Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    I have to disagree with the impossible distance. Dragonstone is further, by sea from Casterly Rock than King's Landing. Also King's landing is on the way to Dorne from Dragonstone. Euron would of intercepted the first time while they were sailing by, been rather close to KL, had the one day parade and stuff, and took off after the rest. Grey Worm and crew showed up earlier and Euron showed up a bit later but still in time. Ironborne were considered ship people, would make sense their boats are a bit better and faster...

Plus the episodes are not real time, there is off screen travel going on.
    Err no? KL is further away from Casterly Rock (by sea) than Dragonstone, and Daenerys ships are also built (and probably navigated) by the Ironborne.
    But there is another easy explanation: Euron never was at the battle of Casterly Rock, he just sailed to KL after the battle at sea with his ship and sent his fleet after the Unsullied.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    But there is another easy explanation: Euron never was at the battle of Casterly Rock, he just sailed to KL after the battle at sea with his ship and sent his fleet after the Unsullied.
    We see his ship when the Unsullied fleet get rekt. I highly doubt he would let anyone else to lead it. He wants to impress Cersei. Im surprised he wasnt present at the battle for Highgarden too

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    The Mad king was a ticking time bomb dude. After he killed Rickard and Brandon he demanded Jon Arryn give him the heads of Eddard and Robert, two young men who were like Jon's kids who did nothing wrong.
    Doesent matter how mad he was, had brandon known she wasent taken against her will, Brandon wouldnt have got captured and Rickard would have never needed to go to kingslanding. His son was not a mad prince either, so for all we know, the mad king could have died any other way and his son would have taken the throne with no war. The fact Rickard went to speak with the mad king in the first place contradict you thinking the Stark would have started a war over Lyanna being wed to someone else she loved. Infact Rickard was willing to resolve this peacefully, when both Lyanna and Brandon where "captured".
    Last edited by minteK917; 2017-08-01 at 03:35 PM.

Deleted
    Err no? KL is further away from Casterly Rock (by sea) than Dragonstone, and Daenerys ships are also built (and probably navigated) by the Ironborne.
    You literally see his ship at the battle of Casterly Rock, they even zoom in on it.

As for the distance/time travelled thing, it's been an issue since Season 4 when Littlefinger was jetpacking around the Seven Kingdoms, i've just grown to ignore it at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you guys noticed that Dany and Jon are the same height???

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Doesent matter how mad he was, had brandon known she wasent taken against her will, Brandon wouldnt have got captured and Rickard would have never needed to go to kingslanding. His son was not a mad prince either, so for all we know, the mad king could have died any other way and his son would have taken the throne with no war. The fact Rickard went to speak with the mad king in the first place contradict you thinking the Stark would have started a war over Lyanna being wed to someone else she loved. Infact Rickard was willing to resolve this peacefully, when both Lyanna and Brandon where "captured".
    Rickard was also pretty fucking ambitious in his own right, He might have tried to get Aerys build another wall north of the main one to get more land for the north and the crown.

He betrothed his kids to the kids of other high lords, instead of marrying one of the northern vassel houses, Brandon actually loved one of the lady's from a vassel house but Rickard wouldn't let it happen.

The day I learned that Brandon was to marry Catelyn Tully, though ... there was nothing sweet about that pain. He never wanted her, I promise you that. He told me so, on our last night together ... but Rickard Stark had great ambitions too. Southron ambitions that would not be served by having his heir marry the daughter of one of his own vassals.
    Knowing his blood would one one day be royalty? No way in hell Rickard would stand in they way of that. Hell be might have even tried to kill Elia's son so Lyanna's could sit on the throne.
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-08-01 at 05:59 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Had Robert actually let people know they eloped even if it still technically wasn't legal I highly doubt Brandon would have so brazenly threatened the crowned prince in open court, honestly marrying rhaegar was better politically for the starks and Lyanna actually loved him I see no reason Brandon would have stood in the way had he known the full extent of what was happening.
    You talking about Wild Wolf and Starks. Starks who put HONOR above everything. Its dumb to assuming what Rickard would broke deal with Baratheons because of those reasons. Also heard about Southron Ambitions theory?

