Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by lucred View Post
    My bet would be that we somehow absorb the power from our weapons (possibly dropping traits like concordance) and leave them somewhere so their remaining energy can do something else... That way we have the traits that are needed for the spec, but we can get new weapons as we level again.

They can also say that the new weapons are upgrades not because they are more powerful than the artifacts which were so respected, but because the energy that MADE them so powerful is gone, meaning non-artifact weapons can compete with what remains.
    They've said if anything is super important to a spec they would probably just bake it in. Stuff like "Sudden Doom now has a 15% increased chance to activate and stores two charges" is not staying.

Also they will most likely have our weapon's powers get drained in order to seal away Sargeras so there will be a lore explanation.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    We'll give them up our artifacts in a lore-friendly way at the end of 7.3, and all their traits and abilities will simply be baked back into each spec as baseline. Expect massive class revamps again in 8.0 as a result. I'll be very surprised to see them take any other route.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    To be really honest, i don't see (or better, i can't see) a solution for the artifacts post Legion, or at least an easy one. We can't just drop them and lose all the passive stuff they give and are tied to our rotation and spec.

I really can't wait to see how they will handle this.
    The solution is actually a rather easy one. As with all expansions classes get tweaked as such some of the traits of the artifact will become baseline class spells or talents and some will be gone.
    Now the weapon itself will lose all traits and will become a normal weapon with only the 3 relics that upgrade only ilvl.
    What this means is as soon as you get a higher ilvl weapon, you will bench your artifact.
    They can also use the excuse that they're used to seal sargeras so they are now powerless.

Also I highly doubt that the artifacts will continue, I don't think the intent is for you to complete the legion campaigns in order to be relevant in the current expansion.
    Last edited by mmoc99a1d430b1; 2017-08-02 at 12:49 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    If we keep them or not, either way I can predict MASSIVE shitstorm on every forum related to WoW.
    This i agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    Artifact traits will likely just disable at 111 or become "does not work above level 119" and that'll be the end of it. Historically, having legends has allowed for faster leveling so I could see them doing something similar this time around.

It's not like having traits 111-119 would really hurt anyone; we just wouldn't want a situation in which they remain BiS into 120 content (which I believe happened back in Wrath with BC legends, but could be remembering wrong).
    Some traits add skills, others change the way the spec is played by making certain skills a higher priority. Those are the ones that could get added as part of your character, if they like the way that spec works with them.

Obviously all the +5% to X stat ones would go away, they'll want that extra power growth for leveling and gearing up.

To be really honest, i don't see (or better, i can't see) a solution for the artifacts post Legion, or at least an easy one. We can't just drop them and lose all the passive stuff they give and are tied to our rotation and spec.

I really can't wait to see how they will handle this.
    but you also had that with WOD.... Draenor perks. Remember these?

I can't wait to get rid of artifacts. Endless grind.... Artifacts and "legendary system" destroyed mythic raiding in Legion for me...
    alt-killers....

+ i miss the feel of getting the new wep, etc...
    People say that instead of farming 1 wep, you have artifact to stick with it and "level it"....
    what? relics? what? 3x grind?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    Why toss away a weapon you've been working on for the past 2 years?.
    Because it will require a lot of power to imprison the mightiest being in the universe and the other available option is:
    - evaporating on contact like a certain orc people like to throw around

Either of the following will happen in the pre-patch:
    - Artifact traits get baked into the specs
    - We keep the additional artifact ability, while we lose all the traits... but at the same time a number-crunch happens (would be the perfect opportunity seeing how rebalancing will be made obligatory regardless)

Quote Originally Posted by Kazakov View Post
    My idea for it:

We turn our artifacts back to important lore figures. Ashbringer to Turalyon or his son, the bow back to Valeera and so on. Due to the importance of our fight against N'zoth and Azshara we will forge new weapons with the help of the Army of Light. Those new artifacts will be named by us (Of course, naming rules applies so no "Big Dick Sword") and we will be able to choose a few preset appearences for them (Like 2H Sword, then we can pick a hilt and blade and so on).

This will give us a progression system (Empowering our new personal artifacts), new customization options (Unlocking new parts like hilts, blades and so on) AND it'll fix a important issue of having too many people around carrying important artifacts to the lore.
    i actually would like to see this happen.Though People certainly will find a way to name their weapons in an "unmannered" way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    but you also had that with WOD.... Draenor perks. Remember these?

