Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    more sci-fi, better is warcraft.
    stick with humans if you want fantasy
    That makes no sense whatsoever.

It's not really bullshit, bringing other creatures from other planets is not unheard of.
    I was talking about the Talbulk.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    yes but with the talbuk? it was ok with the elek, but the talbuk was something always related to the Old draenor and the orcs, there i no need of that

- - - Updated - - -

i know dude, thats the joke
    Elekks are still from Draenor. Velen's draenei have to convince the Army of the Light that their companions from Draenor are suited for battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Warcraft 3 had choppers and airplanes....
    I was refering about legion tech, wc2 had submarines. (also just to be clear, I wasn't complaining)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Zeppelins were used in Warcraft 2 , And turtle submarines controlled by goblins.

Warcraft 3 however Goblins were strictly Neutral until like the founding of Durotar campaign with gazlowe.

Also in Warcraft 2 Destroyers were Elven/Troll origin, not everything was Gnome/Goblin
    Why are you telling me this?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I was refering about legion tech, wc2 had submarines. (also just to be clear, I wasn't complaining)
    I was referring to the part about varian on a flying ship

- - - Updated - - -

I was referring to the part about varian on a flying ship
    It's not the same as a gyrocopter, I'd say.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    You say the horde was always trailing behind on tech, but it's always been pretty much equal, until warcraft 3 decided to make goblins neutral.

(Catapults & Juggernaughts weren't goblin tech)

Only until the bonus rexxar campaign, they explained them helping horde set up orgrimmar, later reflected also in WoW (zeppelin routes/orgrimmar). Gazlowe was the architect of ogrimmar and obviously plays a bigger role for horde by setting up the Garrison.

Cataclysm obviously added goblins to horde later on officially.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-08-03 at 03:15 AM.

I believe this "issue' started in wc3 when you have Tanks shooting Infernals.

but in all honesty, this is common knowledge, if you really wanted to complain about this you should have done that at least in the begining of Legion where they brought Fel-Destroyers.

EDIT:Im not shure If you know but the first two wars are Alien invasions.
    Last edited by Darktbs; 2017-08-03 at 03:26 AM.

Sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    lol your still subscribed? wow.
    Totally normie post. You disappoint me; I expected better of you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    Totally normie post. You disappoint me; I expected better of you.
    that is so great to hear. nice semi colon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    that is so great to hear. nice semi colon.
    Semi colons are ucking dank.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
    My point is simple. Originally, Burning Legion was a demonic army, with classical features of fantasy demons. They used dark and destructive magic, possessions and other tricks typical to evil spirits who demons naturally are. Of course, Legion demons are not spirits, they are corporeal, yet their manner and stylistics was always close to the archetypes...Until Argus came.
    I really did expect to see literally people wenturing into Hell, like a "Divine Comedy". Partly it is so. We are coming deeper and deeper and we are to shackle WoW's "Satan" at his own throne. And interior of Antorus is wonderful, very menacing and "hellish".
    BUT.
    A huge load of but is on the way.

The worst one is A WHOLE LOT OF GODDAMN SCI-FI ATTRIBUTES.
    Look at the War Council boss. We have 3 eredars who use TECH PODS and contraptions. Is this some kind of Starcraft here or WHAT? Archimonde was known for summoning hellish fire and red demonic lightnings, melt faces of people by demonic curses and so on. KJ was master of fire and shadow. And demonic genarals use GRENADES? Are out of your minds, Blizz?!
    The apotheosis is Imonar the soulhunter. Just take a look at this boss. A boss in raid of the CAPITOL OF DEMONS. He uses electroshock, rockets, grenades, mines etc. Maybe rocket packs, too, I don't know. What the fel is this? It's a robo-sci-fi fantasy? Star Trek? Are we fighing Boba Fett in Antorus?
    And moreover, many bosses are repeatable.

Garothi Worldbreaker and Kin'garoth? Hmmm, sounds familiar... Maybe Iron Juggernaut and Siegemaster Blackfuse? And why is the first boss so similar to Iron Reaver from HFC?

