Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    They haven't added a store mount in a while... but besides I think the time for raising ruckus over store mounts has passed, one mount added per expac is hardly awful.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

I bought it, with real money. I love the tears of the butthurt.

The new store mount looks like shit. I don't know why you would be even remotely upset about this.

mounts are wasted on mythic raiders.

you've got your challenge, that's all you deserve.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    So...

Kil'Jaeden mythic doesn't award any mount at all.

Yet Blizzard had this model ready to deliver, and decided to instead sell it.

Let me get this straight: you accept the challenge and play the game to the highest level. Invest tons of hours gearing up, perfecting gameplay, farming, progressing. It takes a lot of dedication to climb this mountain and clear a mythic raid. Specially bosses like Avatar and KJ. Everything in the game converges to this challenge, that is clearing the last boss on the highest difficulty.
    You finally do it and, unlike Yogg0, Lich King25H, RagnarosH, etc, you get nothing from freaking Kil'Jaeden, one of the most important figures in the history of WoW.
    And there was a really good looking mount, with a somewhat draenic flavor, that was just ready to go to shop.

Come on, guys.

And people to this day insist that it wasn't cancer putting a mount shop on a game you pay for retail, for expansions AND A MONTHLY FEE.
    When they introduced this shop at the end of wotlk there was outrage, but ofc white knights would defend it as "fine", "acceptable business model", "won't affect quality mounts being released outside shop", etc.

If Wotlk was today Mimiron's Head would be a shop mount.
    Have u seen the mythic Argus mount? Or the lightforged mount?
    Both WAY cooler than the saber, its been a LONG time since they added a store mount anyway
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    It's really about quick easy money that hurts your business vs long term investment that REALLY pays off.

Facebook didn't take the easy road of ads, which was tempting and for many justifiable.
    There was a certain gaming company that set up an entire vanguard online playing plataform entirely for free. Yes, for free. You bought their single player games (Diablo, Warcraft II) and got as bonus access to play their multiplayer online on Battle.net without paying any extra fee at all, without ads, nothing.
    Is it dumb offering a free service like this? Or is it creating and nurturing a faithful playerbase, extending the longevity and relevance of your products, and putting your franchises more and more into the minds of people?

Sure it's easy to sell a mount shop.
    But is it better than crowning the whole architeture of your game, boosting the investment-reward dynamic that is at the core of the experience?

It's so Activision forgeting long term business building just to earn some quick few bucks.
    I see ads on FB...

Which gets them more money?

Putting a reward for content which not a lot of people see, content people would be doing even without the reward...still paying their $15 a month

Or putting something on the cash store people will pay money for beyond their $15 a month subscription?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Have u seen the mythic Argus mount? Or the lightforged mount?
    Both WAY cooler than the saber, its been a LONG time since they added a store mount anyway
    And this too...it has been a long time since they added one...or added a pet too...I think the last pet was the christmas one for charity?

10+ Year Old Account
    So tired of entitled mythic raiders.

"I beat your content so I DESERVE to be rewarded"
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't need to be said because it's said every damn time Blizzard adds a mount to the store. If you don't like it, don't buy it and move on. Or if you don't like Blizzard's development choices, quit the game.

So...

Let me get this straight: you accept the challenge and play the game to the highest level. Invest tons of hours gearing up, perfecting gameplay, farming, progressing. It takes a lot of dedication to climb this mountain and clear a mythic raid. Specially bosses like Avatar and KJ. Everything in the game converges to this challenge, that is clearing the last boss on the highest difficulty.
    You finally do it and, unlike Yogg0, Lich King25H, RagnarosH, etc, you get nothing from freaking Kil'Jaeden, one of the most important figures in the history of WoW.
    And there was a really good looking mount, with a somewhat draenic flavor, that was just ready to go to shop.

Come on, guys.

And people to this day insist that it wasn't cancer putting a mount shop on a game you pay for retail, for expansions AND A MONTHLY FEE.
    When they introduced this shop at the end of wotlk there was outrage, but ofc white knights would defend it as "fine", "acceptable business model", "won't affect quality mounts being released outside shop", etc.

You got the Achievement and some gear along the way. What more do you what for downing a Mythic Boss?
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    are you out of gold?
    mount is pretty bland anyways
    Whether the world's greatest gnats, or the world's greats heroes, you're still only mortal!

Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post
    So tired of entitled mythic raiders.

"I beat your content so I DESERVE to be rewarded"
    Tbh I'm a mythic raider and I hate the "mythic endboss drops 1 mount a week until the end of expac", it means after you have beaten the boss you need to go back and farm him for at least 20 weeks (usually more) so everyone gets their mount, it's easy to get fucked over like: guy gets mount, leaves guild, officers grabbing mounts for themselves then cba refarming old content, guild just selling the mounts taking gold to gbank and not giving it to raiders, all possible abuse of power and selfish displays.

I'd rather not have them at all than have some people who worked on the boss being left out because they were at the end of the queue or guild got bored of refarming the boss for 25th time and so forth.

And I'm speaking this as a person who has gotten firelands, dragon soul, blackhand and archi mounts while they were 100% dropchance.

I'd much rather have mounts tied to glory achiev or things like grove warden instead of spending 4-6 MONTHS farming stuff for a guild, literally every time we had end of expac content drought I was relieved because I knew at least we have enough time to farm these up. Toxic game design I swear.

But you get the satisfaction of knowing you bested Mythic KJ. You are a hero, in the truest sense of the word. What mere trinkets and baubles can beat that?

It is a tale you can tell your grandchildren with pride. And strangers in the street. Spread the word, you living legend.

So...

Come on, guys.

Blizzard didn't put a gun to your head and asked you to buy it, besides; the mount is ugly ....

Everything in the Blizz store is waste of content, especially the store mounts that were released during WoD. Sadly, it's not going to change as there's people out there who don't understand why the store is awful for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.
    hey same field as im currently running.

i always have it ready anytime blizzard puts a mount in the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    So you want big daddy KJ to drop a rainbow sparkle kitty mount?
    This. The mount in question would not be appropriate to drop from him.

Mythic raiders should be satisfied with beating the boss that's what the game is all about. They don't need mounts or gear or, wait where have I heard this before......

haha only blizzard can offer $25 mounts in an in-game store for a game that has a monthly sub and a full purchase price. they know they got the fanboys wrangled by their wallets. good on them, milk em for all they're worth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    Mythic raiders should be satisfied with beating the boss that's what the game is all about. They don't need mounts or gear or, wait where have I heard this before......
    They get gear, titles, and got a mount from Gul'dan. And they'll probably get a mount in 7.3.

Back in the BC days you weren't "gauranteed" a mount, and only two raid bosses could even drop a mount, period.

And yet those were the "best days of WoW raiding," right?

So entitled these days. "We cleared the boss, we deserve a mount!"

Ashes of Al'ar laughs at you.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2017-08-02 at 11:33 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    haha only blizzard can offer $25 mounts in an in-game store for a game that has a monthly sub and a full purchase price. they know they got the fanboys wrangled by their wallets. good on them, milk em for all they're worth!
    More likely they know people will buy it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi