Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    Every mythic end boss doesn't need to drop a mount.
    Perhaps, but defeating Kil'Jaeden is a big milestone for people and for the game. It's logical to drop a cool, stylish mount for your efforts.
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

Even funnier is seing people that clearly won't kill Mythic KJ worried that he won't drop a mount.
    Last edited by Grenzstein; 2017-08-03 at 02:59 AM.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

It didn't need to be said. It is very foolish to think that a company, which has a sole purpose of making profit for their shareholders, wouldn't want to release a product that people would want to buy. Legion, so far, has had some incredible mounts and even patch 7.3 has some very impressive mounts as well. This is the only 'for sale' mount they have done for Legion. They naturally would want to make the mount impressive in some way so people will buy it. Do you really expect them to put a mediocre mount up for sale? How may would they sell? This rationale that players are somehow owed everything because they pay a subscription is very stupid. The only time you should be angry at something being put on the store is if they sell gear that adds to play power. Outside of that, being upset by mounts is rather dumb. Every mount they sell is another reason to keep making wow content which adds to the life and profitability of the game. That should be something to be happy about not an excuse to continue whining.

Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    So...

Kil'Jaeden mythic doesn't award any mount at all.

Yet Blizzard had this model ready to deliver, and decided to instead sell it.

Let me get this straight: you accept the challenge and play the game to the highest level. Invest tons of hours gearing up, perfecting gameplay, farming, progressing. It takes a lot of dedication to climb this mountain and clear a mythic raid. Specially bosses like Avatar and KJ. Everything in the game converges to this challenge, that is clearing the last boss on the highest difficulty.
    You finally do it and, unlike Yogg0, Lich King25H, RagnarosH, etc, you get nothing from freaking Kil'Jaeden, one of the most important figures in the history of WoW.
    And there was a really good looking mount, with a somewhat draenic flavor, that was just ready to go to shop.

Come on, guys.

And people to this day insist that it wasn't cancer putting a mount shop on a game you pay for retail, for expansions AND A MONTHLY FEE.
    When they introduced this shop at the end of wotlk there was outrage, but ofc white knights would defend it as "fine", "acceptable business model", "won't affect quality mounts being released outside shop", etc.

If Wotlk was today Mimiron's Head would be a shop mount.
    You should be happy. Instead of paying your $100, you only need to pay $30. Blizzard did you a favor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Baruphon View Post
    Perhaps, but defeating Kil'Jaeden is a big milestone for people and for the game. It's logical to drop a cool, stylish mount for your efforts.
    I really don't follow how it's logical but whatever. We've already gotten two mounts from Gul'dan and at least 1 more from the next raid. I don't see why KJ needs to drop one. Maybe blizzard should have had KJ drop a mount instead of Gul'dan but I really can't find a reason to care about this.

So...

Let me get this straight: you accept the challenge and play the game to the highest level. Invest tons of hours gearing up, perfecting gameplay, farming, progressing. It takes a lot of dedication to climb this mountain and clear a mythic raid. Specially bosses like Avatar and KJ. Everything in the game converges to this challenge, that is clearing the last boss on the highest difficulty.
    You finally do it and, unlike Yogg0, Lich King25H, RagnarosH, etc, you get nothing from freaking Kil'Jaeden, one of the most important figures in the history of WoW.
    And there was a really good looking mount, with a somewhat draenic flavor, that was just ready to go to shop.

Come on, guys.

And people to this day insist that it wasn't cancer putting a mount shop on a game you pay for retail, for expansions AND A MONTHLY FEE.
    When they introduced this shop at the end of wotlk there was outrage, but ofc white knights would defend it as "fine", "acceptable business model", "won't affect quality mounts being released outside shop", etc.

All of this wasted typing when they could've just thought in their head "I just won't buy it then" and moved onto something more productive.

Amount of money blizz makes off mythic raid boss mounts: 0$

Amount of money blizz makes off cash shop mounts (new ones) : A hell of a lot more than 0$
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

I'm totally okay with this.

Mythic raiders aren't motivated by mount drops. Mounts are a fun way to show off your achievements, but whether or not mounts drop is irrelevant to almost anyone dedicated enough to kill these bosses while they're current content. They do add some value to selling runs, I suppose, but I'm not sure the number of people buying mythic clears solely for the mount was ever anything significant.

At the same time, the shop generates revenue for Blizzard which they can then pump into producing more content - all the while providing the ones who ACTUALLY care about mounts (casuals) with a pain-free way of obtaining those mounts that doesn't impinge on the raiding population (who'd have to carry them to mythic kills etc.). Plus, much of the extra content available with the extra cash is likely to benefit EVERYONE.

I WISH we had a cosmetic shop in Diablo III, so there'd be actual incentive for new content.

It's an ugly reskin of the stupid runesaber, so who cares.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    All I hope for with this whole "hue shifting" is if it's a secret test for adding dyes to gear (yes I know that faerie dragon mount had something similar but less colors)

10+ Year Old Account
    So...

I'm sorry, you want them to put a chroma cat with wings as a mount from a Legion boss? That would make no sense at all.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

I really don't follow how it's logical but whatever. We've already gotten two mounts from Gul'dan and at least 1 more from the next raid. I don't see why KJ needs to drop one. Maybe blizzard should have had KJ drop a mount instead of Gul'dan but I really can't find a reason to care about this.
    KJ is like the second most important lore Villain in WoW. I just think there should be a prize for defeating him.
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baruphon View Post
    KJ is like the second most important lore Villain in WoW. I just think there should be a prize for defeating him.
    There is. The prestige of having killed the second most important villain in WoW lore whilst advancing the plot a little further. It's really just a mount all in all. Legion has been pretty mounts o'plenty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    So you want big daddy KJ to drop a rainbow sparkle kitty mount?
    This lol, would be so weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    First off, let's go over what we are getting:

Mount off of Hounds of Sargeras
    Mount from AOTC kil'jaeden
    Mount from mythic kil'jaeden (shackled Urzul is suppose to be from mythic)
    Mounts from getting exalted with Army of the Light
    Mounts from getting exalted with Argussian reach
    Mount from another puzzlebox/mystery thing like Mind worm
    Datamined mounts like Argus talbuks, don't know where we get them yet.

We're getting 15+ mounts that we can farm for. Rep mounts, multiple raid mounts, etc.

We're getting all of that and you're upset they put 1 random mount on the store? Who cares we got a shitload of mounts. Ridiculous.
    Exactly. Some people are never happy.
    Last edited by mmoc3ba5f2479e; 2017-08-03 at 07:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tough luck?

Not really a wasted mount, there's going to be plenty of them from the store - more than from Mythic Kil'Jaeden.

Just like some people don't like to farm reputation to get mounts, I don't like to farm mythic raids for a mount - I don't mind HC raids.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Every mythic end boss doesn't need to drop a mount.
    They kind of do. It's a huge achievement for raiders who make that push, and one that will last the life of the game. It's a shitty thing to do when there are so many great mounts to use for it.

Originally, I was honestly expecting that weird Eredar face lion thing to be the KJ mount, though. That didn't turn out, I guess.

Why should he drop a mount?
    He has wings.
    He doesn't need one.

Sparkling color shifting cat mount from Kil'jaeden?

I highly doubt that sparkly kitten was intended to drop from KJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.
    You, Sir, just won the comment of the year award.

So...

Come on, guys.

The shop exists because people pay for it. I'd never buy any ingame items from the shop, but complaining about it is beyond stupid. "Remove part of your profit because I'm poor", fucking yeah right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Igi View Post
    You, Sir, just won the comment of the year award.
    Are you new to the internet? That joke is extremely overused and has been for several years.