How could it be made better? Imonar should be changed for Grand Inquisitor. The chief keeper of forbidden knowledge, symbol of heresy, keeper of Legion's interrogation and prisons... That could be an amazing boss, with summons, curses and so on.

I was disheartened that we didn't get a succubus boss. It had potential - she would seduce us, separating the raid, make us suffer from attacking her, struggle with passion towards the boss...That's a huge field for imagination, you know...
    We could have gotten Magtheridon with cannons on his back and instead of a hand - to replace said Reaver.
    We could have Jaraxxus and Malchezaar as members of the War Council - that would be a great mix of nostalgia and some new tricks.
    Idea with Dark Pantheon is great, it's truth. And still, last phase of final fight MUST be Sargeras. We should have to stand against him for 5 minutes before it all ends. Just to feel the epicness of the expansion to its fullest.
    And for fel's sake. REMOVE the damn sci-fi from expansion about demons. Be rid of it, Blizz, don't spoil the good thing with that eclecticism.
    Thank you, exactly... I'm glad more people are noticing the bloody starcraft/warhammer theme going on, It's like okay, they are fans of Warhammer, we get It. But that doesn't belong Into WoW, they're demons, I'd rather they be more like Diablo 3 demons, actualy demonic, mysterious and dangereous and not some mix of Diablo 3 demons crossed with Starcraft's Amon (Which also was a shite story mind you, all of SC2)

Imean I see no bone of originality In Legion, STILL. ANd I said this around launch, there's nothing original here, I mean right now we're getting Broken Shore In 3 different zones on Argus. You know what? IT DOESN'T WORK... stop with the whole Quel'danas/Firelands/Thunder Isle/Timeless Isle/Tanaan Jungle/Broken Shore thing... It doesn't work no matter how much you re-use It and change things up alittle, It's not that fun. It was fun the first couple of times, Quel'danas was great fun, so was Thunder Isle actually. But then It just got.. boring, Tanaan was good too albeit that's when all the "Oh looks demons and lots of green" started and that was 2 years ago.

They really should re-think their whole Burning Legion theme right now, like they're trying to twist It somehow like... hey, Sargy Is our leader, he was a titan, now he helped us build ships and things similar to titan buildings, aren't we so great combining technology! It's like no, Sargy Isn't the Emperor of mankind (Hail the Emperor) and there are no ork pirates either (Gork Iz best), I've gotten to like Warhammer myself, ever since Warhammer: Total War and Battlefleet Gothic: Armada came out, they got me Interested In that lore and I'm sad I missed out on Warhammer long ago. But bloody hell, doesn't mean I'll be alright If you mix WoW with Warhammer suddenly.

I mean Blizz always liked to mix thngs together like this, WoW was never completely original, none of their games were, they took ideas from other games or devs and made them better, that's their success. It's hard for them to be original that's the truth... atleast anymore, they made great stories before, Warcraft 3, Starcraft 1... but the latest 10 years have nothing to show for. And hell, even Warcraft 3 has been made pointless with things like "Archimonde Is alive, again... now he's dead, seriously guys!" or "We have a new guardian, Med'an! No really. What's that, Medivh said he's the last one? Bollocks to that!"