Knowing his blood would one one day be royalty? No way in hell Rickard would stand in they way of that. Hell be might have even tried to kill Elia's son so Lyanna's could sit on the throne.
    ROFL. Yea sure lets make Robert and Co villains just for Rhaergar and his obsessions.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    You literally see his ship at the battle of Casterly Rock, they even zoom in on it.
    Yes and? As far as I know the ship is not bound to the captain. We haven't seen the ship he landed on KL with.

Yes and? As far as I know the ship is not bound to the captain. We haven't seen the ship he landed on KL with.
    Come on, man.

Deleted
    Dragonstone is further, by sea from Casterly Rock than King's Landing.
    No its not

Also King's landing is on the way to Dorne from Dragonstone.
    No its not

http://dannyselvag.com/theknownworld/

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    You talking about Wild Wolf and Starks. Starks who put HONOR above everything. Its dumb to assuming what Rickard would broke deal with Baratheons because of those reasons. Also heard about Southron Ambitions theory?

ROFL. Yea sure lets make Robert and Co villains just for Rhaergar and his obsessions.
    Rhaegar was not his father.

Rickard did not break the deal, Lyanna did when she eloped. Had Robert actually told everyone what was happening the northern lords wouldn't have gotten themselves killed.

The theory you posted has one pretty massive flaw, if they were going to overthrow the Targs Rickard would have marched on KL with the North Riverland Stromland Vale army, either forcing the Targs back to dragonstone or making Aerys abdicate for Rhaegar. He wouldn't have walked right into the court of a king he thought was crazy enough to depose.

Its far more likely Rickard was simply making ambitious politically advantageous marriages for the sake of furthering his bloodline.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    I still don't get this "teleport" crap going around, it's like they need to hold peoples hand and throw them massive warnings to their faces "X months later" every time they don't feel like wasting a bloody season just to get someone across the sea o.O;
    It's less about teleportation, and more about him happening to always be at the correct place, right on time for said naval event. We can get into the specifics of, for example, how fast ravens can fly, how much distance there is between Kings Landing, Casterly Rock, and Dragonstone, and what the odds are perfect arrival, but I doubt the show writers at this point are that in-depth about things.

I mean.. Dragonstone is rather close to Kings Landing, but Casterly rock is on the other side of Westeros. Considering how long the unsullied attack / takeover of CR might have taken, the timing of both naval defeats is pretty, well, interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    Did you guys noticed that Dany and Jon are the same height???
    Well Kit Harington is 5'8 so

Quote Originally Posted by Shynra View Post
    Come on, man.
    He does have valid point actually, also Euron is more of an Admerial now. We know Euron uses magic anyway, he could have conjured up a storm or two to delay the unsullied, or have given himself favorable winds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Well Kit Harington is 5'8 so
    No he isn't, he is 5'6

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    No he isn't, he is 5'6
    I just got it off his wikipedia but maybe you're right? CBF to actually research it lol but yeah he's always been short in the show. They never did camera trickery to hide it and Dany wears heel type shoes a lot

10+ Year Old Account
    It is from wiki but my point was more that they made them look the same height when they met. I wonder if it's on purpose to give us clue that they are related?

Quote Originally Posted by Faifel View Post
    Sorry, but regardless of age I consider Arya a woman at this point. She has done a lot of growing up since travelling to KL.
    Yeah exactly. Both of them went through traumatic events that caused them to "mature" quicker than their respective ages.

Besides, we are talking about a world where females upon reaching their first menstrual cycle, are expected to marry, produce children etc.

Our present day perspective of what is considered as an adult woman cannot be applied here.

Deleted
    So are Sandor and Gregor not related?
    They aren't exactly the same height - that's how families work dang nabbit!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    They're not. Emilia Clarke is only 5'2. Kit Harrington in listed as 5'8, but I think he's more like 5'6. Regardless, you can google pictures of them together, many of them Clarke has heels on, and Kit is still taller than her. She's quite short.
    I know she's short, I stood next to her and I'm 6'1