Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    This guy was a drug dealer and most likely a heavy user as well, plus judging by the charges he clearly had the violent nature of a habitual criminal. He might well have been so heavily in drugs that he couldn't be calmed down in other ways that were available at the time.
    Yes lets use the victims crimes/lifestyle/issues as a good reason to use excessive force. Its fine he's a drug dealer it doesn't matter..

News at 10 ,,,, yes it does matter regardless of what the criminal has done or his/her past.

Violent behaviour or resisting restraint fine ... but restrained in a chair and then REPEATEDLY shocked.... no withstanding the audio from the surveillance camera is just plain and simple wrong.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Quote Originally Posted by f3llyn View Post
    Usually I would take the side of the cops but this kid is handcuffed and restrained in a chair and being held down by 3 cops while they taser the living shit out of him. If you click on the link you can see the video.

It's pretty cut and dry..
    Think of it this way though, a MAN(not a kid, please for the love of god, he is a legally and physically an adult) that was strapped down, being tased, was still not being co-operative. I honestly want to know what everyone that is against what happened to answer this question; if you are so insightful, what are they supposed to do when they have to process someone, and that person is being violent and uncooperative? It just isn't about him being compliant, but if they are being violent and resisting, they cannot only hurt the cops, but themselves or a innocent bystander.

I have basically been called a 'cop apologist' in this thread indirectly, but I want to say many people in this thread are over the top criminal apologists. They obviously have never(or very little) to do with violent criminals, and what it is like to deal with these people. let alone one with possible mental issues or just high on drugs. Even with training it can be hard to distinguish. I figure that is why they were trying to get him to a mental evaluation is to see if it was drug related, or if it was a mental issue so they could get him properly booked and put into a facility that is appropriate for his condition.

So I pose this question, if a person is being violent, highly combative, and uncooperative; what are the police supposed to do? And 'waiting it out' is not a viable option. Also remember, criminals like to do stuff like that, just to mess with the cops and give them a hard time.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    i'm not suprised it wasn't the whole police station doing it...to be quite honest.

I have the Police the Police on my facebook feed..its pretty depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    Yes lets use the victims crimes/lifestyle/issues as a good reason to use excessive force. Its fine he's a drug dealer it doesn't matter..

News at 10 ,,,, yes it does matter regardless of what the criminal has done or his/her past.

Violent behaviour or resisting restraint fine ... but restrained in a chair and then REPEATEDLY shocked.... no withstanding the audio from the surveillance camera is just plain and simple wrong.
    Lets just give all violent criminals a pass, so that they can't get hurt when they resist arrest and be violent. Its fine, they are just possibly hurting people and making the world a worse place.

Being restrained, doesn't mean you still can't be violent/combative. Notice how the cop standing in back is using something to stabilize his head? There is a chance of that because the person might have been biting/spitting/head butting/etc. There are some inmates I've seen that will still fight correction officers while being tasered, hit with batons, and in a room full of tear gas while also being sprayed with mace. Some people just have an insane pain threshold mixed with a mentality of fight until you cant fight anymore.

Wrong thread, sorry.
    Last edited by Dead Moose Fandango; 2017-08-01 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    I did not say that. Please read my post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Typical of Americans and their handling of mental health issues.

What the article doesn't mention is those cops doped him up with lsd before they then applied the electroshock therapy.

Just like the cia did to unruly children in the 1950s.

Nothing to see here please move along.
    You act like people can't quote you and call you out on your BS, its right there. You said EXACTLY that.

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    ::thinking of thread title::

"3 Cops Excessively Tase Arrested Adult Individual Because He Was Not Compliant."

Nah, let's go with "3 Cops Torture Teen".
    Complaint with what? He was already strapped to the chair.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    He was restrained in a chair already....
    He was still trying to fight back. They couldn't leave him in the chair, because they were trying to transfer him. Say they release him from the chair, he just goes right back to attacking them. Have you ever been in a jail? They chain them up to transport them, and only once they're in their cells do they unlock them at all. When they need to move them, they need to be 150% sure the guy isn't going to be fighting back. Best solution here would've been to simply let him exhaust himself fighting the chair before trying to move him.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post
    Well actually, it use to be, that if you committed a crime and went to prison, you lost many of your rights.

Now prisoners have more rights than most people. It's ridiculous.
    Now you're just being hyperbolic.

Your idea that prisoners having any rights is = to them having "more" rights is the same flawed logic people use to say me being able to marry a man is me having "more" rights. aka it's a stupid line of reasoning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Findlyn View Post
    You act like people can't quote you and call you out on your BS, its right there. You said EXACTLY that.
    I think the batteries in your sarcasm detector needs replacing if you thought my suggestion that cops were really giving him electroshock therapy was serious.

