Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Findlyn View Post
    Thanks for showing how intelligent you are! (hint: he called you a liberal, you said you arent right wing. Liberals are considered left, easy way to remember it, L=L)
    ....but Libertarian=L=Looney

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    I don't entirely disagree, however we haven't yet found a way either for decentralized movements to manage themselves and expel participants, nor to adequately discuss the movements without treating them incorrectly as a homogenous entity.

Whether that is an inherent failing of decentralized movements, or our approach has to change I don't know, but I'm not any more comfortable labelling all of BLM with the worst any more than I was comfortable labelling all of gamergate with the worst. It simply doesn't work to broad-brush people who've no control over who else is wrapping themselves in that flag.
    I agree, to many people from all sides do tend to use to broad a brush.

But I also don't entirely agree with the initial statement. They could do something like made a organization like the masons or any other thing like that. Have locations where people can sign up to be apart of the organization, possibly a paid membership so that things like rent/power/advertisement/paying for various things is covered. People mess up? No longer a member and the only people that get the information ahead of time about events are at membership meetings.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/01/bl...lice-shooting/

“And we’re saying now that no politician will be safe, no event, no press conference, we don’t care what we have to do."

They sound like a modern day hate group and terrorist organization.
    Sigh.

a) Stop believing anything from that trash site Daily Caller. It is RW trash as bad as Infowars or Breitbart.

b) How are protesters interrupting (by yelling, nothing more) anywhere close to being a hate group and terrorist organization? Seriously, that is some serious twisting of reality to come to that conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    Im sorry, is the truth too much for you to handle?

Your ability to understand even basic things and propensity to lie and distort is such that if you were to tell me what my birth date was and actually got it right I would have to demand video evidence of my birth certificate being signed as well as the actual birth with the day's newspaper in the video because you're so often and so frequently wrong.

Stay woke my friend. The whole world including reality is against you but if you just keep believing hard enough Reagan will come back from the grave and trickle down all over you.

edit- I take it back. Lie and distort implies you actually understood what occurred in the first place.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2017-08-01 at 08:39 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

I agree, to many people from all sides do tend to use to broad a brush.

But I also don't entirely agree with the initial statement. They could do something like made a organization like the masons or any other thing like that. Have locations where people can sign up to be apart of the organization, possibly a paid membership so that things like rent/power/advertisement/paying for various things is covered. People mess up? No longer a member and the only people that get the information ahead of time about events are at membership meetings.
    Yeah, but again then they're no longer a decentralized movement.

Decentralized movements have their uses, particularly when combatting an entrenched power, because they're damn near impossible to stamp out. Part of BLM's message is that the oppression they're fighting is systemic, so from their perspective decentralization makes sense.

That also means on the flipside any whackadoodle can self-associate with BLM and who's to say different. So there are downsides too. And yet, someone calling themselves a <insert group> bombs a <whatever>, are all members of <insert group> responsible? We've learned that no, they aren't. That's worth preserving.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    BLM was founded on the proper principle, but has recently digressed into an extremist organization.
    BLM was founded around a the false idea that black people were being hunted down by cops. Its rallying cry was 'hands up don't shoot', which was itself was a retarded slogan and discredited, which when faced with this reality - that everything they believe in is wrong, turned into a supremacist movement with its token mass murders to go along with it.

In short, BLM was never good. Movements that focus solely on one race, are, surprisingly not very good for the people involved, or the people who encounter that movement. Just ask literally every other supremacist (open, or other) movement in the past thousand years.

15+ Year Old Account
    the media loves it when someone is violent and racist against priviledged white people

Yeah, but again then they're no longer a decentralized movement.

Decentralized movements have their uses, particularly when combatting an entrenched power, because they're damn near impossible to stamp out. Part of BLM's message is that the oppression they're fighting is systemic, so from their perspective decentralization makes sense.

