Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    BLM was founded on the proper principle, but has recently digressed into an extremist organization.
    BLM was hijacked by international leftists, pure and simple.

There is no reason, for example, for there to be a Canadian or UK version of this group why it was initially founded.

It grabbed headlines, became a well known brand and was completely taken over by the international left with the American founders becoming figureheads or afterthoughts.

BLM is no longer about standing up for police rethinking their approach to the use of deadly force and is now whatever the paymasters say it is.

Also, the stat of more blacks having more interactions on average with cops is horribly taken out of context. Of course they are, and I am not saying in some racist way. What I mean is, generally in the US densely populated areas like cities, are where you are more likely to find Black Americans. Of course in areas of high population density, any group that makes up a larger portion of that area is going to show up as having more interactions with police. It is like saying blacks are more likely to take public transportation(http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...it-in-the-u-s/). Nothing to do with race, just happens to be where a majority of that demographic lives in, and makes more sense to use public transportation in those areas.

Tis funny how the politician spins it. Franklin Park has existed since the late 1680s. Event for children? Eh? This park is for everyone and sees a large amount of tourists.
    Seems like its an event for everyone not just children.

Either way. I guess it good Santa Claus wasn't there or the Citizens of Philly would have thrown snowballs at him again......

We need to start an ANTI-BLM fund, we will pay for the defense of cops involved in these shootings, and fundraise every time traffic is blocked or an otherwise benign event is interrupted.

Fortunately, there are plenty of black people with real problems that have better things to do than the ones we keep seeing like this, and unfortunately, aren't really represented well by the BLM protesters every time a gangbanger gets gunned down.

The part I delight in here, though, is that the very people extremely inconvenienced are, demographically speaking, the same leftists that otherwise sympathized with them. The only people who will lend them an ear are being terrorized

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    You must be knew to the peaceful protest. Ever hear of the Montgomery Bus Boycott?
    Except Montgomery was black people collectively refusing to use a service where they were treated as second class citizens, whereas BLM is a movement that has a long history of harassing and inconveniencing completely random people with zero connection to their issues. Slight difference, I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by Findlyn View Post
    Thanks for showing how intelligent you are! (hint: he called you a liberal, you said you arent right wing. Liberals are considered left, easy way to remember it, L=L)
    That depends on which country you are from, though. I certainly do realize that this thread is about the US, and hence the context, but that doesn't alter the fact that many a liberal is in fact right wing. In Sweden for example, the Liberal Party and liberals in general are positioned to the right on the political spectrum (although center-right). It doesn't really work saying that he would still be left wing if extrapolated into the american model of left and right either, since that model is extremely distorted towards the right compared to most other applicable countries. Our entire right wing, for example, barring some crazies without representation in parliament, would suddenly become left wing instead in such a comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Sama-81 View Post
    That depends on which country you are from, though. I certainly do realize that this thread is about the US, and hence the context, but that doesn't alter the fact that many a liberal is in fact right wing. In Sweden for example, the Liberal Party and liberals in general are positioned to the right on the political spectrum (although center-right). It doesn't really work saying that he would still be left wing if extrapolated into the american model of left and right either, since that model is extremely distorted towards the right compared to most other applicable countries. Our entire right wing, for example, barring some crazies without representation in parliament, would suddenly become left wing instead in such a comparison.
    Thank you, I feel slightly bad now. But I will slightly try to defend myself that up to now, every country I knew of that used right wing vs left wing was generally conservative vs liberal. But I will refrain from generalizing that now

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    It was founded by a bunch of rich and middle-class black kids who want free stuff because they never suffered any injustice themself.
    but something something slavery.....something something hundreds of years ago
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    this is like that animal rights people who crashed that kids birthday party, what is it with protesters interfering with children? :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    It was founded by a bunch of rich and middle-class black kids who want free stuff because they never suffered any injustice themself.
    It is very odd to see so many people that WANT to be a victim.

oh look another thread about the black KKK
    God and maths? Hmm, the letter to alpha relation would be 7 - 15 - 4. Since it's all one word, it's safe to assume it's multiplication so it'd be 7*15*4=420. So realistically, god is related to cannabis? Perhaps that's what they were expecting you to write.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Is it? People love being pandered to and being a "victim" is an easy way to do that
    plus you get to blame others for lack of success.
    People don't like the realization that they might just be a pathetic loser

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    this is like that animal rights people who crashed that kids birthday party
    PETA? sounds like something they would do
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/01/bl...lice-shooting/

“And we’re saying now that no politician will be safe, no event, no press conference, we don’t care what we have to do."