So I pose this question, if a person is being violent, highly combative, and uncooperative; what are the police supposed to do? And 'waiting it out' is not a viable option. Also remember, criminals like to do stuff like that, just to mess with the cops and give them a hard time.
    So I pose the question (again) did you ever watch the evidence presented in teh OP or are you just assuming for the sake of telling your own narrative?

Theres a key point everyone seems to be missing here with regards to whining about making the cops villains without evidence here.

The cops have to file reports whenever they use that taser

Seeing as how he was reported to have been tased 4 times but came out with over 40 taser burns the burden of proof is on the police department, which is already suspiciously breaking its own rules by not reporti g the other 36 god damn uses of force.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    So I pose the question (again) did you ever watch the evidence presented in teh OP or are you just assuming for the sake of telling your own narrative?
    You are evading the question. and if you have actually read my responses in this thread you would know my answer.

But again I feel you are being obtuse, and will try and claim I'm evading so here it is; IT DEPENDS ON EVERYTHING, AND WE DON'T KNOW! Is there a chance they were doing this out of sadistic desire to torture that man, I acknowledge this possibility and have. If you weren't so blinded like a damn zealot you would know this.
    HOWEVER, if they were being combative, being a danger to themselves and others, and prevent the officers from processing and doing their jobs, they were only doing what they were most likely trained to do(again I don't know 100%, I do know from personal experience that correctional officers are trained to do similar things in similar situations of an individual being highly combative and being a danger to themselves others).

You can say its nothing but torture, but then a lot of methods used by prisons world wide are nothing but torture. Through a perspective, solitary confinement is nothing but torture. However, sometimes it is needed to either protect the individual, or others from said individual.
    Last edited by Findlyn; 2017-08-02 at 02:00 PM.

-snip-
    So all you have is your assumption that he must have done something off-screen to "justify" the torture because it is unthinkable that the police officers might have been in the wrong.
    And now we know why you went into this thread with that preset narrative: Because you are personally invested in the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    So all you have is your assumption that he must have done something off-screen to "justify" the torture because it is unthinkable that the police officers might have been in the wrong.
    And now we know why you went into this thread with that preset narrative: Because you are personally invested in the job.
    Again, avoiding actually answering questions, because you know you have no good answer. You will instead blindly yell the sky is falling and its the end of the world.

Second, I haven't worked as a CO for almost 15 years, nor did I continue to work in the field of law enforcement. So again, baseless strawman.

and you assume that there aren't reasons for them to need to do this, based off of your feels that have no basis in practical experience. You would realize that a single person can be strong when they are enraged, got adrenaline going, etc, and that you have to employ certain methods not only to ultimately protect them from long term serious physical damage, but also everyone else directly involved, or just being a near by innocent bystander. But I would put money, you will ignore this just like you have in the past when I brought this up, out of your blind zealotry...
    Last edited by Findlyn; 2017-08-02 at 02:51 PM.

Deleted
    "3 police officers did some wrong shit, therefore every police officer is bad"

This thread...
    Do you realize that there's more than 1 million of them in the US?

But you will be calling them like little bitches next time you are scared. They will be good for you in that situation. And then you will come here and you will start shittalking again.

Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    "3 police officers did some wrong shit, therefore every police officer is bad"

This thread...
    Do you realize that there's more than 1 million of them in the US?

But you will be calling them like little bitches next time you are scared. They will be good for you in that situation. And then you will come here and you will start shittalking again.
    Yeah, the same people that say "fuck the police" are more than likely to be the ones running from something like when during 9/11 and the buildings were on fire/collapsing, but it was the cops and other first responders running to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    There is a big difference here.

Cops are beholden to guidelines, laws and policies. While it would be near impossible to crack down on every criminal belonging to a certain minority, it should be very easy to enforce discipline, rules and policies throughout a workforce. You can't fire someone from being a minority, but you can fire someone from being a cop.
    Except it's not. You know how often I catch other people doing the wrong thing at work in terms of policy and procedure?

And your analogy of firing someone from being a minority is not an accurate thing. You can jail someone after they commit a crime much like you can fire a cop. You can't do anything to either until they do something wrong. Bad analogy is bad.

Deleted
    Yeah, the same people that say "fuck the police" are more than likely to be the ones running from something like when during 9/11 and the buildings were on fire/collapsing, but it was the cops and other first responders running to it.
    Exactly. Police officers risk their lives every day, they get "fuck the police" as a thank you.

Let me know when there are policies, laws and guidelines for minorities which would affect their performance, crime rates and overall behaviour.
    There are laws for ALL people and African Americans break them more than other groups. Your analogy is severely flawed.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me know when there are policies, laws and guidelines for minorities which would affect their performance, crime rates and overall behaviour.

- - - Updated - - -

If they did their job they wouldn't get a "fuck you", and no, people shouldn't just blindly grovel and respect them.

They get paid for their work. They don't need "thank yous".
    So I suppose I should go to your job and not give you an ounce of respect because you're getting paid for it? People flat out disrespect cops for doing their job.