Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Next expansion will be kultiras with old gods.

Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post
    Wrapped that up already? No we didn't:
    I suspect you don't understand the context of his comment.

We just killed Murozond, who was Nozdormu in the future who had gone back in time (forwards in time as we did?). Nozdormu was saying that he would become Morozond and we would kill him again, there. Again, and again. An endless cycle, for him.

That's not to say it couldn't be broken and adjusted, but we killed Murozond and originally, that was where Blizzard intended it to end. Who knows if that will remain that way.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    I suspect you don't understand the context of his comment.

We just killed Murozond, who was Nozdormu in the future who had gone back in time (forwards in time as we did?). Nozdormu was saying that he would become Morozond and we would kill him again, there. Again, and again. An endless cycle, for him.

That's not to say it couldn't be broken and adjusted, but we killed Murozond and originally, that was where Blizzard intended it to end. Who knows if that will remain that way.
    We're still missing a big part of the story. Stories don't necessarily end with the main character dying. Some even start that way.

Zul might not end up being a bad guy. There have been some odd things implying he might be a sympathetic character. we'll just have to wait and see.
    King Rastakhan on the other hand....

Quote Originally Posted by Naibil View Post
    King Rastakhan on the other hand....
    Great point. Either Zul or Rastakhan will be a villain because they are at odds with eachother. I'm betting on the latter as Zul at least is a sympathetic character in his goals, as well as the fact that he must be falling out of grace in his cause by now with his constant failures.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    We're still missing a big part of the story. Stories don't necessarily end with the main character dying. Some even start that way.
    Given the story of the Infinite Dragonflight thus far and the time travelly oddness of it, this is a real possibility. And they could absolutely change things up; Nozdormu's knowledge and the erasure of the possibility of the 'end times' could absolutely change the outcome. Though we're drifting into things that don't make much sense; honestly I hope that we would save Nozdormu rather than kill him off. I'd love to see more Cavern of Time content, and I'd like to see more about the Infinite Dragonflight and how they started. They were really hinting at its creation hard in WoD.

Nozdormu cannot be saved. That much is clear. One of his... "special abilities" is him being unique across all timelines.

I'd say Rastakhan is the more sympathetic one, though. Zul's goal is pretty much just self-preservation through any means available.

Azshara as the dungeon boss.

Dunno where Murozond came from -- we wrapped that up already, albeit in a disappointing and boring way -- but Azshara is absolutely being hinted at.

I don't know if we'll kill off N'zoth so early, but maybe. He's the last old god so it would be odd to kill him off so quickly, but ... maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

Zul might not end up being a bad guy. There have been some odd things implying he might be a sympathetic character. we'll just have to wait and see.
    bullshit.
    Zul wants to recreate the troll empire and kill everyone in his way with the power of Hakkar(loa), the soulflayer. how the hell is that sympathetic?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Some neat ideas here. I always thought that timetravel will involve the past, but going to the future, even getting a mix of zones from different times... really cool, but hardly achievable by Blizzard IMO, especially after the mess that WoD was lorewise, I cannot even imagine how difficult will be for them to make a decent story of something like that.

Still, we can hope that something like that happens...
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

That's an interesting thought. It would be very cool to see that since we killed him in End Time, but saw nothing of what he was doing before. If included in a South Seas expansion it would wrap up the Old Gods story, Azshara/Naga story, Zul & Rastakhan/Zandalar story, Jaina/Kul Tiras story, Infinite story, plus we'd get some Goblin/Kezan and Bloodsail lore tagged on.

The more I think about it, the better it sounds. It would have a fair amount of variety so people wouldn't get bored of fighting the same enemies over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    bullshit.
    Zul wants to recreate the troll empire and kill everyone in his way with the power of Hakkar(loa), the soulflayer. how the hell is that sympathetic?
    That... is not even remotely how it went down.

