Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Gnomeregan hidden boss - How to do it?!

So, some time ago I went with my 2 good mates (Former higher raider, other just really sick healer) + 2 pugs...So basicly got fucked, and in the end we knew we had to get a monk tank cause kiting it as restro didn't work out cause sunfire kills the bomb's that only has 1.4 million hp (1 sunfire kills bombs = they respawn)...We have to aggro the bombs somehow - I did the kiting, also tried feral with trash bracers etc which works insanely good for aggro bombs etc, but it also spawns the bombs even faster.

So erhm, now I log into my monk who I got basicly just did class mount on, nothing more...But its good enough - Or so I thought, because the ability...Keg brew, something you could throw at mobs that IIRC also slowed them down, was removed in legion? Of all the tactics I read I thought monk tanks was only good because of this ability.

So how did they do it? Again we can easily do the boss if it wasn't because sunfire resto druid kite didn't one-shot bombs with just 1 little sunfire...1.4 million HP is not a lot. and when bombs respawn and the 4 others are nuking boss they RIP on bombs or w/e.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2017-07-31 at 06:19 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

We did it with a resto shaman getting initial aggro and then a monk taking it off him (3 others wait outside the room). Took us aroudn a minute to have all aggro on the monk. Then the other 3 run in and kill the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    We did it with a resto shaman getting initial aggro and then a monk taking it off him (3 others wait outside the room). Took us aroudn a minute to have all aggro on the monk. Then the other 3 run in and kill the boss.
    But how did the monk do that without killing the bombs? They only have 1.4 million hp...Do monks have a AOE abillity in legion that replaced...brew toss, keg toss or w/e it was called? Sorry im clueless on monk tank.

Ok, got some more info on it from our monk, he used keg smash to get aggro, just remove some gear if you kill them with it. But we did let the shaman die and self ress to loose the aggro.

Might take quite a few tries as it did for us to get it right. You can aso get lucky and have the boss bug out and summon no bombs. We had that happen on our 2n kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    But how did the monk do that without killing the bombs? They only have 1.4 million hp...Do monks have a AOE abillity in legion that replaced...brew toss, keg toss or w/e it was called? Sorry im clueless on monk tank.
    I went in with a resto druid, kited the boss and all of the adds until they were a nice stack, then hit the add stack with Exploding Keg and Keg Smash. This caused them to be on me for the entire fight and didn't kill them because of the AOE cap.

I then kited around the outside while the two dps, healer, and other tank killed the boss. On occasion, when I got the debuff, the druid would run over and dispel/heal.

Also, used Light Brewing and Sephuz with maybe a couple pieces of speed gear, if that's important.

Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    I went in with a resto druid, kited the boss and all of the adds until they were a nice stack, then hit the add stack with Exploding Keg and Keg Smash. This caused them to be on me for the entire fight and didn't kill them because of the AOE cap.

I then kited around the outside while the two dps, healer, and other tank killed the boss. On occasion, when I got the debuff, the druid would run over and dispel/heal.

Also, used Light Brewing and Sephuz with maybe a couple pieces of speed gear, if that's important.
    Thanks a lot all! I guess with Ilvl 860, im good to go then...didnt think about AOE cap...Cause I know for sure keg smash hurts on say 2-5 targets. So I can get a restro druid or...well anyone to kite full circle 360, then I go in on my monk and save the day...and then the druid can...well shadowmeld or die if he still has aggro .

The adds spawned during the fight by Endgineer Omegaplugg won't spawn if the activation conduits around the room are clicked in a specific order. There are 6 conduits in the room, from the left of the entrance of the Tinkers' Court all around to the right, we'll label that 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. To prevent the adds from spawning, try clicking the buttons on the sides of the conduits in the following order: 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 4. Ideally, someone with high mobility should click conduit 4's button after conduit 6's button has been pressed. He will kill you, but once you return and pull the boss again the adds should no longer spawn.

From there, simply avoid mechanics and interrupt his repair ability that he does starting at 50%. Best of luck!
    "Hope can turn into despair in a heartbeat."
    R.I.P Chester Bennington 1976-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Vorecien View Post
    The adds spawned during the fight by Endgineer Omegaplugg won't spawn if the activation conduits around the room are clicked in a specific order. There are 6 conduits in the room, from the left of the entrance of the Tinkers' Court all around to the right, we'll label that 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. To prevent the adds from spawning, try clicking the buttons on the sides of the conduits in the following order: 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 4. Ideally, someone with high mobility should click conduit 4's button after conduit 6's button has been pressed. He will kill you, but once you return and pull the boss again the adds should no longer spawn.

From there, simply avoid mechanics and interrupt his repair ability that he does starting at 50%. Best of luck!
    Is this able to be reproduced? We tried this back about a day after the boss was initially discovered and no combination would stop the spawns for us. We chalked it up that certain groups were just getting a bug that none of them could explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    We did it with a prot pally. Get the Talent to take 3% less damage for each add, pull the whole instance and dont do any aoe while dpsing the boss.
    This will be patched, as this isn't the intended way to kill the boss.

@The Cheat, I will get back to you on reproducing the aforementioned strat.

I did this last week and we tried many combinations of button presses and cheesing with prot pallies and after awhile the bombs just stopped spawning making it tank/spank.

Side note: it seems like his health scales with ilvl as it would change when you swap specs by a few million. As well as watching a video of when it was first found he had around 200 million health, now he has 307 million on my kill 1 week ago.

This will be patched, as this isn't the intended way to kill the boss.

@The Cheat, I will get back to you on reproducing the aforementioned strat.
    Hasn't been patched for months. Did it with 2 prot paladins with that strat, like, 4 or so months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Zic View Post
    Hasn't been patched for months. Did it with 2 prot paladins with that strat, like, 4 or so months ago.
    It's an exploit by definition, but definitely not as gamebreaking as damage redirection. It's probably not a hotplate exploit to fix. It will be an undocumented change.

It's an exploit by definition, but definitely not as gamebreaking as damage redirection. It's probably not a hotplate exploit to fix. It will be an undocumented change.
    Why is this an exploit? There is a talent that says you get 3% less damage per add. You get 100 adds. That is not a exploit, that the normal, intended use of a talent. Do not see the exploit here.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    That is not a exploit, that the normal, intended use of a talent. Do not see the exploit here.
    You're telling me that level 25 mobs attacking a level 110 should trigger a 3% damage reduction? C'mon, now, really?

- - - Updated - - -

This stuff works since the release of the boss
    There is no way to measure this statement. I've never seen anyone try to paladin strategy until post 7.2.

Why not? No other talent has a level requirement

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    Why not? No other talent has a level requirement
    Yeah, I'm not really seeing the merit of the argument taking place here. Class mechanics are intended to function across all content at all levels regardless of the level gap unless an explicit exception is made. No such exception has been made here.

Nice use of Last Defender, but it shouldn't work for enemys which are on a grey lvl. I agree with Vorecien.

what boss are you guys talking about ?
    Bitch Pls

Quote Originally Posted by gguga12 View Post
    what boss are you guys talking about ?
    Endgineer Omegaplugg

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, I knew it had something to do with those adds. Particularly the Arcane Nullifier that popped the bubble.

Would've had it if it weren't for my lazy, uninspired guild.