Short version: I agree with you, this Isn't sci-fi bs and there's too much techno shit, I mean I haven't looked too much Into Argus' bosses and stuff, I did a little, and from what I see Argus and It's bosses might as well be some Gnome bosses, at least that would make sense.... oh shit, gnomes are demons... punt them!...ahem. Demons with rockets and mines? Like comeone, Iron Horde felt silly enough with all It's techno shizzle, don't do that to demons.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Why are you acting like they are just now showing the Burning Legion to be very sci-fi? They've been like that for more than 10 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol you're still here? wow
    Since when? It's never been obvious until we saw Chaos Ships-..Imean demonic legion ships appearing around Azeroth pre Legion patch, that's when I was like "Oh no, this'll be all Warhammer/Starcraft themed, well fudge" and looks like I was right. And I sure don't care Blizzard saying "Oh there were legion ships back In the other Invasions, yeah, totally" other than we didn't see them, and I think If the ships are SO easy to get Into orbit or even the atmosphere of Azeroth, why weren't they everywhere and especially bombarding the armies at Mount Hyjal when we were trying to stop Archimonde? Why wasn't the entire Mount burned to a crisp after they saw Archimonde blow up? (Or we didn't kill him, not really, until he appeared again In WoD and -then- we killed him, another one of blizzards stupid "Oh he's alive again!")
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    My point is simple. Originally, Burning Legion was a demonic army, with classical features of fantasy demons. They used dark and destructive magic, possessions and other tricks typical to evil spirits who demons naturally are. Of course, Legion demons are not spirits, they are corporeal, yet their manner and stylistics was always close to the archetypes...Until Argus came.
    I really did expect to see literally people wenturing into Hell, like a "Divine Comedy". Partly it is so. We are coming deeper and deeper and we are to shackle WoW's "Satan" at his own throne. And interior of Antorus is wonderful, very menacing and "hellish".
    BUT.
    A huge load of but is on the way.

The worst one is A WHOLE LOT OF GODDAMN SCI-FI ATTRIBUTES.
    Look at the War Council boss. We have 3 eredars who use TECH PODS and contraptions. Is this some kind of Starcraft here or WHAT? Archimonde was known for summoning hellish fire and red demonic lightnings, melt faces of people by demonic curses and so on. KJ was master of fire and shadow. And demonic genarals use GRENADES? Are out of your minds, Blizz?!
    The apotheosis is Imonar the soulhunter. Just take a look at this boss. A boss in raid of the CAPITOL OF DEMONS. He uses electroshock, rockets, grenades, mines etc. Maybe rocket packs, too, I don't know. What the fel is this? It's a robo-sci-fi fantasy? Star Trek? Are we fighing Boba Fett in Antorus?
    And moreover, many bosses are repeatable.

Garothi Worldbreaker and Kin'garoth? Hmmm, sounds familiar... Maybe Iron Juggernaut and Siegemaster Blackfuse? And why is the first boss so similar to Iron Reaver from HFC?

How could it be made better? Imonar should be changed for Grand Inquisitor. The chief keeper of forbidden knowledge, symbol of heresy, keeper of Legion's interrogation and prisons... That could be an amazing boss, with summons, curses and so on.

I was disheartened that we didn't get a succubus boss. It had potential - she would seduce us, separating the raid, make us suffer from attacking her, struggle with passion towards the boss...That's a huge field for imagination, you know...
    We could have gotten Magtheridon with cannons on his back and instead of a hand - to replace said Reaver.
    We could have Jaraxxus and Malchezaar as members of the War Council - that would be a great mix of nostalgia and some new tricks.
    Idea with Dark Pantheon is great, it's truth. And still, last phase of final fight MUST be Sargeras. We should have to stand against him for 5 minutes before it all ends. Just to feel the epicness of the expansion to its fullest.
    And for fel's sake. REMOVE the damn sci-fi from expansion about demons. Be rid of it, Blizz, don't spoil the good thing with that eclecticism.
    They are clearly prepping you for World of Starcraft.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    Thank you, exactly... I'm glad more people are noticing the bloody starcraft/warhammer theme going on, It's like okay, they are fans of Warhammer, we get It. But that doesn't belong Into WoW, they're demons, I'd rather they be more like Diablo 3 demons, actualy demonic, mysterious and dangereous and not some mix of Diablo 3 demons crossed with Starcraft's Amon (Which also was a shite story mind you, all of SC2)

Imean I see no bone of originality In Legion, STILL. ANd I said this around launch, there's nothing original here, I mean right now we're getting Broken Shore In 3 different zones on Argus. You know what? IT DOESN'T WORK... stop with the whole Quel'danas/Firelands/Thunder Isle/Timeless Isle/Tanaan Jungle/Broken Shore thing... It doesn't work no matter how much you re-use It and change things up alittle, It's not that fun. It was fun the first couple of times, Quel'danas was great fun, so was Thunder Isle actually. But then It just got.. boring, Tanaan was good too albeit that's when all the "Oh looks demons and lots of green" started and that was 2 years ago.

