7.2.5 dk unholy mythic + build question

What is the best build? I was searching for any guide in google but dont find anythic about m+ build

Quote Originally Posted by huerohueroxxx View Post
    What is the best build? I was searching for any guide in google but dont find anythic about m+ build
    I run a pretty typical single target 3211331 build most of the time, the main difference is I take Infected Claws over Shadow Infusion since it tends to work out better on trash packs.

On the rare weeks where it is a Bolstering week and there isn't any affix that requires you to stagger trash kills I will take Defile over Dark Arbiter in instances with a lot of trash.

You could make a decent case for taking Blighted Rune Weapon over Pestillent Pustules too in mythic+, particularly if you are using Soul of the Deathlord. I suspect it would probably work out stronger overall for mythic+ anyway but the difference is small enough either way.
    Last edited by Sulika; 2017-08-02 at 08:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ebon fever, pestilent pustules, clawing shadows, infected claws, defile. For +14 or higher or highish tyrannical, I opt for dark arbiter.

Most trash is harder than all the bosses, so an aoe focusing build is a must.

OK guys thanks for the answers!

I have bracers, helm, and shoulders, would it be good to swap bracers for shoulders or helm for shoulders for boss pulls if I'm running defile build for high mythic+?

Quote Originally Posted by Uglytoes View Post
    I have bracers, helm, and shoulders, would it be good to swap bracers for shoulders or helm for shoulders for boss pulls if I'm running defile build for high mythic+?
    Did a few sims with with my own gear and checking the combo. On three minute single target fights with a defile build all three come out really close (less than 10k dps in the difference between the best combo and the worst). For what it's worth in my case the helm and shoulders came out on top but that probably had more to do with the fact that the only shoulders I had to compare against were 905 ilvl while I had 930 ilvl replacements for the helm and the bracers.

So, most likely, if you are running a defile build and have those three available you will do more single target damage if you swap out whichever one you have the best replacement item for. Obviously if there are any adds to cleave that will make the helm a lot better so I would probably say to use the helm and bracers all the time since they are better on trash and the damage difference against bosses is so marginal that its probably not worth the hassle of swapping.
    Last edited by Sulika; 2017-08-03 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulika View Post
    Did a few sims with with my own gear and checking the combo. On three minute single target fights with a defile build all three come out really close (less than 10k dps in the difference between the best combo and the worst). For what it's worth in my case the helm and shoulders came out on top but that probably had more to do with the fact that the only shoulders I had to compare against were 905 ilvl while I had 930 ilvl replacements for the helm and the shoulders.

So, most likely, if you are running a defile build and have those three available you will do more single target damage if you swap out whichever one you have the best replacement item for. Obviously if there are any adds to cleave that will make the helm a lot better so I would probably say to use the helm and bracers all the time since they are better on trash and the damage difference against bosses is so marginal that its probably not worth the hassle of swapping.
    I appreciate your response. I'll try it out this week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Ebon fever, pestilent pustules, clawing shadows, infected claws, defile. For +14 or higher or highish tyrannical, I opt for dark arbiter.

Most trash is harder than all the bosses, so an aoe focusing build is a must.
    Isn't frenzy better than clawing shadows?

Quote Originally Posted by Judgey View Post
    Not while running defile as defile gives a huge mastery buff, and Clawing Shadows is shadow damage while Scourge Strike is both physical damage and shadow damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, if you aren't running defile.

Quote Originally Posted by Lirex View Post
    Not while running defile as defile gives a huge mastery buff, and Clawing Shadows is shadow damage while Scourge Strike is both physical damage and shadow damage.
    From my own parses (using the legendary Helm and Chest) Clawing Shadows only wins out when there are 3 or more targets. If there are 1 or 2 targets Unholy Frenzy still wins out. In a Mythic+ you will be spending a pretty significant amount of your combat time fighting bosses which are almost all single target encounters. That means you need to be averaging pretty good sized pulls in the rest of the instance before Clawing Shadows will win out overall.

Obviously it is hard to draw any strong conclusions about what works best against mythic trash based on multi-target boss sims but for what it is worth that's the results I see. At 1 target Unholy Frenzy won out by about 4% overall dps, with 5 targets Clawing Shadows was winning out by about 4% so the difference between the two is going to end up pretty minor over the course of the instance.
    Last edited by Sulika; 2017-08-04 at 01:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    aoe wise clawing shadows is way better than frenzy
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

7+ Year Old Account
    I was a bursting sore fanboi for a while but EF is proving real good. So I swapped.

A fun thing I did I went to warcraftlogs and looked at each boss in heroic for all DK spec world wide. The first 400 are consistent. Same builds and oranges. I figured tjeu know what they are doing and went with that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    I was a bursting sore fanboi for a while but EF is proving real good. So I swapped.

A fun thing I did I went to warcraftlogs and looked at each boss in heroic for all DK spec world wide. The first 400 are consistent. Same builds and oranges. I figured tjeu know what they are doing and went with that
    in an aoe scenario sores is really only stronger than EF when timmy got transformed, aoe spreads wounds and you cleave all those with dnd/defile up, overall EF performs just better

or just pick the ring and do both, works wonders in m+
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    in an aoe scenario sores is really only stronger than EF when timmy got transformed, aoe spreads wounds and you cleave all those with dnd/defile up, overall EF performs just better

or just pick the ring and do both, works wonders in m+
    There's so many problems with BS it's really not worth picking it over EF, you will definitely lose more in the long run.