Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Seems like the best way to deal with it would be to not associate with people who are homophobic.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-40643461

Article is too long to quote but:

The reason I posted this is to highlight that homophobia still happens (despite a few ignorant individuals claiming otherwise) and thus why LGBT still needs to exist and fight and educate. 50 years since homosexuality was partially decriminalised in the UK and much has changed for the better but we're still not free from persecution thus the importance in not becoming complacent
    This is a really good point, and a timely reminder. At the same time, hate will always exist in some form or another. What is really sad is that there is really no cure - even education doesn't work. The most eye-opening thing is that racism and hate are learned - no baby is born hating.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    Also pretty funny how the regressive left loves Mooslims when they're more homophobic not to mention blacks and hispanics. Both sides are full of hypocrisies.
    Im a little confused... Yes many Muslims are homophobic but not all thus why the left doesn't condemn every Muslim

Deleted
    We will always be repulsed by homosexuality, if we weren't we probably wouldn't be here. It's called evolution, look it up.

Also pretty funny how the regressive left loves Mooslims when they're more homophobic not to mention blacks and hispanics. Both sides are full of hypocrisies.
    I'm sure what you just said made sense in your little head, but to me it just seems like a typical far-right response trying to deflect to the "evul libruls".

Can enlighten you that I'm right-leaning, not left.

Deleted
    I absolutely have no idea what you just said
    You ask for crimes commited by gay people(heterophobics)towards heteros.

Im asking you, why that is important?

Quote Originally Posted by Vital View Post
    We will always be repulsed by homosexuality, if we weren't we probably wouldn't be here. It's called evolution, look it up.
    Evolution has seen fit to allow homosexuality in many species of animals, not just humans.

Being "repulsed" by it has in no shape or form anything to do with nature, since children are never born with aversion towards these things. Try again, try better.

For every homosexual person, there are a huge amount of heterosexuals. No need to fear for the survival of our species, in other words. This idea that homosexuality is something which you can be recruited into is archaic and retarded.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-08-01 at 04:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Seems like the best way to deal with it would be to not associate with people who are homophobic.
    You do realize how silly that is? That's akin to saying "seems the best solution for rape victims was to not associate with rapists"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    You ask for crimes commited by gay people(heterophobics)towards heteros.

Im asking you, why that is important?
    Well you brought it up...

You do realize how silly that is? That's akin to saying "seems the best solution for rape victims was to not associate with rapists"
    I mean homophobics aren't raping you. they just don't agree with your lifestyle. Rapists are actually hurting someone. But sure they're the same thing
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I'm not afraid of homosexuals. I disagree with their worldview. They have a right to their worldview and I have a right to mine, but when we're talking about something as fundamental as a worldview, people get entrenched in it because it is the very foundation of their reality. In my worldview, homosexuality is an abomination to the natural order of the universe. I'm not going to go out of my way to hate and bash gays, but I'm also not going to accept them into my worldview. That is my right as a free person. You can't make me accept and validate the lifestyles and worldviews that are in direct opposition and contradiction with my own. That's like walking up to a person and demanding that they start calling the sky purple when all that person sees is blue. If you want to be gay, go be gay in your own communities. There's plenty of liberal havens where you can go do your thing. I hear Portland's nice. I just saw in the news how a woman there who's living as a man just got pregnant with her gay man's baby. If that doesn't offend your senses in any way, by all means go live there. The blue states can be blue and the red states can be red and let them govern themselves. The less the Federal government is involved, the better.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-08-01 at 05:59 PM.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

People that have been raised to believe something or don't understand something have an irrational fear of it. More news at 11.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vital View Post
    I don't think you quite understand evolution

Deleted
    Being gay is not determined by the religion. Its a decicion(which CAN be difficult to take depending on social background).

Im pretty sure, that mooslim who looks pretty hetero, thinks about you every night.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-08-01 at 05:03 PM.

Deleted
    homophobia and similar things are never going away. it's instinctual to have a negative reaction to intimate acts your body isn't wired for. the degree of this reaction varies between people, can be anything from discomfort to full on disgust. and just like everything else some people can handle it and some can't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I mean homophobics aren't raping you. they just don't agree with your lifestyle. Rapists are actually hurting someone. But sure they're the same thing
    We're discussing homophobic crimes

10+ Year Old Account
    What utter load of rubbish, I have seen plenty of people on the left criticize Muslims both online and off when they have made a homophobic statement or stance. The only ones believing that Muslims get an absolute free pass from the left in everything are those who can't be bothered to leave their conservative echo-chamber and have their media spoon-feed the agenda of the month.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman31 View Post
    In my worldview, homosexuality is an abomination to the natural order of the universe.
    Then your worldview is based in misinformation rather than fact.

In the natural order, homosexuality is represented time and again. FeelsBadMan?

of course it does till religion disappears (and we know which ones specifically) their deflection of hate and blame will continue till the end of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    What utter load of rubbish, I have seen plenty of people on the left criticize Muslims both online and off when they have made a homophobic statement or stance. The only ones believing that Muslims get an absolute free pass from the left in everything are those who can't be bothered to leave their conservative echo-chamber and have their media spoon-feed the agenda of the month.
    Amen to that.

"But muh evul libruls accepting evul Mooslims!!" = Far-right "logic".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    homophobia and similar things are never going away. it's instinctual to have a negative reaction to intimate acts your body isn't wired for. the degree of this reaction varies between people, can be anything from discomfort to full on disgust. and just like everything else some people can handle it and some can't.
    It's also tied in to an era where hating on the faggot was the cool and "Christian" thing to do. Children aren't born hating something, they learn that from their parents. It's a good thing to note though as time goes on the newer generations are becoming free of their parents bias.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)