also helps to play a class like Warlock, Mage or Boomy.
    It's 100x harder on a melee.

Deleted
    Getting anything, even a +0 before 870 ilvl can be pretty difficult.

I tend to find there is also a stumbling block at around 895-905 ish ilvl where you really want to be running +10 and above but it is just impossible to get into those groups if you are below 910ish.

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo101 View Post
    I tend to find there is also a stumbling block at around 895-905 ish ilvl where you really want to be running +10 and above but it is just impossible to get into those groups if you are below 910ish.
    Tbh it felt similar in NH, around 880-890 you were in that "stumbling block", what I found easier was to pug normal NH and hope for titanforges (or any loot at all) than trying to squeeze my char into m+ pugs. Same now, I'd say normal TOS is your best bet. Ofc when you're just at the lower threshold of getting accepted into groups often you have to jump through the hoops like: join semi-empty groups and wait half an hour for healers, join groups that require voice comms (that scares many people off but tbh, while I talk in m+ pugs if they require, I never talk in pug raids on voice I just type answers and no one minded so far, they just wanna know you heard their orders), join semi-guild runs or "progress groups" and wipe 2h on an easy boss just to get that "armory kill".

M+ is better now in a way you have your own key that never depletes (and cath / kara was nerfed like a week ago even further), so if you get zero invites, you can always try to get people to push your key. With enough patience you can probably find other 4 people, with no guarantees of their quality though (I had a pug tank in eoa11 who decided to bolster the boss with a trash pack and a healer who was asspulling all possible crabs etc., but that's what you get when you try to build a group for a non 15 and you're left with little choice), the upside is even if you deplete the key, you still get loot and a next key and anything below 10 should be easily bump-able to above 10 again (no 3rd affix).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bargh View Post
    Genuinely curious how much time people spend findings groups.

I havent been dpsing since forever, but often I see 3lonely dps waiting in LFG tool, yet guilds always are looking for rdps.

Im confused. Would somebody mind clarifying dps (un)popularity?
    About as rough as driving on a centuries old cobblestone road, your tyres and dampeners will get ruined fast.

940 equipped 2.1k m+ score sub rogue

i get into almost every group i sign up to

Well, getting gear higher than ~ 870 without Mythic+ is impossible
    No it's not considering you can get a full set of 880+ gear from Relinquished tokens to start with and all you have to do is shard farming in some way. Then you have the four Broken Shore bosses who drop 900+ gear. So if you can't get to at least 880-885 then it's problem on your end of not wanting to expend effort.

This also excludes gear from a tad bit harder (requiring groups) areas. You have ToS dropping 885-895 base iLvL, Mythic+, N/H/M ToS Raid, titanforges, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    No it's not considering you can get a full set of 880+ gear from Relinquished tokens to start with and all you have to do is shard farming in some way. Then you have the four Broken Shore bosses who drop 900+ gear. So if you can't get to at least 880-885 then it's problem on your end of not wanting to expend effort.

This also excludes gear from a tad bit harder (requiring groups) areas. You have ToS dropping 885-895 base iLvL, Mythic+, N/H/M ToS Raid, titanforges, etc.
    If you want to get over 870 with the relinquished tokens you need weeks to get it. You get ~ 2500 shards per invasion, that makes 10 invasions per week (if you really get every of them), that brings you to 5 tokens per week, three weeks for an entire relinquished "set". Yes, you can do it this way, impossible was the wrong word. But this is much more tedious than doing some Mythic+.

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo101 View Post
    Getting anything, even a +0 before 870 ilvl can be pretty difficult.

This is where you need to form your own group and be patient with it, then play well in the dungeon.

Depends if your item level is far above what the instance actually drops

If you want to get over 870 with the relinquished tokens you need weeks to get it. You get ~ 2500 shards per invasion, that makes 10 invasions per week (if you really get every of them), that brings you to 5 tokens per week, three weeks for an entire relinquished "set". Yes, you can do it this way, impossible was the wrong word. But this is much more tedious than doing some Mythic+.
    You get shards from Invasions, sentinax farming, Nether Disruptors/Command Center (7500 mission that can be done sometimes twice), Chest Gambling (even if you do WQ ever 3 days for 100 shard key nets a hefty amount), chest looting, elite farming.

So it's quite easy to get a full 880 set in one with without waiting on invasions. If you do Invasions only, sure it'll take a bit longer.

Deleted
    Well, getting gear higher than ~ 870 without Mythic+ is impossible because nobody will invite you for pug raids. I've already seen people looking for EN or NH normal with ILVL 880 and higher. It's just insane - the best is to create raid groups by yourself, for Mythic+ it's hard when you don't have the keystone but with enough time it's working. Itemlevel is the worst possible method to rate a player but unfortunately it's the only one that works in a short amount of time instead of checking achievements etc.
    That's not true. You can reach 880+ (even higher due to WF and TF) just by grinding Nethershards, thanks to Relinquished Tokens.

Or you can be lucky and do what I did.
    Moment I hit 110 with my spriest, I started a fresh ToS NM run, inviting only 900-905+ and above players, had mostly 910-920 ilvl players on average. Luckily, no one either cared about or noticed my ilvl, thanks to the free carry, my priest went from 761ilvl to 892. Was personally lucky with loot as well, got in total 3 pieces from Personal Loot ( 2 of them being set pieces ), 1 from bonus roll and 4 from raid members that didn't need their loot. Had 2 of them at +15 titanforged as well.

Amazing, isn't it? But I did feel shitty throughout and after the raid due to the free carry, not sure I'll do it again.
    Last edited by mmoccea68bd2bd; 2017-08-01 at 04:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    927 warrior. Pretty instant.
    Same with 925 lock. To be fair locks are pretty much instant invite unless the group has a couple already I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakuski View Post
    As a 932 arms warrior i get invited pretty fast usually. Except mythic 15+ runs require mythic+ score. I also don't do mythic+ that often anymore.
    That is what erks me...took two weeks off fell behind gear and now i am caught up it still brutal to get into mythic 15+ runs...this community is full of morons who cant look at the previous seasons.

I need to start adding people to realid more often...the majority of my list are people who have not logged in 2+ years.

Getting 900ish ilvl in 7.2.5 is quite easy, even w/o relinquished tokens. Just do PvP WQs (880(?)+ ilvl), ToS LFR (885+) and Nether Disruptor WBs (900+ ilvl), if you have money you can easily get 900ilvl crafter gear. Everything can TF and it happens relatively often.

My latest EU char is at 894 atm and I rarely play it T_T I started it on a new realm, different faction, no help/gold from mains.

Problem is that 900ish ilvl is garbage, even 910 is meh.