That also means on the flipside any whackadoodle can self-associate with BLM and who's to say different. So there are downsides too. And yet, someone calling themselves a <insert group> bombs a <whatever>, are all members of <insert group> responsible? We've learned that no, they aren't. That's worth preserving.
    While I get the point you are trying to make, there is a flaw. You are comparing apples to apple juice or apple sauce, similar but different. In your example, its more of a group that is similar to a larger group, but is generally either not considered apart of that group, or an extreme off shoot. Its like saying when white supremacists bombed a church during the civil rights movement, that must mean all Christians were guilty because the bombers saw themselves as Christians. No, its not true, but all members of that group that is directly associated, I would say were in some way responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    Whats funny is that while is wording is rude, he's not wrong. Just another example of endus silencing people who disagree with him and his merry band of libs who want mmo-champion to be an echo chamber. Get a grip Endus and learn to see other points of view. You're a hypocrite.
    Give the guy a break, he's Canadian. Give one example where they have any power, other than on internet forums...

While I get the point you are trying to make, there is a flaw. You are comparing apples to apple juice or apple sauce, similar but different. In your example, its more of a group that is similar to a larger group, but is generally either not considered apart of that group, or an extreme off shoot. Its like saying when white supremacists bombed a church during the civil rights movement, that must mean all Christians were guilty because the bombers saw themselves as Christians. No, its not true, but all members of that group that is directly associated, I would say were in some way responsible.
    How is that association made? Who approves?

Was timothy Mcveigh a <insert group here> before the bombing and welcomed, or did he wrap himself in <insert group here> afterwards? Did <insert group here> have any way to know about his intent and either stop him or disavow his methods? Because if all they had was an after-the-fact disavowal that's no better than BLM today with the occasional wingnuts.

Again, I'm on the record as not liking BLM specifically because of the things some of them do, but I'm open about that, and me not liking them is not the same as blaming them all for the things some of them do or agreeing they're a hate group or terrorists or whatever. They absolutely have some hateful members, but name a group that doesn't.

Edit: And special note, thank you for the respectful discussion, there's so very little of it. Kudos to you sir.
    Last edited by Heladys; 2017-08-01 at 08:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    That depends on the country you come from.
    In germany, it would be this: https://dejure.org/gesetze/StGB/187.html
    And this: https://dejure.org/gesetze/StGB/130.html
    Chances are that "I think BLM is a terrorist organisation" would realitiscally fall under, and/or be actually prosecuted as, neither. Both of them generally require a bit more than that - especially when not talking about a specific person, for example, but rather a movement. Of course I might be wrong, but I have yet to see a precedent.

That said, in most countries it definitely would not suffice to constitute a crime.

How is that association made? Who approves?

Was timothy Mcveigh a <insert group here> before the bombing and welcomed, or did he wrap himself in <insert group here> afterwards? Did <insert group here> have any way to know about his intent and either stop him or disavow his methods? Because if all they had was an after-the-fact disavowal that's no better than BLM today with the occasional wingnuts.

Again, I'm on the record as not liking BLM specifically because of the things some of them do, but I'm open about that, and me not liking them is not the same as blaming them all for the things some of them do or agreeing they're a hate group or terrorists or whatever. They absolutely have some hateful members, but name a group that doesn't.
    Timmy is what the FBI likes to say is a nightmare, because he was a lone wolf. Same thing with Ted Kaczynski. both were just nut jobs.

I wouldn't have an issue with BLM, if they were founded on "Hands up don't shoot" and stuck to it. However every time it seems they protest, it is for some dude who was doing violent and/or illegal stuff.

Timmy is what the FBI likes to say is a nightmare, because he was a lone wolf. Same thing with Ted Kaczynski. both were just nut jobs.

I wouldn't have an issue with BLM, if they were founded on "Hands up don't shoot" and stuck to it. However every time it seems they protest, it is for some dude who was doing violent and/or illegal stuff.
    Yep, i'm not a fan myself, largely for some of the stupid shit they've done. They took a good initial message and advocated it in some of the worst ways possible, and then doubled down on the "me first" stupidity that's so prevalent in social justice circles.

And yet, John Q BLMguy almost certainly isn't one of the ones doing the stupid shit. He's sitting on his couch at home cheering on change, but not part-taking in the worst of it, and at the same time powerless to do anything about those who are doing the stupid shit. I find it hard to lambaste them all given that.

