Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Is the world flat?

Guys so idk if this is intentional but you can't see the curvature of Azeroth when you fly super high.

This led me to conduct an investigation, and the results have told me that the world(s) are flat.
    change can't wait.

15+ Year Old Account
    The game doesn't render the entire world at once. The individual zones/continents are built on a flat plane, but lorewise, Azeroth is curved.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

The in-game world is "flat."
    Azeroth, the planet, is round.

http://imgur.com/qdPQHyQ
    http://www.silent-strike.org/wp-cont...roth_Globe.jpg

Deleted
    Yes.

It's a game, ofc it is. The game doesnt render the whole world at once, it just renders seperate maps.

Actually... i can tell you that Outland, Azuremyst isles and Qual'danas are all in the same map, separate from Kalimdor and the eastern kingdoms.

You could travel to quel'thalas from outland if Fatigue didn't kill you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Algalon's chambers have globes depicting many worlds including Azeroth. There is absolutely no reason for them to be globes if the world was flat.
    Speciation Is Gradual

So if lorewise Azeroth is round and we're playing on a flat world in game the only logic conclusion is that we are not actually on Azeroth in game.

The world seems pretty flat IRL if you stand on the ground looking at the horizon.

Doesn't mean the planet is flat now, does it? That being said, I doubt that the zones we can access, although without each zone being instanced, are rendered to mimic the curve of a planet. If it were, that'd be impressive...

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    The game doesn't render the entire world at once.
    why not ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    So if lorewise Azeroth is round and we're playing on a flat world in game the only logic conclusion is that we are not actually on Azeroth in game.
    exactly! if lore wise azeroth is round and the game we're playing in is flat then there is no logical way for us to be on azeroth.

we must be on some other foreign type of planet... but azeroth seems out of bounds.
    change can't wait.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsake View Post
    why not ?

- - - Updated - - -

exactly! if lore wise azeroth is round and the game we're playing in is flat then there is no logical way for us to be on azeroth.

we must be on some other foreign type of planet... but azeroth seems out of bounds.
    I just facepalmed so hard, that I think I broke my hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    why not ?

- - - Updated - - -

I know you're taking the piss, but obviously gameplay and lore will have some differences

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    Yeah that's why the Earth is flat because when you are sailing on the ocean you can see the horizon, if the Earth would be a globe you couldn't see it.

why not ?
    Technical limitations, every continent is in its own plane of existence, if you will. It simply lessens the load on computers and servers alike. Plus, if the whole thing was entirely open world, it would be even weirder than it already is when continents popped out of nowhere in the water.

And also, the distance between the continents would either be disappointingly short, or travelling between them would be mind boringly long to the point no one would do it anyway, leaving little reason to make the world open world.
    Last edited by zlygork; 2017-08-01 at 10:16 PM.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Azeroth isn't, but Outland...

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not another Flat-Azerothian!

Seriously, it's as spherical as Earth is.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

15+ Year Old Account
    But you can see the ball Azeroth from Argus, i mean the planet is right there in the sky so that kinda puts that flat plane to bed, however if you posted this to get the feelers out for public opinion on the actual Earth, the net can be a cruel place.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan1mcq View Post
    But you can see the ball Azeroth from Argus, i mean the planet is right there in the sky so that kinda puts that flat plane to bed, however if you posted this to get the feelers out for public opinion on the actual Earth, the net can be a cruel place.
    That's not really what Azeroth looks like, the image is simply being distorted by the magical rift.

Deleted
    I thought the world was on the back of a titan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Algalon's chambers have globes depicting many worlds including Azeroth. There is absolutely no reason for them to be globes if the world was flat.
    He's part of the United Azeroth conspiracy that wants to hide all the best legendaries at the south pole.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    why not ?

- - - Updated - - -

Because of technology limitations.