He wanted to build up the troll empires in response to their catastrophe. Keep in mind Zul is a prophet. I'm not saying Zul is an amazing hero, I am saying that he isn't entirely evil... a rarity for WoW villains since they tend to go towards the extremes so we don't have to feel bad about killing them.

Zul has done plenty of terrible things and in all reality it's just as likely he'll be a major villain. But some things I've seen make me wonder, and we've seen the friendly side of the Zandalar already as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Hey guys ¡ I'm reading a lot of speculation about next X-Pac, obviously the general thought is that Azshara and N'zoth are next, and I agree with this idea (hopefully with another world revamp), but there is another line of thought claiming that Nozdormu might finally became Murozond, and thus taking us to a timetravel X-Pac, which I think that is never going to happen.

What I see happening is Murozond being a side threat like the Emerald Dream was in Legion, which we'll be solving in a raid. Let's see some facts here:

- How big a timetravel X-Pac will have to be? If they do it, it will focused in past Azeroth, meaning that they will have to do a huge continent (Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor, or both together as they were before The Sundering). I just don't see them putting a few zones together and huge mountains or invisible walls to avoid us visiting the rest of the continent.

- Which threats will be facing? Infinite Dragonflight, Trolls and some Old Gods? Not enough for a full X-Pac with 3 big patches. I mean, probably they will manage to come up with more stuff, but those will have to be the focus, and they aren't enough IMO.

Infinite Dragonflight is Murozond, and maybe Chromie, Kairoz (already dead but who knows)? Not more than one raid.

We have decimated trolls in past expansions, don't even know one name of an important troll in those times, so I don't see them filling more than a raid.

Old Gods were still imprisoned in the past, so if we were to fight them again, the X-Pac will have to feature Ulduar, Ahn'qiraj, Pandaria... again. Highly unlikely.

- Nozdormu/Murozond, and the Aspects in general, have always been 'related' to the Old Gods, meaning that the Old Gods were always trying to corrupt/eliminate them (and they have been doing a pretty good job at it). Recently Ion said that Dragons will be important again in the future, guess when Dragons were very important, in Cataclysm, a heavily Old God themed expansion. Its only natural that they appear again when we face N'zoth.

- Let's see our history and the state of the Dragonflights:

Blue: Malygos dead and Kalecgos is a member of The Council of Dalaran. Important role in WOTLK and a questline in Legion. Few of them left.

Red: Alextrasza missing in Legion (maybe fighting the Legion in Northrend?). Presumably she's alive and well. Important roles in WOTLK and Cataclysm and a little cameo in DK class quests in Legion showing that they're not in their best.

Green: Ysera dead. Important role in Legion. Don't know their numbers but after Ysera's death and the healing of the Emerald Dream I supposed that they will head there. Probably we won't hear much of them in a long time.

Black: Deathwing dead. Important role in Cataclysm. Wrathion and Ebonheart will have a role in the future, when it suits Blizzard.

Bronze: Nozdormu alive but missing (as always). Dungeons in BC, WOTLK and important role in Cataclysm. Infinite Dragonflight were important in the liberation of Garrosh from his trial, thus provoking WoD, but in said expansion they didn't appear at all.

After this analysis, is clear to me that of all the Dragonflights, the Bronze is probably the one in better shape, as they never get involved in anything unless is strictly necessary.

So, honestly, what else has Nozdormu to do? He did his part, he helped stop Deathwing, losing, like all the other Aspects, a huge part of his power in the process. He knows that he will become Murozond, and that we will have to kill him.

When is going to be a better moment for that, that when N'zoth raises to conquer Azeroth? He has Azshara as an allie, sure, but having the Bronze Dragonflight will help ensuring his victory. N'zoth can corrupt Nozdormu, as he corrupted Neltharion.

N'zoth, Azshara and Murozond are the threats left in Azeroth. While I think that it will be possible to make individual expansions from Azshara and the Naga and the Old Gods an their minions, I don't think that the Infinite Dragonflight could lead one on their own.

What do you think? Do you think that Murozond could have his own X-Pac? How that would be?
    Would be a cool idea.