Deleted

Purchase the game-get 3 free months?

The higher we're going in levels, the harder it becomes for a new player to get to max level within the first free month that a new player gets.
    Modern WoW is all about that max level experience, and to me it seems weird to have such little time to experience the game.

Let's say a current new player buys the game and after one month he decides it isn't for him. He won't sub, and Blizz won't gain any more money from him.
    A new player with 3 months that doesn't like the game won't buy more time so that's 0 money again.

If a current player likes the game, well, ofc the current system works better, but it's hard to like a game if you haven't had time to experience the best the game has to offer.

That's why you get a free boost when you buy the game.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    But unfortunately honey, WoW life isn't everything about Max level. You can enjoy those so called Max level in a not so stressful way once the mext patch cycle is released amd a catch up methodology is implemented. WoW was never Enjoy the game at level MAX_LEVEL only but it's more of Enjoy it while you play.

Prepare for a lot of people to pretend it is acceptable and preferable for new players to have to use an instant level boost to get into a game they never tried.

I think the real problem here is not having the time to experience end game, but rather how incredibly separated the leveling experience is. If simply dungeons were made to be respectably challenging at least to the points where roles are actually necessary, it would already be a very good step in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Prepare for a lot of people to pretend it is acceptable and preferable for new players to have to use an instant level boost to get into a game they never tried.
    Your straw man summary is pretty incomplete. I think the idea is to do class trials and then pick a character to boost after you have tried what you want to try. And the problem is nothing new. Since vanilla people have been doing re-rolls after hitting cap because the leveling experience is never very representative of the end game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keesasha View Post
    The higher we're going in levels, the harder it becomes for a new player to get to max level within the first free month that a new player gets.
    Modern WoW is all about that max level experience, and to me it seems weird to have such little time to experience the game.

Let's say a current new player buys the game and after one month he decides it isn't for him. He won't sub, and Blizz won't gain any more money from him.
    A new player with 3 months that doesn't like the game won't buy more time so that's 0 money again.

If a current player likes the game, well, ofc the current system works better, but it's hard to like a game if you haven't had time to experience the best the game has to offer.
    why not 15 days free, or 30 days, or 45... Why 90, be specific.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Your straw man summary is pretty incomplete. I think the idea is to do class trials and then pick a character to boost after you have tried what you want to try. And the problem is nothing new. Since vanilla people have been doing re-rolls after hitting cap because the leveling experience is never very representative of the end game.
    Even as an experienced wow player, I very quickly stopped using my boosted paladin because I simply felt overwhelmed and inadequate, even running normal dungeons as anything other than retri. I can't imagine too many newcomers would feel encouraged to keep playing a boosted character despite some short tutorials. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the experience discouraged them from playing wow even though they would have kept playing had they not boosted their characters.
    I completely agree that there are serious issues with non-endgame content, and skipping it shouldn't be the answer.

I do hope you're joking.

1) You get a free character boost. Not only that, you can try out every 100 character before you decide which one to play and use the boost on.

2) It used to take roughly 7 - 10 real played days to level a character from 1 - 60. Today, you can hammer out a 110 in under 5 days of real played days. I'm being generous with that 5 days too as a brand new player isn't going to know the exact optimum way to 110. For a veteran player, 2 - 3 real played days is easily doable.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I completely agree that there are serious issues with non-endgame content, and skipping it shouldn't be the answer.
    I agree with that too. Blizzard has had this mentality since Cata where end game = only thing that matters. Cata they revamped the entire world to make the quest lines easy and linear. Since then, it's only gotten more on the rails. Legion, although they did the "quest wherever you like" which was a good change, quickly took it to the extreme where they literally have a vendor that, after doing one quest, lets you bypass the entire expansion to that point in terms of gear. Likewise, they have the AK 40 that you can buy for a cheap price off of your main character that allows for extremely easy catch up by alts.

Sadly, the only way to make non-endgame content relevant is to get rid of all those catch up mechanics. If you have to actually play the game, then you'll always have things to do. It worked in the Vanilla - WotLK era, there's no reason it couldn't work today unless Blizzard is straight up saying the current player base doesn't have the attention span / dedication to actually, I don't know, play their game.
    Last edited by Thetruth1400; 2017-08-01 at 09:16 PM.

i am still mad expansions dont give game time
    Bitch Pls

it literally takes less than a week to level from one to one ten. that gives you three weeks of said month to enjoy the game at the level it is meant to be played.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account

Nah, not really a good idea. Do miss when they gave 1 month. Makes more sense. You can at current, be max level in a few days - without boost. Giving 3 months game time doesn't have to mean an earning either. None of it would. Heck, even 1 month doesn't gain them money, only from the game itself, unless the player agrees to buy more time after.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    The higher we're going in levels, the harder it becomes for a new player to get to max level within the first free month that a new player gets. Modern WoW is all about that max level experience, and to me it seems weird to have such little time to experience the game.
    That's why there's a boost and that's why expansions are now more-or-less designed as standalone. No one, new player or otherwise, needs to level from one to enjoy endgame.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

no, leveling to max now is still quicker than leveling to max in vanilla.