Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

[HOLY] The Prydaz question

I have been thinking about this for a long time but why do people not recomend to use Prydaz as a must use for holy Paladins?
    I have been using it since Febuary and I found something out very quickly. It allows you to use LotM almost at will with no down side to you.

I can get between 3-6 holy light sized heals off every 30 seconds as instant casts before my shield is used up. This is refreshed every 30seconds. On a mobile fight, this has been a godsend to me.

So my quesiton is, why do more people not shout from the rooftops about it. I never see it in any guides on it, any wowlog analizer says I use LotM to much. Am I missing something here because I can not see any side effects to haveing 3-6 extra insta cast healing spells every 30sec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because other legendaries give you more benefit than 3-6 LotM's every 30 seconds. It's not a bad legendary by any means, but it's not the best.

Not to mention, if you do use it, you don't want to destroy your own shield, since having that buffer on your health means you don't have to heal yourself as much

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravasempai View Post
    any wowlog analizer says I use LotM to much.
    If you're using lotm a lot, you'd be better off using the legendary cloak, as it not only makes your lotm heal for more, it lets you heal your beacon targets after casting LoD.

What would you rather have? A shield that only absorbs a fraction of your health in damage, or the ability to amplify your spell to new levels.

PRETTY SIMPLE DECISION IF YOU ASK ME

Deleted
    I would differ but onced again that is me. I would rather have more instant cast spells i can use while repositioning which is something you have to do a lot in ToS. I have no problem keeping people up with the size of my heals and overheal is a large problem for me. I have more health then most people in my raid (5.2 mil). I just feel, having those more instant cast heals when you need it and a shield when i dont, outways so many other potenial increases that might happen from other legos that 9/10 times result in over heals and meter padding.

Prydaz has always been considered one of the best legendary for Holy, though. Even at the start of the expansion, most guides would put it as the second best. When they added more stats to it and made the shield happen every 30 seconds regardless of damage taken, it stayed near the top. Even now, there are a few better options but it's still considered a solid choice.

People might not be "shouting from rooftops" about it, but they're not really doing that with any legendary except Ilterendi. Prydaz is good, and most people know it is.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why OP seems to think people don't use it. A lot do.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Deleted
    the absorb shield is an extension of your health pool i.e. it's not some artificial extra that you need to game

as such lotm is lotm is bad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    I don't know why OP seems to think people don't use it. A lot do.
    I ment that people dont seem to use it with LotM. Looking at some of the replies here i am still perplexed that people dont seem to care about the massive beinift of several more instant cast spells every 30 seconds. I mean you can only get off about 3 (talents depending) holy shock in that time. While repositioning or for intant saves that a casting spell might not be fast enough for, i find it invaluable.

I have not seen anyone give a valid enough reason why it shouldnt be the default use for prydaz.

"It is an extention of our health bar" yes, that regenerates every 30 seconds and there is not many times i need a full 6.7mil health all the time.

"prydaz only adds some health so other legos are better" once again, missing the massive benifit of several more instant cast heals for mobility and quick saves.

"should just use the cloak" This one i would admit i would like but dont have it. would actually like to see what they do together with prydaz.

In the end, not looking for a fight with everyone, I just find it strange that a style that i really like on the holy paladin, that i keep comign back to after trying other lego combos, is so shunned or dismissed.

Still. Thanks for the input guys. apreciate the honesty.

there's nothing stopping you from using lotm without prydaz. lotm doesn't just magically stop becoming an option to use if you don't have prydaz equipped. but if you're using prydaz solely to enable yourself to use lotm, then you're doing it wrong. holy pallies already have a higher health pool than non tanks, a few lotm's won't kill you. (doesn't mean it's correct to be using it as often as it sounds like you are, but whatever)

as for reasons why not to use prydaz:

1. has haste
    2. legendary effect doesn't provide a real HPS output gain (e.g. the effect doesn't help you heal through sister's shield or desolate host spear. prydaz shield doesn't make your AoS AM any stronger)
    3. only affects yourself (e.g. on KJ if you're immuning big soaks, then you're taking 0 damage for prydaz to absorb, meanwhile your fellow raid members that are actually taking damage from the small soaks aren't benefiting from your prydaz shield.)
    4. shield can end up being an unnecessary buffer. basically if a raid cd was planned to cover some raid mechanic in the first place, whether or not you had prydaz wouldn't make a difference unless you were low going in to the mechanic. the shield ultimately ends up providing no real benefit to your survival because your survival was already accommodated for before the fight even started.

prydaz is still good though, don't get me wrong. it's a very reliable default legendary to equip. doesn't mean it's always the optimal one though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravasempai View Post
    "It is an extention of our health bar" yes, that regenerates every 30 seconds and there is not many times i need a full 6.7mil health all the time.
    Have you tried content where your decisions matter
    Quote Originally Posted by wombats23 View Post
    as for reasons why not to use prydaz:

