Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Just like there was major powercreep with HoT , very much expected. I'm pretty sure they don't give 2 shits about balance at this point, this game has lacked variety for a very very long time and HoT didn't change much except shoehorn everyone into 1 build.

Vanilla builds will still be garbage but I bet all elite specs will be viable. And I thought WvW has been dead for years now.
    This is actually one of the big turn-offs for me...
    don't get me wrong; i have a fully geared guardian with a fully unlocked skillset and lots of leftover hero points... but it just disguists me how they deal with ingame-balance.

I just hope i'll be able to play a hammer-firebrand...

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    The price means theres going to be a lot of mount skins.
    I think if they stop at mount skins, that would be the best case scenario...

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally get to truly watch some videos, WEAVER IS INSANE. If you know how thieves work, your #3 skill depends on your combination of weapons. Now imagine if not only did your combination of weapons mattered but also what elements you're attuned to. Sword/Focus Fire+Air's #3 is different than S/F Fire+Fire. Thats an insane amount of combinations.

Elite spec stuff starts at ~1:30:00.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

£25.99 for the standard edition is pretty fair pricing since the game is very feature-driven and lacks in solid content.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Mirage is literally everything mesmer already does so I don't get the point of it. Spell breaker would have been perfect for mesmer yet they just give us more shatter conditions

Then necromancer gets portal I don't fucking get it
    They gotta save some ideas for future specializations, it's not like they have a lot of selling points anyway. Mesmer in the second game really got gimped with the introduction of clones, tho perhaps in the future expansions they might actually give some attention to Mesmer and rework the class mechanic kinda like they did with the Scourge.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    That "ideal model" from 2 years ago would simply be taking money off of their table now. Not to mention it would have previous HoT purchasers VERY salty, because they would once again be paying twice for something they already had, such as it was at HoT launch when the base game became F2P. For them to continue that trend would work to alienate long-time customers.

With the WoW model, as someone who bought every single xpac when it was current (up through WoD), I should be able to pay, say, $20-30 for Legion on launch day. Instead, I pay the $40-50 (I honestly don't recall it's price at launch, but I know good and well it wasn't $20) just like the folks who never bought a single xpac prior. The Anet model rewards the long-term customer better, and it doesn't totally hose new customers, since HoT was $50 2 years ago and is now $20 (which is what it probably should've been at launch, but that's another can of worms). Blizzard can take that bit of a monetary loss since WoW's payment model is different. Anet can't.
    I think the change was because of the changing in pricing with PoF. Their intention must have been to sell the expansion each time for $60 odd way back but because of the uproar they have had to tweak things. There are bound to be consequences.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I dunno. Do you remember Bloodstone Fen?

LS drops have always been this way. You get there and talk a little and then it's basically over and you're left to grind achievements or just leave.

Hell, even the primary HoT story was a very quick affair. Not that I mind because it felt like they ran out of steam partway through, but still. They know where their biggest income streams are, and they're not the actual LS drops themselves.
    My daughter has just played through the whole of LS2. It took her 3 days. That's probably over 12 hours. That's just the story part and getting to the places. That's not half bad for free content if you logged on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Oh there will definitely be mount skins. Or perhaps special mount only dyes which add patterns and stuff.

Looking at mirage more it's literally dd thief they even gave them first strike with mh weapon skill one.

So anet has no intention of keeping classes unique

I wonder who will get illusions next
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes sense but I don't agree with that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I don't think it's silly at all. Just because they're on "different release cycles" doesn't mean that when you're selling a new box to people you can't give some information on what you're selling in ALL game modes.

The reality is that they likely have nothing new - as usual - because otherwise it'd be mentioned with all the other selling points.
    Actually they said yesterday there will be a WvW update later this week. Yesterday was about the expansion, those other things aren't part of it. So, in this case, your assumptions are wrong.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post6663616

looking at weaver finally

what the actual fuck this thing is insane

Deleted
    Another condi spec for mesmer, just what mesmer needs...
    Does ANet even plays it's own game?

I like how they gave warrior what gw1 mesmer could do but not give it to gw2 mesmer
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbas View Post
    Another condi spec for mesmer, just what mesmer needs...
    Does ANet even plays it's own game?

This.
    the funny thing is mirage fixes what mesmer should have been in the first place. Mirage skills cause detarget and randomizes your location with other clones

It's just sad that it wasn't made baseline and that they didn't give mesmers what they originally could do in the first game and just gave it to warriors

Deleted
    they added a bunch of new hairstyles and faces for humans. all looking pretty exotic. you can also access them through basic character creation, rather than with a customization kit

Mantras getting a change, as long as you don't use the final charge, charges will return over time but the final charge also has increased benefit.

Wonder if this will apply to mesmers mantras too. Probably not since they intend mesmers to be the jack of all master of none

- - - Updated - - -

Scourage is literally a Ritualist

I see you Anet

yeah, tempted to go Necromancer for this expac, I've mained an elementalist since release and I think it's time for a change

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Actually they said yesterday there will be a WvW update later this week. Yesterday was about the expansion, those other things aren't part of it. So, in this case, your assumptions are wrong.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post6663616
    Could've just been story related stuff but I couldve sworn I saw desert related siege in the trailer.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    yeah, tempted to go Necromancer for this expac, I've mained an elementalist since release and I think it's time for a change
    omg the radius for shades is incredibly small and you can only have 3.

I don't understand why anyone wouldn't pick the grandmaster trait for the 1 giant shade. You won't be hitting shit with the smaller ones, they are way too small it's probably the smallest aoe ring I've seen in this game.

Scourage is literally a Ritualist
    If only there was another profession that's suppose to have thematic similarities with the Ritualist.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Champion View Post
    If only there was another profession that's suppose to have thematic similarities with the Ritualist.
    Thematic means shit if it can't play like one

Thematic means shit if it can't play like one
    One can only hope for a future specialization, with someone like Razah for a legend.