*nod nod*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Dragon View Post
    Clearly Frey is really a 27 year old girl
    *nod nod*
    Obviously.

Getting my soccer mom groove on.

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

Would you say MLP is the best cartoon of the decade?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    Obviously.

Getting my soccer mom groove on.

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    Would you say MLP is the best cartoon of the decade?
    Not even by a longshot when shows like Adventure Time,Gravity Falls,Rick and Morty,Avatar the last airbender,Legend of Korra and more and all those chinese cartoons exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    [IdMG]https://i.redd.it/p3byfxs83xcz.png[/IMG]

Not even by a longshot when shows like Adventure Time,Gravity Falls,Rick and Morty,Avatar the last airbender,Legend of Korra and more and all those chinese cartoons exist.
    I have no idea what you're trying to say, Jirvay

I don't remember much about 9/11. I remember people talking about it on TV and the radio the days after.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    I have no idea what you're trying to say, Jirvay

Contains spoilers to episode 2 of Rick and Morty season 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    [viddeo=youtube;KnmQdHSRQ1U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnmQdHSRQ1U[/video]

Contains spoilers to episode 2 of Rick and Morty season 3.
    I have never seen this show

This is... fascinating...

10+ Year Old Account
    I was about to say I haven't seen any of those, but I remembered I have season 1 of Adventure Time on DVD. I enjoyed it, but once I got Netflix, I didn't seem to have the drive to continue watching.

Rick and Morty I watched like two episodes and found it really stupid. Apparently I'm the only one on the planet. Avatar I should probably watch, but I keep adding more and more anime to my watchlist, though finding it dubbed is the main problem.

time for this dragon to retire to his cave
    g'nite everypony

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I was about to say I haven't seen any of those, but I remembered I have season 1 of Adventure Time on DVD. I enjoyed it, but once I got Netflix, I didn't seem to have the drive to continue watching.

Rick and Morty I watched like two episodes and found it really stupid. Apparently I'm the only one on the planet. Avatar I should probably watch, but I keep adding more and more anime to my watchlist, though finding it dubbed is the main problem.
    You should definitely watch Avatar all the way through. Korra is only slightly worse than the first show.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    <snip>
    did... did you actually watch any of them aside from the first?

- - - Updated - - -

Adventure Time and Rick and Morty both suck hard though. .. Gravity Falls and Avatar i would agree... never saw anything of Korra.
    also you forgot Star vs. the forces of evil .... that show is nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by isi View Post
    did... did you actually watch any of them aside from the first?
    Watched the 2nd one, didn't watch any of the others. Her and Starlight are practically the same and both are just Trixie with more screen time.

Adventure Time and Rick and Morty both suck hard though. .. Gravity Falls and Avatar i would agree... never saw anything of Korra.
    also you forgot Star vs. the forces of evil .... that show is nuts.
    Adventure Times "suck hard". You're going to need to describe why that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watched the 2nd one, didn't watch any of the others. Her and Starlight are practically the same and both are just Trixie with more screen time.
    you should watch the others. comparing them both to trixie is just...

Adventure Times "suck hard". You're going to need to describe why that is.
    why would i need to? tried watching it. it was neither funny, interesting nor in any way enjoyable to watch. end of story.

you should watch the others. comparing them both to trixie is just...
    You're right, they're not like Trixie. Nope. They are just unicorns that are Twilight's rival/villain and are evil only because their beliefs are the complete opposite to the hero, find an artifact or magic to then try and beat her/them later on and then learn the error of their ways. Yep, totally different. None of that is similar at all.

why would i need to? tried watching it. it was neither funny, interesting nor in any way enjoyable to watch. end of story.
    Because you can't just say flat out that it's not funny or interesting without giving more reasoning behind it, especially when it's an opinion which isn't the norm. I could tell you how Adventure Time showed you can have more adult themes in a children's cartoon, the characters, the story (overarching and each episode), and a myriad of other things, but can you tell me why it's not? You have to go beyond plain emotion and show why, rather than just saying "it's bad". Fact is Adventure Time, and Regular Show, was the reason we have the current generation of cartoons. Those two shows kicked it off and there's a reason for it, they were popular and good enough for many others to get inspiration for. Not to mention showing that half episodes can be done well and be better than normal full length shows.