BLM was founded on the proper principle, but has recently digressed into an extremist organization.
    Except it wasn't even founded on the proper principle considering most of the variables involved.

I mean hell it started pretty much after Michael Brown was shot when the DoJ investigation found the same thing as the court case did.

Add in the fact that more white people are killed annually by police. The per capita is higher, but then when you factor in that black people actually commit more crimes in the US, they actually have more run ins with police. So lower population, more crimes, yet lower deaths it evens out to say there is no race issue and it never was.

Deleted
    It was founded by a bunch of rich and middle-class black kids who want free stuff because they never suffered any injustice themself.

Deleted
    Ah, yes. The old trick of inconveniencing and harassing people until they agree with you. Yep, can't go wrong with that!

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    That's a slight exaggeration

BLM should've protested in a less obnoxious way but ultimately their just a minor nuisance
    WTF are you on? Baltimore was a minor nuisance? You know where literally the entire city was on curfew for a couple/few weeks over a guy who pretty much killed himself in their van by bucking around in it like the piece of turd he was. Or how about Ferguson where another literal piece of garbage tried to bum rush a cop and steal his weapon after robbing a store? How about the college campuses they've literally disrupted and caused chaos within as well? Sure you can say the pride parade disruptions have been a nuisance, but everything else, not in the least. Add in the "Do you think black lives matter? No? *proceed to beat the shit out of people*" are totally just a nuisance and not a hate group. Or how BLM Canada's co-leader sits and spouts hate speech on the internet and in person when Canada has hate speech laws, but the second someone says something they deem against a minority or women the law is out for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Except it wasn't even founded on the proper principle considering most of the variables involved.

I mean hell it started pretty much after Michael Brown was shot when the DoJ investigation found the same thing as the court case did.

Add in the fact that more white people are killed annually by police. The per capita is higher, but then when you factor in that black people actually commit more crimes in the US, they actually have more run ins with police. So lower population, more crimes, yet lower deaths it evens out to say there is no race issue and it never was.
    You mean are arrested and convicted, and are approached by police more often than non-blacks for the same things.
    Racial discrimination is a real problem at all levels of our government and society.

I don't agree with BLM's ways of doing things or the morons who run around under that flag while doing stupid shit, but the base message is on point.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    You must be knew to the peaceful protest. Ever hear of the Montgomery Bus Boycott?
    The Montgomery Bus Boycott worked not because blacks stood in front of buses and refused to allow them to run their routes. It worked because blacks refused to ride the buses.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Peaceful protest does not make a group either a "hate group" or a "terrorist organization".
    I don't agree with "terrorist" or "hate group" but they are rarely peaceful. In this case they were certainly aggressive, making a might-makes-right move to interrupt an event.

In fact let's see how peaceful their words and intentions really are:

"And we’re saying now that no politician will be safe, no event, no press conference, we don’t care what we have to do. We’re saying as far as that’s concerned, we want justice for David Jones immediately,” said Asa Khalif, an activist with the Black Lives Matter movement.
    OT: and once again, this is what they protest:

North Philadelphia police officers shot Jones, a black man, in the back after a June traffic stop. The officer, James Pownall, stopped Jones because he was driving recklessly. Pownall gave James a pat-down, during which he felt a gun in the man’s waistband, according to the police account. James escaped as the two fought each other, prompting Pownall to pull out a gun and shoot James in the back as he ran away.
    and these are the words of the "ultimate politician who is anti-black" who "has nothing but blood on his hands":

“They have the right to say what they want to say. I wouldn’t have disrupted a ceremony that was basically for children, but that’s their call. But look, if they want to disrupt ceremonies as long as they’re in public places, they have the right to do that,” Rendell said.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    You mean are arrested and convicted, and are approached by police more often than non-blacks for the same things.
    Racial discrimination is a real problem at all levels of our government and society.

I don't agree with BLM's ways of doing things or the morons who run around under that flag while doing stupid shit, but the base message is on point.
    Even the base message is off. Black people are barely at risk of being shot by cops. They're about evenly or less at risk than white people. They do seem to face more aggressive non-lethal action, but this is rarely what they protest.