Thread: Frost buff

Frost buff

From homepage: --Frozen Orb should be affected by Shatter

It seems like it may have been a bug(it not being affected by shatter). Is this a significant buff to frost?

edited: along with this one, also from homepage: --Ebonbolt damage can proc procs (rarely matters much since most procs are RPPM)

10+ Year Old Account
    If I understand their notes and context correctly, yes it will probably be a very minor buff.

In practice, the Ebonbolt change MIGHT be noticable, but none of them will be a detectable dps boost.

It will be impossible to tell how this plays out on logs, but it definitely seems to be a buff. Maybe 1%? It will be interesting to know if sims had taken this bug into account, or if they were giving inaccurate numbers assuming fo would crit since 7.2.5

I thought this was only on the PTR? Did they push it to live servers?

Quote Originally Posted by ThrowAwayForAReason View Post
    I thought this was only on the PTR? Did they push it to live servers?
    Honestly, I still can't tell. May be a nothingburger if these are PTR notes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those are 7.3 PTR notes.

You won't see a difference in DPS, the total increase from FO would be far less than 1% and indistinguishable from statistical noise on sims.
    No trinkets this tier are affected by the change since Terror and Thurible both have a delay on their damage, preventing them from shattering in a EB>BF>IL combo. Terror's delay might be short enough...

Im curious looking at the 7.3 patch notes if they are going to chance what the lego shoulders will do since it seems like they want to make the FO explosion standard with the spell now.

Quote Originally Posted by nerfproof View Post
    Im curious looking at the 7.3 patch notes if they are going to chance what the lego shoulders will do since it seems like they want to make the FO explosion standard with the spell now.
    It is still its own spell that spell is just now also included in the hidden aura so that if it is used for balancing purposes the shoulders will also be affected by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulandia View Post
    It is still its own spell that spell is just now also included in the hidden aura so that if it is used for balancing purposes the shoulders will also be affected by it.
    Similarly, I expect the fire gloves to move up in priority next patch due to t21.

I wonder how the legos are gonna look next patch for mages. I would thing that it is time to pick your spec and max legos because it is no telling where each one will land. In for the boots somehow being bis for arcane, lol.

GS is getting a spellpower bonus (1170%->1755%) so that should make it onpar with TV again.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=268721/a...s-in-patch-7-3

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    GS is getting a spellpower bonus (1170%->1755%) so that should make it onpar with TV again.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=268721/a...s-in-patch-7-3
    That buff has already been live for a while now. It's just ptr catching up with the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by nickseng View Post
    That buff has already been live for a while now. It's just ptr catching up with the changes.
    No the GS buff is part of the 7.3 changes. Its on the PTR right now but it is not live yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    also keep in mind the new tier set bonus buffs frostbolt damage, meaning GS build is getting a massive increase in 7.3.
    I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones. ~Albert Einstein

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    No the GS buff is part of the 7.3 changes. Its on the PTR right now but it is not live yet.
    It's just catching the tooltip up. It's on live, it was part of the double dip hotfix.

Yes, as kuni said, GS has hadd 1755 spell coeff for a while now.