They sound like a modern day hate group and terrorist organization.
    Agreed. In the immortal words of Robert Duvall's character Col. Kilgore from Apocalypse Now: "Fuckin' savages."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    BLM has set back race relations and civil liberties for PoC by 50 years.

So much so to the point that you have to wonder if they're a subversive premptive counter protest controlled opposition movement. Every action they take radicalizes the left and destroys liberalism from the inside out. Put your thinking cap on and ask yourself "are they really even helping?"

If I wanted to push moderates to the left I'd empower, fund, put a spot light on groups like the KKK, Neonazis, and Fundamentalist Christian groups.

If I wanted to push moderates to the right I'd join BLM.
    Nonesense.

This lie is repeated over and over, if this group is being blamed by some for making them more racist, I gotta surprise for you, they were already fucking racist to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    BLM is a joke. I just hope that one day they open their eyes and realize that how they present themselves and the actions they decide to take affect their message. Or do they even care about the message anymore?
    I don't think police killing black people is a joke. It might seem like a joke to those that don't give a shit about it in the first place. So why would that criticism be important.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Nonesense.

This lie is repeated over and over, if this group is being blamed by some for making them more racist, I gotta surprise for you, they were already fucking racist to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think police killing black people is a joke. It might seem like a joke to those that don't give a shit about it in the first place. So why would that criticism be important.
    Only black people though. brown, yellow, red, white, green? Fuckin hang 'em in the streets, right? That's an inherently racist organization you're trying to defend.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    BLM was founded on the proper principle, but has recently digressed into an extremist organization.
    That was on day 1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    And you, in turn, realize that this very article uses another article as its source? It is based off an article from 6ABC.

My statement is pretty general anyway. There are enough occurrences of BLM members acting like crazy people to support it. My opinion, obviously.
    But is that less crazy than Cops executing black people reaching for their wallet after being asked. or being gunned down for simply walking through the neighborhood of a gated community, or "Strong Arm" robbing a convenience store?

How about branding fire arms at federal agents or assaulting government property to protest unlawful practices on public land, wait no that would be another outrageous group?

Guess the outrage is selective then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    Only black people though. brown, yellow, red, white, green? Fuckin hang 'em in the streets, right? That's an inherently racist organization you're trying to defend.
    It isn't inherently racist, and I am not a member nor do I endorse BLM, but the literal unparalleled racist horseshit being leveled at them is completely similar to the 1960's civil rights era, and the same complaints were made about Dr Martin Luther King.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Karfal View Post
    http://www.breitbart.com/california/...ring-maga-hat/

Hey look an mmo-c liberal piece of scum mod spreading fake news and liberal propaganda bullshit. "Peaceful" my ass.

Infracted
    Can't believe people still take Breitbart seriously...

Nonesense.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, everyone is a little bit racist. While it is satirical, look up Avenue Q, they do a skit about it and while it is very funny sometimes the funniest things are because they are founded on the truth.

and he said BLM is a joke, don't confuse that with him thinking police killing innocents is ok. But the reason BLM is a joke, is it seems every time they riot over a black guy getting shot, its some thug doing illegal stuff and then fighting the cops. You know who deserved a huge riot but didn't really get one? The black guy who had a legal gun, told the cop about it, and when he went for his ID as instructed the cop freaked out and shot him anyway. I could have been behind that, but no instead they riot over violent thugs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Can't believe people still take Breitbart seriously...
    Don't need to take Breitbart seriously, just watch the video.

But this is the problem with people, people link a source, that usually has links within it to where they got their sources, but they just waive them off. Yeah, Breitbart is openly right-winged, doesn't mean that what they post aren't factually correct. Sure they may have a heavy right slant to them, but that is why you look for the counter points.

Deleted
    I mean, at the end of the day, it's them who need the support from the general population - so it's in their interest to take crisicism seriously.
    "You don't agree with us so who cares what you think" is not necessarily the most sensible approach when it comes to winning people over.

Also: The world isn't black or white. Just because there are policemen who are doing bad stuff doesn't mean that BLM gets a free pass to do whatever they want. And someone disagreeing with how BLM operates does not mean that they think the police consists of only saints.