Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I bet after Blizzcon we will know.
    Yes but I am curious. And Preach dropped the ball.
    Burn it. BURN IT!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now I'm curious to see if we'll get Spacevoid stuff or some sea adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    We are bitching about colours now? Like..the much loved Classic (or Cata) was so awesome with ...fire? Or WotLK was so awesome with...ice and frost. Ok, so yeah, WotLK was awesome, so why bitch about colours? TBC was pretty green and fel and people still get off on that one
    "We"? C'mon dude, don't sheep around. I am complaining about the art direction of this specific expansion. Never said the previous ones where good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Source of this?

Becuse we've got new naga and other water living being models... and we're getting Kul'Tiras armor set... And also N'Zoth speculation from Il'gynoth quotes... etc

I think that the next expansion will be about Azshara+N'Zoth, not the Void itself... or maybe both.
    I'd argue that's all the same theme.... N'Zoth is a minion of the Void, he made the Naga... Kul'Tiras is probably busy fighting Naga.

Whatever it is, I hope it'll be Legion/MoP-quality content and not a return to WoD... I know that 1 expansion shouldn't spoil the bunch, but WoD is still too fresh in memory...

We are bitching about colours now? Like..the much loved Classic (or Cata) was so awesome with ...fire? Or WotLK was so awesome with...ice and frost. Ok, so yeah, WotLK was awesome, so why bitch about colours? TBC was pretty green and fel and people still get off on that one
    Yeah... the "Everything will be a certain color now..."-whinge is just asinine. Legion's zones are all green and black? Really? All of MoP was red and jade?

They can't fault the actual expansion based on merits such as the content, so they attack the color scheme.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-08-02 at 03:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    yep just like in mist of pandaria, we obviously knew next expac was legion... nope
    well it was

WoD was full of demons

So, gathering the drift of the comments here it is 100% Naga/Ashzara/South Seas and 100% Void.

Could that all actually fit into one x-pac? I mean, they crammed the much toted Emerald Dream into Legion and it felt like the Emerald Dream / Nightmare really is all that...a patch that gets old real fast
    We won't fight "the" Void (Lords). We will fight some servants of the Void (e.g. N'zoth, Azshara and maybe some we don't know yet) but the real threat in form of the Void Lords will not be tackled in the next expansion, it's too soon.

Naga and N'zoth are just the interlude to something much bigger, the Void Lords. We won't (can't) fight them until expansion 8 or 9. Expansion 7 will introduce the Void as an enemy and the Void Lords as an "imminent" force but nothing more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    (Corrupted) Azeroth / N'zoth speaks to him, so I wonder just how awakened she is in reality.
    Pretty sure it's not the true Azeroth who's talking to Magni.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Yay everything will be purple'ish now.
    Thx blizz.
    I really don't understand people like you. What the fuck do you want, sunshine and rainbows everywhere? Inconsistent expansion themes? Legion theme is fel green, it's how you know something is associated with fel and/or the Legion. Void theme is violet, that's how you know things are shadow/Void themed. Why is that so difficult to grasp? Doesn't matter what color things are, you people would bitch about it.

Stop it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Pretty sure it's not the true Azeroth who's talking to Magni.
    Interesting point. What makes you think that?
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Moar Old Gods, Blizzard! Thank you. So tired of demons and how unoriginal they've become.

"Puny mortals!" <-- every demon.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    Interesting point. What makes you think that?
    There are some hints we discussed in the 8.0 speculation thread some days ago. Let me summarize some points I can remember:

- If you read Magni's lines he sounds like a fanatic (he sounds like the usual Old God cultist)

- In the Priest mount scenario you're exploring a Titan building with Magni. A Titan machine reckognizes some kind of "corruption" and starts attacking the player

- Il'gynoth's whispers: The king of diamonds has been made a pawn. And this one could be about N'zoth who's somehow merged with Azeroth or did something else with her: From the earth, he draws strength. Our earth. Our strength.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2017-08-02 at 04:21 PM.

Does Preach have inside information on what the next expansion will be? No. Then it is not obvious what it will be. It's only obvious what Argus' story is.

Things cannot be obvious if they haven't been confirmed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Whoever they will be, please don't call us mortal

Deleted
    From what happened in the actual game, it wasn't obvious that garrosh was gonna time travel, nor was it obvious that Gul'dan went for Illidan. Dunno maybe they have learned something.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfròst View Post
    I really don't understand people like you. What the fuck do you want, sunshine and rainbows everywhere? Inconsistent expansion themes? Legion theme is fel green, it's how you know something is associated with fel and/or the Legion. Void theme is violet, that's how you know things are shadow/Void themed. Why is that so difficult to grasp? Doesn't matter what color things are, you people would bitch about it.

Stop it.
    I'm glad you are happy with felgreen for two years. I wish my visual perception of landscape was this easily pleased.

Sadly, it is not. Sargeras and Kil'jaeden used to burn with red-fire. Outland itself had a diverse landscape. But now, every Legion-related energy is mostyl lime-green, the ground is a scorched dark-green, the strucures are those beautiful dark-green things. Sounds nice to you, but most folks don't like that because it lack variety.

And they can make it diverse - they did it in the past. Hell, even inside Hellfire Citadel itself, you see Gul'dan use a nice mix of Red, Purple and Green on his magic, but the Legion mostly devolved to that green one.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfròst View Post

Stop it.
    Before WoD/MoP, the only green associated with the legion were infernals and SMV, if anynthing red was more strongly associated with fel orcs and hellfire peninsula. I think blizzard made a mistake in trying to make a theme be so constricted, when you could have many different landscapes associated with a single evil

I'm glad you are happy with felgreen for two years. I wish my visual perception of landscape was this easily pleased.

Sadly, it is not. Sargeras and Kil'jaeden used to burn with red-fire. Outland itself had a diverse landscape. But now, every Legion-related energy is mostyl lime-green, the ground is a scorched dark-green, the strucures are those beautiful dark-green things. Sounds nice to you, but most folks don't like that because it lack variety.

And they can make it diverse - they did it in the past. Hell, even inside Hellfire Citadel itself, you see Gul'dan use a nice mix of Red, Purple and Green on his magic, but the Legion mostly devolved to that green one.
    It's not just the fel green but all of the recycled models of the demons. I can't see them anymore.

Wat.
    When Gul'dan gets dropped low enough he loses his robe and turns bright red and the abilities he uses alternate between red green and purple.
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

so they will re-texture the game with more purple?

... the most purple, the world (of warcraft) has ever seen!

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Wat.
    When Gul'dan gets dropped low enough he loses his robe and turns bright red and the abilities he uses alternate between red green and purple.
    that's exactly what he said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I bet after Blizzcon we will know.
    Maybe even Gamescom.