1. has haste
    That's a good thing
    2. legendary effect doesn't provide a real HPS output gain (e.g. the effect doesn't help you heal through sister's shield or desolate host spear. prydaz shield doesn't make your AoS AM any stronger)
    3. only affects yourself (e.g. on KJ if you're immuning big soaks, then you're taking 0 damage for prydaz to absorb, meanwhile your fellow raid members that are actually taking damage from the small soaks aren't benefiting from your prydaz shield.)
    That's just outright wrong
    4. shield can end up being an unnecessary buffer. basically if a raid cd was planned to cover some raid mechanic in the first place, whether or not you had prydaz wouldn't make a difference unless you were low going in to the mechanic. the shield ultimately ends up providing no real benefit to your survival because your survival was already accommodated for before the fight even started.
    Sounds like some farm raid bullshit to me

Last edited by mmocc9e8bd4f08; 2017-08-03 at 08:40 AM.

Deleted
    there's nothing stopping you from using lotm without prydaz. lotm doesn't just magically stop becoming an option to use if you don't have prydaz equipped. but if you're using prydaz solely to enable yourself to use lotm, then you're doing it wrong. holy pallies already have a higher health pool than non tanks, a few lotm's won't kill you. (doesn't mean it's correct to be using it as often as it sounds like you are, but whatever)
    This is my point though, it allows me to use LotM a lot more freely with out going into my health pool that others need to spend time healing up. And once again, I am talking about free use of a instant cast mobile use fairly large cheap heal. When others use prydaz they get the shield, when we get prydaz we have an even bigger shield than them and the ability to put it to good use if we are not taking damage. It can be used in combo with others to put out some fairly big quick cheap healing with out puting your self in danger or taxing other healers to top you up.

But once again, thx for voicing your opinions on this. Nice to see how others do it and think about it.

EDIT: spelling

Prydaz is bis legendary really and lotm is just fine spell to use, even though everbody's bashing it. Someone once said "Lotm is bad" and everyone tends to say it. The strenght of it is indisputable and it does damn good job.

Also saying you need the absorb for mechanics; partially true. You can predict.

People here tend to talk in general while barely clearing hc..

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I really enjoy LotM, I wish I had that neck to test it out.
    @Warlucia knows how much I love LotM #17percentlogsbaybee

Simply put if you're using Prydaz and hate using LoTM you're just doing it wrong. Do not forget that the shield although it is only 25% of your max hp is in fact about 60% of your max health in transferable heal more if you activate Divine Protection while LoTMing.

The only reason not to use Prydaz with LoTM is when you have high amounts of leech, which then Maraad becomes the better option followed by Obsidian Spaulders (Raiding). I'd dare say that with Seastar even makes LotM viable as you can just proc it then LoTM the healed amount to effectively transfer the heal to beyond 15y.

What Prydaz is not effective is for AoE healing.

To make a simple comparison. Leech is useless if you're always healing people while at full health the same applies for Prydaz. Just remember that Leech and Prydaz don't synergize well.

P/S: The other day I was fooling around with Stam trinkets, Obsidian Spaulders + Rethu's Courage. At 6mil HP Rethu's 120,000 every 3 seconds was healing my beacons for 36,000 per 3 second that's like auto 50k HPS standing around with Mercy it was around 100k HPS. Just standing there.

7+ Year Old Account
    Personally I love Prydaz. That and Ilterendi are my go-to legendaries on progress and in general by now. The utter tankiness that comes from the shield is insane; it allows me to run through bad stuff on the ground instead of moving around it; I don't have to feel bad when I throw out LotMs so save people's asses or while on the move. Imo, none of the other legendaries feel viable at the moment: Velen has nothing on DGD/Seastar, shoulders and back are taken by set pieces, Highlord ring is meh (just one more CD to consider/hotkey which is situational at best), belt only buffs a CD that is already strong enough.

Deleted
    dgd is legit the worst trinket in the game

DGD on yourself and use that free HoT and LotM to distribute the heals as you see fit. It isn't the worst trinket honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxJeng View Post
    DGD on yourself and use that free HoT and LotM to distribute the heals as you see fit. It isn't the worst trinket honestly.
    This sounds highly counter productive and probably the worst "justification" reason to use lotm I've seen...

Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    dgd is legit the worst trinket in the game
    How so? It's probably the 3rd best healer trinket for a pali (below Velens and Sea Star). The only fights it would be horrible to use on is where tanks take very spikey damage and the shield will proc far too often (such as KJ). Otherwise it's extremely strong for tank healing. The hot portion is equivalent to ~2.5 druid rejuvs on the player.