Thread: End Game Help

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

End Game Help

Hi, been playing GW2 again recently, no idea why I stopped for so long, as I like it.

Anyway, we now have elite specs, and Daredevil is the one for my Thief.

I was given a staff, but it has no stats on it. I've actually received a number Exotic items which have no stats at all (maybe has defence).

How do I add stats to these items, can I only put a gem in them?

Or are these purely cosmetic?

They've added so much to the game since I last played, with little to no direction

gw2 has never had direction, it's mostly exploring while following the story. See something shiny? Go get it.

As for the stats its been awhile since I've played but it's either cosmetic or there might be a right click option to "select stat" and then you'll get a drop down menu for it
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    gw2 has never had direction, it's mostly exploring while following the story. See something shiny? Go get it.
    Yeah nothing wrong with that and that's what I initially liked about it, it's a great world to explore, although I don't think the new zones (so far) are as good as the vanilla ones.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    As for the stats its been awhile since I've played but it's either cosmetic or there might be a right click option to "select stat" and then you'll get a drop down menu for it
    That would make sense and hope you are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Yeah nothing wrong with that and that's what I initially liked about it, it's a great world to explore, although I don't think the new zones (so far) are as good as the vanilla ones.

That would make sense and hope you are correct.
    a lot of people don't like the new zones initially because they constantly face brick walls, you have to get your mastery up to over come those walls. It's Anet solution to progression. If the game had levels just like any other MMO they would still have those brick walls except it's gated behind vertical level progression. Instead it's blocked behind vertical horizontal progression where you need to level up certain masterys to progress.

I personally like the system and finally unlocking everything is pretty satisfying.

For the staff and gear, what zito said is correct. There is a drop down menu that you click and a prefix option will come up (e.g. berserkers, assassins, nomadic, etcetera), you click what prefix comes up, the stats show up and you confirm your choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get a Viper set for your thief and try out raids

Most of the first bosses of each wing are easy but just hard enough to get you into the right mind set.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Get a Viper set for your thief and try out raids

Most of the first bosses of each wing are easy but just hard enough to get you into the right mind set.
    Bought an exotic set called Nika's Armour, was pretty cheap which will do for the time being (I changed the Runes).

Looked into Vipers and my crafting isn't at 400, think it is around 350 and I remember it being a pain, this was years ago though.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you have ascended gear then my best tip is for you to the stat swap recipe from the mystic fountain,youll still need to craft the viper stat inscription thingies so i'd recommend you getting some crafting boosters and activate your guild crafting exp booster!
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

http://qtfy.eu/builds/

The above link will give you good builds/gear for each class in different environments (pvp, raids, fractals). You don't have to treat it as gospel or anything, but it's a good reference if you're trying to get an idea of what builds are solid, or what gear works well for certain things.

From there, just experiment with what you like.

Nika's is a good choice if you're playing staff daredevil. And exotic armor is acceptable even in raids (though you'll want ascended jewelry and weapons for raids).

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for help.

I've started the legendary journal stuff.

I've finished all the story stuff I can currently do, so will focus on getting my crafting up then focus on getting ascended gear. I'd like a set of gear for both Staff and Daggers.

10+ Year Old Account

Thanks for help.

I've started the legendary journal stuff.

I've finished all the story stuff I can currently do, so will focus on getting my crafting up then focus on getting ascended gear. I'd like a set of gear for both Staff and Daggers.
    Ascended gear really is more of a goal than a tool to a goal. Jewelry/ backpacks will be easy to find ascended versions of, but a full set or two of armor/weapons isn't needed for anything. Bigger numbers are bigger of course, but most original content is built around like Rares, newer stuff around Exotics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    You never really face a "brick wall" due to level progression in most MMOs in the same way that HoT zones - especially the first one! - give you those "brick walls".
    It wouldn't have been too bad if they had "timed" it better so you only needed a little more XP to beat the arbitrary gate. They also should have mentioned that you're going to need base levels in everything before you start adding too many other ability ranks. Nothing like spending XP/time on gliding then finding you needed basic stuff for the next zone and need to grind again.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Did the first part of my "legy" quest.

While doing fractals, I asked if I could do my 3 fractals for my "lego" quest. Nobody knew what lego meant, so I told them that's what we call legendary items in WoW. You can guess how things went after that...

Anyway, currently got my crafting at 415, need to get it to 450 to craft the first "legy" parts (sorry but legy sounds and looks stupid). Is crafting just expensive or am I missing a special easy way?

Did the first part of my "legy" quest.

While doing fractals, I asked if I could do my 3 fractals for my "lego" quest. Nobody knew what lego meant, so I told them that's what we call legendary items in WoW. You can guess how things went after that...

Anyway, currently got my crafting at 415, need to get it to 450 to craft the first "legy" parts (sorry but legy sounds and looks stupid). Is crafting just expensive or am I missing a special easy way?
    Ascended crafting is very expensive. This might help you:

http://gw2crafts.net

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Ascended crafting is very expensive. This might help you:

http://gw2crafts.net
    Yeah looks like I have a bit of grinding to do lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I've got weaponsmithing to 500, just need to grind mats for Ascended weapons.

Question about trophies, do I need to keep them once I have them? They are taking up too much space.

So I've got weaponsmithing to 500, just need to grind mats for Ascended weapons.

Question about trophies, do I need to keep them once I have them? They are taking up too much space.
    ?

what kind of trophies?

10+ Year Old Account

If youre talking about what I think youre talking about then no. If it just says trophy it should salvage down or is vendor trash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trophies which are part of achievements, legendaries etc.

It's kind of ridiculous how they take up bag space then Trying to force me to buy more bank space with gems?

Collection items which just say "trophy"? You can vendor or destroy those safely.

If you are in doubt about the uses for an item, look it up on the wiki using the /wiki command. It's very well maintained.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.