I can't wait to get rid of artifacts. Endless grind.... Artifacts and "legendary system" destroyed mythic raiding in Legion for me...
    alt-killers....

+ i miss the feel of getting the new wep, etc...
    People say that instead of farming 1 wep, you have artifact to stick with it and "level it"....
    what? relics? what? 3x grind?
    It's a grind only if you want 3x bis relic, 90% of wow players just pick up the highest ilvl and be done with it. And actually AP is one of the reason i log on daily basis, in WoD we had raid nigth, done with wow for a week. Give me back old reputation daily stuff, or i will gladly keep my AP. And no, i don't miss the feeling of not dropping a weapon in a raid for 3 months (god forbid if a unholy dk want to switch frost, good luck farming 2 weapons!)

It's a grind only if you want 3x bis relic, 90% of wow players just pick up the highest ilvl and be done with it. And actually AP is one of the reason i log on daily basis, in WoD we had raid nigth, done with wow for a week. Give me back old reputation daily stuff, or i will gladly keep my AP. And no, i don't miss the feeling of not dropping a weapon in a raid for 3 months (god forbid if a unholy dk want to switch frost, good luck farming 2 weapons!)
    guess how many players stopped logging even once a week for that raid, just because they didn't want ANOTHER CHORE - to grind artifact power.
    also, same goes for weps- most were going just for highest ilvl (weps).... others aim for bis stats/effect (which is tripled in Legion with artifacts)....

AND ALL THAT AGAIN FOR OFF SPEC... for OFF OFF SPEC.... for ALTS... ALTS OFF SPEC...... fucking hell...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    guess how many players stopped logging even once a week for that raid, just because they didn't want ANOTHER CHORE - to grind artifact power.
    also, same goes for weps- most were going just for highest ilvl (weps).... others aim for bis stats/effect (which is tripled in Legion with artifacts)....

AND ALL THAT AGAIN FOR OFF SPEC... for OFF OFF SPEC.... for ALTS... ALTS OFF SPEC...... fucking hell...
    Errr what? Hitting concordance is so fast it's not even fun. If you bother to spend millions of point after for a minimal dps increase, you are welcome! And to be honest, i don't care about people who want to play a game only 1 time per week. If you only like 1 single feature of this game, there are plenty other around.

Everybody okay with that?
    Personally I don't see an issue.
    I don't want to be locked into a weapon type for the rest of the game. I want new weapons. I want new transmogs. I like getting weapons with different proc effects. I don't want to grind a weapon anymore. If anything Artifacts have already stayed too long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    I don't want to be locked into a weapon type for the rest of the game. I want new weapons. I want new transmogs. I like getting weapons with different proc effects. I don't want to grind a weapon anymore. If anything Artifacts have already stayed too long.
    I prefer to have a single weapon type honestly. Atleast it reduces the infighting for loot.

The problem is that if this artifact weapon thing continues, OP, we'll just never, ever receive another weapon upgrade again. That's not a good thing; that's a big problem. Sacrificing our artifacts is a great way to end their existence. I'm fine with it. Now... a "replica" of it would be nifty to have, I suppose. However, whatever skins you unlock during Legion will be available to you in the next expansion as transmogrification options.

I just better be able to keep my damn artifact fishing pole. q.q
    "Hope can turn into despair in a heartbeat."
    R.I.P Chester Bennington 1976-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Vorecien View Post
    However, whatever skins you unlock during Legion will be available to you in the next expansion as transmogrification options.
    Ones which you won't be able to use until you've grinded for the proper weapon to drop.
    I still recall that there was only ONE unarmed weapon in HFC... one that I never got and was stuck with a staff.

Ones which you won't be able to use until you've grinded for the proper weapon to drop.
    Sure, but now you're just being picky. That's not fair. :/

If they continue the Legion artifact system, then there's no room for something fresh and new. I want fresh and new.
    "Hope can turn into despair in a heartbeat."
    R.I.P Chester Bennington 1976-2017

I prefer to have a single weapon type honestly. Atleast it reduces the infighting for loot.
    With personal loot this doesn't happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.