Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    1.9 Earths but only because I really use the airplane once a year otherwise 1.7 Earths.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoweye View Post
    teach me your ways
    I drive 500+ miles a week for work, I also ride my motorcycle for 300+ miles and my car for 100+. Per week.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    What we really need is WW3.
    I think a good plague would be better. Less destruction.

6.8 Earths for me, guess my big block V8's hurt oh well :P
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I thought this was about the upcoming eclipse.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jswizzle View Post

Well shit.
    Get fuckin rekt

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    hard to say if you don't have have the exact ranking methodology, but it would indicate that australia means of production and general public consumption aren't very eco friendly.
    Very sparse population = very expensive lifestyle.

My overshoot day is April the 1st, hah.
    Last edited by Afrospinach; 2017-08-02 at 03:57 PM.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Although people might brush this off as something insignificant, this is what actually matters. Not Trump, not Russia, not North Korea. It's our planet.
    But does everyone think so? No, no they don't, and never will. This is why the smartest and most powerful of this world shall bring about the war that would hopefully lessen the population's burden on this world. Or you know, figure a way to halt human reproduction or at least control it.

Funny how most people probably consider this issue overblown and me a nutjob for thinking such scenarios even possible. But they will always be blind sheep, to be herded where needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    What we really need is WW3.
    Sadly, this. Nature seems to be having less and less of a hold on us. Unless we physically limit the reproduction of all humans, we're going to need war to do it.

Disease is being fought more and more.

Gay people are reproducing(which I think is actually one of nature's population control's).

Quality of living in general has risen which make people live longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I need to move to Australia

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, like many have stated, the population of the planet is just way too high, it cant support this many people without us destroying it. Most people here are scoring a 1-2 on the scale, i myself put up a whopping 1.5, if the population was cut in half, problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Gay people are reproducing(which I think is actually one of nature's population control's).
    Please elaborate, Sir, I think you have an interesting point there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    Please elaborate, Sir, I think you have an interesting point there.
    Humans aren't the only species with homosexuality. Within most other species, nature has had a pretty good control on things in terms of controlling population whether it be disease, predators, or in this case simply not reproducing.

Before science allowed us to use other methods, about the only way a gay human would reproduce would be sex with a woman/man that they were not attracted to. I think a lot of that only occurred in certain eras of history as a man at least where there were times you could be a prominent male and not reproduce. I would definitely be one of those as being a gay man I would not have sex with a woman of my own natural volition. Like I literally would have to be paid a good deal of money or have some dire consequence to not do so. It's encoded in my brain. However, now I still have the option to reproduce without having to worry about that which is sort of a big middle finger to what I think was nature saying I shouldn't. I still might, but it's a thought.

I mean hell even beyond being homosexual, another thing that humans seem to be bypassing is unattractiveness as a detriment to reproduction which happens in a lot of other species. We're so "omg you need to get married and have kids" so that the unattractive people are matching up and having kids(albeit sometimes they actually pass the good genes on). In a lot of animal species if you don't have the strength or looks to get the girl/guy, you don't reproduce.

Nature has a lot of checks and balances that we don't think of and pretty much human society in general has decided to just say FU to it.

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20150...sexual-animals

^ Good read that gives conflicting ideas about it. Some ways it creates competition and some it creates social cohesion.
    Last edited by purebalance; 2017-08-02 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    Yeah, like many have stated, the population of the planet is just way too high, it cant support this many people without us destroying it. Most people here are scoring a 1-2 on the scale, i myself put up a whopping 1.5, if the population was cut in half, problem solved.
    I don't see how you would come to this conclusion. Or anyone really. The worst offenders are a few select countries. Mainly the EU and the US plus Russia and South Korea. All they need to do is to adjust their lifestyles. I am optimistic that this would be absolutely doable if the countries in question put their minds to it, but alas...

Why? Because in large parts of the worlds population already live sustainable lifestyles. It's only the highly industrialized countries who are the outliers.

Anyone else notice multi-storey apartment?

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    I don't see how you would come to this conclusion. Or anyone really. The worst offenders are a few select countries. Mainly the EU and the US plus Russia and South Korea. All they need to do is to adjust their lifestyles. I am optimistic that this would be absolutely doable if the countries in question put their minds to it, but alas...

Why? Because in large parts of the worlds population already live sustainable lifestyles. It's only the highly industrialized countries who are the outliers.
    I got a 1.9 and I thought I live pretty shitty in terms of the planet, but my county is pretty big on recycling which it is a somewhat affluent county in Maryland. Also I actually buy more expensive clothes which seem to last longer(although I'm pissed some of my underwear is getting tears that is less than a year old) which was a part of the add more details in terms of how often you replace XXXXX. The problem with rich people is they buy expensive shit and replace it when it still works. I've had the same TV for about 10 years now and it still works perfectly. I know there's people on this site that probably have replaced their TV 4 times in that period whether they bought a cheap one or expensive one and that contributes to a lot of E-waste which is a huge factor in all of this.

What, like kenyans and indians?

Off you go.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Living in mud huts with no electricity and going to bed starving every night of the week but one may be sustainable but its not really a life worth living imo. Not to mention the massive amount of feces 7 billion people makes. And the amount of land needed for 7 billion vegans, plus it would all need to be local stuff as non local rasies carbon footprints massively. So then you would need to move billions of people around the world to more practical locations, clear lands for growing crops and unfortunately wipe out the animals already on the land.

So we could do all the above plus more, or just stop fucking so much.