Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Beautiful new Restoration visuals

Healing Wave
    The water surge is sent to the target before the cast finishes, which is very cool. If you stop it pre-emptively, water dissipates mid-air.

Healing Surge
    Almost the same as Healing Wave, but faster, and the animation is racial, instead of the new 'rising hands' one.

Chain Heal
    Very watery now. So good.

Healing Rain
    It became more rainy, more sparkly,and the puddle itself is more oily, compared to live.

Thanks for the gifs instead of videos. They are gorgeous and honestly has me thinking of dusting off the shaman.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    The animation where the shaman raises his hands seems a bit out of place/sync...

But then again; i don't know how exactly shaman healing works so keeping it in sync would probably require other work to be done.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    The new animations are beautiful, but that Chain Heal doesn't appear to chain anymore. Mr. Draenei is clearly multi-shotting water at everyone in that GIF.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    The animation where the shaman raises his hands seems a bit out of place/sync...
    That could just be PTR syncing, so will most likely get fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    The new animations are beautiful, but that Chain Heal doesn't appear to chain anymore. Mr. Draenei is clearly multi-shotting water at everyone in that GIF.
    Chain Heal hits multiple targets and always draws a line from one to the next. What you see is the shaman hitting target A, chaining to B, back to the shaman itself and ending with the person on the ground.. Look very very closely at the direction of the water. There is a line betwen the two standing up but not after the one lying down. It's a Chain of healing, not multi-targeting at work.

7+ Year Old Account
    As long as we get to keep our old chain heal animation i'm good : p

New chain heal looks like trash. Healing Rain is harder to see, so good luck having melee stand in it under all the other ground / spell effects. Hopefully there will be glyphs or toys to turn the new visuals off.

I like the spell effect on healing wave/ healing surge though, but the casting animation is horrible...

Quote Originally Posted by Irisia View Post
    New chain heal looks like trash. Healing Rain is harder to see, so good luck having melee stand in it under all the other ground / spell effects. Hopefully there will be glyphs or toys to turn the new visuals off.

I like the spell effect on healing wave/ healing surge though, but the casting animation is horrible...
    yeah the healing rain is actually pretty hard to see, hope they make the colours brighter or something to make it standout more

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    you can see it chain off the back dranei to the female to the caster then to the dranei lying down

Rather curious about the fact that Healing wave / surge has now a missile.

There's a reason why almost no healing spells have a missile.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Rather curious about the fact that Healing wave / surge has now a missile.

There's a reason why almost no healing spells have a missile.
    It's purely visual, the 'missile' launches before the cast even finishes - the actual heal happens at the exact same time the cast bar is full.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    It's purely visual, the 'missile' launches before the cast even finishes - the actual heal happens at the exact same time the cast bar is full.
    If other player see the missile, I'd expect this would make the shaman a lot more easy to locate in PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by warlockiii View Post
    If other player see the missile, I'd expect this would make the shaman a lot more easy to locate in PVP.
    If you have issues locating other players in PvP you need to get a better UI.
    For players at the skil level where it actually matters, this will hardly be a big deal.

On topic: That look amazing, for sure.

I wish they didn't change the previous chain heal animation on PTR, the one with the golden glow. It was terrific, and the new one is very lackluster - looks like an offensive attack. But oh no, can't have yellow lighting as a shaman due to muh class fantasy intruding on priest/paladin. Nevermind that chain heal in WC3 was a golden ray.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    If you have issues locating other players in PvP you need to get a better UI.
    For players at the skil level where it actually matters, this will hardly be a big deal.

On topic: That look amazing, for sure.
    As a healer, you should be well aware that even small amounts of time can sometimes make all the difference, which is why most good healers use clique or mouse over macros. Seeing a splash of water's incoming trajectory and immediately being able to turn and follow it to the source vs seeing a splash and having to pan around will make the difference in some scenarios. I like the new animations as well, but that's just a fact.

As a healer, you should be well aware that even small amounts of time can sometimes make all the difference, which is why most good healers use clique or mouse over macros. Seeing a splash of water's incoming trajectory and immediately being able to turn and follow it to the source vs seeing a splash and having to pan around will make the difference in some scenarios. I like the new animations as well, but that's just a fact.
    Ok, I don't know what kind of PvP you do but if you're surprised by a healer standing behind you, casting spells then... I'm not sure why you even bother.
    Are you saying that you lose sigh of players in 3v3s and you need to look for spell effects to find them? Are some shamans invisable to you or? I don't get it but I have a hard time seeing that you would be competent enough that this would matter at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Ok, I don't know what kind of PvP you do but if you're surprised by a healer standing behind you, casting spells then... I'm not sure why you even bother.
    Are you saying that you lose sigh of players in 3v3s and you need to look for spell effects to find them? Are some shamans invisable to you or? I don't get it but I have a hard time seeing that you would be competent enough that this would matter at all.
    Let me break it to you, arena is not the only form of PVP. Of course, keeping track of 3 players in arenas is not a problem. Other PVP activities have a lot more going on and people to track. 3 vs 10 or 15 or sometimes even more.
    Last edited by warlockiii; 2017-08-01 at 08:29 PM.

Let me break it to you, arena is not the only form of PVP. Of course, keeping track of 3 players in arenas is not a problem. Other PVP activities have a lot more going on and people to track. 3 vs 10 or 15 or sometimes even more.
    Thats... Cute.

I love previous Chain Heal (the one with golden glow chaining effect) spell effect better. This one is kinda looks like you spray a water jet with a firefighter hose... I thought they said, they'll just tune the color to be blue to make it more watery. But instead they changed it completely with this. Kinda disappointed.

The Healing Wave and Surge looks great, until I see that water missile...
    Last edited by Rezhka; 2017-08-02 at 05:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I like the current blue CH better.