Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    How exactly works the tournament? Next week (today) affixes also will had 5 best timers for qualifying? or its just 5 best timers total for some weeks/months?

I mean, it has no sense to push ur timers to qualify with raging necrotic tiranical, you can't do better than this week affixes.
    Obviously top teams gonna try to push to do high keys on all dungeons for practising for the actual tournament, just asking if this timers will haven an impact or no for the qualifiers...

Sorry about my english, hope someone understands the question :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reisar View Post
    How exactly works the tournament? Next week (today) affixes also will had 5 best timers for qualifying? or its just 5 best timers total for some weeks/months?

I mean, it has no sense to push ur timers to qualify with raging necrotic tiranical, you can't do better than this week affixes.
    Obviously top teams gonna try to push to do high keys on all dungeons for practising for the actual tournament, just asking if this timers will haven an impact or no for the qualifiers...

2 week "Proving Grounds" period (This coming week and the past week) and after that you have 3 days (IIRC) to submit a form that has your team's characters and your 5(unique) highest in time dungeons done for those 2 weeks. They then take the top 8 teams for each region (EU, US, China, Asia Pacific) to compete for the moneys. No info on how the tournament itself will work out.

Also; Meowchan's group got their 4th +23 done for this week, edging past Fragnance & co. in rankings.

Deleted
    I hope the teams are boykott the competition if CoS with RNG Buffs are in the dungeon pool.

Deleted
    What would be the optimal buffs to have active in CoS? Never bothered to check how many things there are at a given time. Guessing deactivating constructs, trap and as many stat buffs as you can get ?

- - - Updated - - -

And it seems Fragnance's group got their 4th +23 (HoV) for the week and are back in the lead. Cool stuff.

Deleted
    It's probably too early to say, but there must be quite a bit of pressure on those wf m+ teams such as meowchans, guess it wasn't so hard when the amount of competition was very low. They've been pushing high keys for 1+ year and then a team made of players from high profile guilds get ahead with a week practice. (Yeah I know they have farmed shitloads of low keys but their experience in high keys is low). Then again guess we will have to wait for the tournament to see
    Last edited by mmocddaf3ba36b; 2017-08-02 at 04:56 AM.

Didn't know this thread existed, pretty cool ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    Did I get that right, that the top 32 teams worldwide regardless of region get invited to the event?

Isn't that a bit unfair due to different affixes in EU/US/Asia?

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Did I get that right, that the top 32 teams worldwide regardless of region get invited to the event?

No, top 8 from EU, Americas, China and Asia-OC get in. Region matters.

Deleted

Nope top 8 from each region. Still a bit unfair for EU, where qualifying is way harder...

Aren't the affixes the same these days? All streamers i watched last week atleast had the same affixes, and i watched US / EU and OC streamers, no Asia though.

Quote Originally Posted by Draggosh View Post
    Nope top 8 from each region. Still a bit unfair for EU, where qualifying is way harder...
    Yeah, China and Asia-OC shouldn't have that many slots. But tbf Blizz likely didn't know what the scenes would end up as, so this is a decent starter. Then next time give EU 12 spots or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Reisar View Post

If you looked for team "Submission Form" exept 5 best dungeons during 2 weeks period. You still need to provide two screenshots of your Mythic Dungeon progress from week 1 and from week 2 (From rules - "Make sure both of your screenshots have your Mythic Dungeon progress window open, along with the calendar.") So how you play during this week will matter too.
    Last edited by TorikSAn; 2017-08-02 at 08:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draggosh View Post
    yeah for sure

Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    I hope the teams are boykott the competition if CoS with RNG Buffs are in the dungeon pool.
    The last time this race was done they purposefully did not do any dungeons that had big RNG components like CoS. I assume it will be the same thing time.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The last time this race was done they purposefully did not do any dungeons that had big RNG components like CoS. I assume it will be the same thing time.
    I believe CoS is one of the better 5mans tho. Would be a shame. In a tournament realm they can easily give everyone the same CoS dungeon (aka same buffs).

When was the last time they did this? I must have missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    I believe CoS is one of the better 5mans tho. Would be a shame. In a tournament realm they can easily give everyone the same CoS dungeon (aka same buffs).
    Same buffs won't matter unless the team comps are identical.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    When was the last time they did this? I must have missed it.
    yeah, you missed the very first post of this topic.

yeah for sure
    Same thing happens in Sports all the time, like the West in the NBA is much harder than the East and Bundesliga is much harder than EPL (very poor play there) in the Champion's League.

First one is decided by Blizzard, then the losing team decides dungeon. They'd have to remove CoS from the selection and inform the teams of that soon, so they don't waste time practicing on dungeons that won't be used.

Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    yeah, you missed the very first post of this topic.
    You're right, I only read the first two paragraphs. Weird. Thanks.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!