If it wasn't any good how could it kick off so many things? If it wasn't interesting then why would it go on for so long or have such an impact.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2017-08-02 at 09:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're right, they're not like Trixie. Nope. They are just unicorns that are Twilight's rival/villain and are evil only because their beliefs are the complete opposite to the hero, find an artifact or magic to then try and beat her/them later on and then learn the error of their ways. Yep, totally different. None of that is similar at all.
    soo.. you're dismissing their different characters and personalities purely based on similar storylines?

Because you can't just say flat out that it's not funny or interesting without giving more reasoning behind it, especially when it's an opinion which isn't the norm. I could tell you how Adventure Time showed you can have more adult themes in a children's cartoon, the characters, the story (overarching and each episode), and a myriad of other things, but can you tell me why it's not? You have to go beyond plain emotion and show why, rather than just saying "it's bad". Fact is Adventure Time, and Regular Show, was the reason we have the current generation of cartoons. Those two shows kicked it off and there's a reason for it, they were popular and good enough for many others to get inspiration for. Not to mention showing that half episodes can be done well and be better than normal full length shows.

If it wasn't any good how could it kick off so many things? If it wasn't interesting then why would it go on for so long or have such an impact.
    well, sorry for having a different opinion. you can like what you want. i didn't. i never said it didn't have any influence (although i doubt that is was a very big one).
    Also how long a show goes on has nothing to do with how good it is... just look at some shit like spongebob that went on forever for whatever reason.
    Last edited by isi; 2017-08-02 at 09:28 AM.

soo.. you're dismissing their different characters and personalities purely based on similar storylines?
    Yes, because they didn't need to literally create the same early character when there was one there already. Why do the same story three times with three characters? They all go through the same arc with being shunned shortly after, outside of the main characters, and made fun of slightly for what they did until they do something to be fully accepted. After that Trixie is still mostly a bitch, Starlight is a blunt Twilight (so now she matches two characters), and Sunset is Twilight with deus ex. Now as for backstories we don't know Trixie's, but Starlight's is beyond dumb with "My friend went to another school because he was talents so I started to hate talent" because why not just get good, which she did anyways, and go to that same school to find him, rather than wiping away talent using her talent. Then there's Sunset with "I'm not the chosen one", which is so lame to which then she can just deus ex up some powers like using an Element for no reason and use the power of music to transform, because non-canon. At the very least Trixie gets knocked down a peg by Twilight and holds a grudge to try and beat her, that's the most believable one of the bunch.

Had Moondancer been bad/evil we would have gone through the same arc as all of the other ones, because apparently that's the only story they know how to tell with these unicorns and their relation to Twilight.

well, sorry for having a different opinion. you can like what you want. i didn't. i never said it didn't have any influence (although i doubt that is was a very big one).
    Also how long a show goes on has nothing to do with how good it is... just look at some shit like spongebob that went on forever for whatever reason.
    You do have a point, but for people to still suggest watching it? Wouldn't that mean that it's still good? In Spongebob's case it was good in the beginning, but it's gone on too long and become tired and irritating, much like Fairly Odd Parents.

Look, you can have an opinion, but if you want to present your case then you might need a bit more than just how you think of it. I hate Harry Potter and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, which are two things that are rather well liked in general, but when I say that I need to discuss facts of the property to bring forth the evidence of poor aspects of it rather than just that I don't like them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look, you can have an opinion, but if you want to present your case then you might need a bit more than just how you think of it. I hate Harry Potter and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, which are two things that are rather well liked in general, but when I say that I need to discuss facts of the property to bring forth the evidence of poor aspects of it rather than just that I don't like them.
    i never intended to "present my case". i stated my opinion. i don't like. that's it. there's nothing more to it. it's rather unreasonable to answer that with "no! you must state the flaws in it or i won't accept your opinion!"

same goes for the sunset/starlight/trixie discussion. if you feel like they're the same character that's fine. i think they're plenty different right down to their base character. (and yes i agree Starlights backstory sucked, but as a cahracter at this point i like her more than Twilight).

and yes, i realize that both arguments are at it's core the same, just with reversed sides and different base knowledge about the topics.