Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Waste of mount...(needs to be said)

So...

Kil'Jaeden mythic doesn't award any mount at all.

Yet Blizzard had this model ready to deliver, and decided to instead sell it.

Let me get this straight: you accept the challenge and play the game to the highest level. Invest tons of hours gearing up, perfecting gameplay, farming, progressing. It takes a lot of dedication to climb this mountain and clear a mythic raid. Specially bosses like Avatar and KJ. Everything in the game converges to this challenge, that is clearing the last boss on the highest difficulty.
    You finally do it and, unlike Yogg0, Lich King25H, RagnarosH, etc, you get nothing from freaking Kil'Jaeden, one of the most important figures in the history of WoW.
    And there was a really good looking mount, with a somewhat draenic flavor, that was just ready to go to shop.

Come on, guys.

And people to this day insist that it wasn't cancer putting a mount shop on a game you pay for retail, for expansions AND A MONTHLY FEE.
    When they introduced this shop at the end of wotlk there was outrage, but ofc white knights would defend it as "fine", "acceptable business model", "won't affect quality mounts being released outside shop", etc.

If Wotlk was today Mimiron's Head would be a shop mount.

Deleted
    another cat with a fucking wings... No thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    It surprises you they want the profit route as opposed to the free route?

As long as people pay for it, the shop isn't going anywhere.

Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Every mythic end boss doesn't need to drop a mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you want big daddy KJ to drop a rainbow sparkle kitty mount?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    So...

Let me get this straight: you accept the challenge and play the game to the highest level. Invest tons of hours gearing up, perfecting gameplay, farming, progressing. It takes a lot of dedication to climb this mountain and clear a mythic raid. Specially bosses like Avatar and KJ. Everything in the game converges to this challenge, that is clearing the last boss on the highest difficulty.
    You finally do it and, unlike Yogg0, Lich King25H, RagnarosH, etc, you get nothing from freaking Kil'Jaeden, one of the most important figures in the history of WoW.
    And there was a really good looking mount, with a somewhat draenic flavor, that was just ready to go to shop.

Come on, guys.

And people to this day insist that it wasn't cancer putting a mount shop on a game you pay for retail, for expansions AND A MONTHLY FEE.
    When they introduced this shop at the end of wotlk there was outrage, but ofc white knights would defend it as "fine", "acceptable business model", "won't affect quality mounts being released outside shop", etc.

Hasn't Legion hands-down had the most mount-love compared to any other expansion?
    Let Blizzard continue to make the game, so hopefully next epic boss takedown you get the mount loot everyone paid for via Starseeker/Store Mounts in General..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurassic4LIFE View Post
    Hasn't Legion hands-down had the most mount-love compared to any other expansion?
    Let Blizzard continue to make the game, so hopefully next epic boss takedown you get the mount loot everyone paid for via Manasaber..
    They've barely done shop stuff. I don't agree with it but they do it. Either way I'm confident they'll use the model for something else.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    this mount can be bought for gold, where's the problem ?
    store mount = sold by an npc
    makes no sense to rant about an item that can be bought through gameplay
    there is enough raid mounts also

Tbh the real reason KJ mythic / glory of Tomb doesn't reward mounts is their mount artists got burnt out* after making 12 class mounts (+ colour variations for some classes). The new shop mount was developed together with 7.3 ptr, so wasn't ready for TOS deadline. 7.3 and Argus raid has mounts.

* Blizzard put it in some form of euphemism like "we wanted you to enjoy the uniqueness of class mounts uncontested by other mounts so quickly after" or something along these lines, but let's be honest, each of the classes needed a separate mount so it was a lot of work, 7.3 gives us variety of mounts but lots of them are recolours of each other, there's less than 12 unique models, while imagine if 2 classes got mounts being a recolour of each other, the uproar would be unbearable.

Yes, some of the class mounts use same "skeletons" / rigs but the shape of the mount needs to be different on each class.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    Every mythic end boss doesn't need to drop a mount.
    I disagree, it should at least give something more than a title. A transmog set, weapon idgaf. Just something.

Mistress can drop a mount.
    And also Argus will add a ton of "free" mounts. Stop complaining about everything Blizzard does. If KJ dropped that mount it would barely makes sense.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Whining about store mounts has no point in 2017. It's not like people are forced to buy them with money now and can obtain via gold with game tokens. Also considering the sheer amount of mounts in 7.3. Call people who disagree with you a white knight if you will, I was against store mounts before game tokens could be converted to bnet balance, just be prepared to be a whiner.

Not every end tier boss needs to give a mount either. The first two MoP ones didn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    So...

Come on, guys.

Let me get this right, you are throwing a hissy fit over not getting a mount for killing KJ? Is that your position? Perhaps there shouldnt have been 2 mounts on Guldan, perhaps they should move the mount from Mistress to KJ's loot table.
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2017-08-02 at 10:41 PM.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    It surprises you they want the profit route as opposed to the free route?

As long as people pay for it, the shop isn't going anywhere.
    It's really about quick easy money that hurts your business vs long term investment that REALLY pays off.

Facebook didn't take the easy road of ads, which was tempting and for many justifiable.
    There was a certain gaming company that set up an entire vanguard online playing plataform entirely for free. Yes, for free. You bought their single player games (Diablo, Warcraft II) and got as bonus access to play their multiplayer online on Battle.net without paying any extra fee at all, without ads, nothing.
    Is it dumb offering a free service like this? Or is it creating and nurturing a faithful playerbase, extending the longevity and relevance of your products, and putting your franchises more and more into the minds of people?

Sure it's easy to sell a mount shop.
    But is it better than crowning the whole architeture of your game, boosting the investment-reward dynamic that is at the core of the experience?

It's so Activision forgeting long term business building just to earn some quick few bucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's really about quick easy money that hurts your business vs long term investment that REALLY pays off.

Facebook didn't take the easy road of ads, which was tempting and for many justifiable.
    There was a certain gaming company that set up an entire vanguard online playing plataform entirely for free. Yes, for free. You bought their single player games (Diablo, Warcraft II) and got as bonus access to play their multiplayer online on Battle.net without paying any extra fee at all, without ads, nothing.
    Is it dumb offering a free service like this? Or is it creating and nurturing a faithful playerbase, extending the longevity and relevance of your products, and putting your franchises more and more into the minds of people?

But is it better than crowning the whole architeture of your game, boosting the investment-reward dynamic that is at the core of the experience?

It's so Activision forgeting long term business building just to earn some quick few bucks.
    It's not activision doing this shit it's Blizzard. Activision has nothing to do with the development of WoW. Stop spreading lies.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.
    I am so going to repeat this quote one day
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account

So go get one of the other... like, 26, mounts that came out in 7.2, and stop bitching about the ONE that they added to the store.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account

FB does have ads unless you block them.. and FB SELLS your personal information.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

This mount cost me about 300k gold plus pet

I honestly wouldnt even touch it if i had to use real money but i got tons of gold with nothing to spend it on and iam a hardcore mount collector.

TBH i was thinking when they was gonna do another cash shop mount