They really should re-think their whole Burning Legion theme right now, like they're trying to twist It somehow like... hey, Sargy Is our leader, he was a titan, now he helped us build ships and things similar to titan buildings, aren't we so great combining technology! It's like no, Sargy Isn't the Emperor of mankind (Hail the Emperor) and there are no ork pirates either (Gork Iz best), I've gotten to like Warhammer myself, ever since Warhammer: Total War and Battlefleet Gothic: Armada came out, they got me Interested In that lore and I'm sad I missed out on Warhammer long ago. But bloody hell, doesn't mean I'll be alright If you mix WoW with Warhammer suddenly.

I mean Blizz always liked to mix thngs together like this, WoW was never completely original, none of their games were, they took ideas from other games or devs and made them better, that's their success. It's hard for them to be original that's the truth... atleast anymore, they made great stories before, Warcraft 3, Starcraft 1... but the latest 10 years have nothing to show for. And hell, even Warcraft 3 has been made pointless with things like "Archimonde Is alive, again... now he's dead, seriously guys!" or "We have a new guardian, Med'an! No really. What's that, Medivh said he's the last one? Bollocks to that!"

Short version: I agree with you, this Isn't sci-fi bs and there's too much techno shit, I mean I haven't looked too much Into Argus' bosses and stuff, I did a little, and from what I see Argus and It's bosses might as well be some Gnome bosses, at least that would make sense.... oh shit, gnomes are demons... punt them!...ahem. Demons with rockets and mines? Like comeone, Iron Horde felt silly enough with all It's techno shizzle, don't do that to demons.

Since when? It's never been obvious until we saw Chaos Ships-..Imean demonic legion ships appearing around Azeroth pre Legion patch, that's when I was like "Oh no, this'll be all Warhammer/Starcraft themed, well fudge" and looks like I was right. And I sure don't care Blizzard saying "Oh there were legion ships back In the other Invasions, yeah, totally" other than we didn't see them, and I think If the ships are SO easy to get Into orbit or even the atmosphere of Azeroth, why weren't they everywhere and especially bombarding the armies at Mount Hyjal when we were trying to stop Archimonde? Why wasn't the entire Mount burned to a crisp after they saw Archimonde blow up? (Or we didn't kill him, not really, until he appeared again In WoD and -then- we killed him, another one of blizzards stupid "Oh he's alive again!")
    I think you're beginning to tap into why a lot of players have distanced themselves from the story. It's become pretty damn dumb, even from a comic book standard.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

7+ Year Old Account
    REMOVE the damn sci-fi from expansion about demons. Be rid of it, Blizz, don't spoil the good thing with that eclecticism.
    Yeah, and replace space ship to travel from a world to another with Unicorns and raindow... I mean "demonic" unicorns and fel-rainbow.
    Last edited by Tartys; 2017-08-03 at 09:56 AM.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Classical gothic style demons got moved over to Diablo series a long time ago.

WoW's demons have being 'enemies from a different dimension' for a while now.

Legion assimilated races that were both the most technologically advanced races in the universe and the most magically advanced races. Sometimes the most advanced in both fields, like the Eredar.

Why do you think it would be beneficial for them to stick exclusively to magic ? Why not use both in combination, for far greater results ?

And as other said, Legion has been using technology for a long time in Warcraft.

Looking for a working online signature generator .....

Personally I enjoy it. Nothing more boring than thing that has been done a billion times over, and old classic demonic forces with satan and devils and shit has been done soooo many times. Instead, we have a hybrid of that and space technology which has given the Legion their own style and character, which is really nice to see.

I have a lot of bad things to say about Blizzard, but if there's one thing they're doing right it's being imaginative.

Deleted
    I remember the cinematic when Archimonde came and fucked the Dalaran and then the World Tree cinematic, he looked demonic, devilish, menacing, strong and powerful.

Now I think the legion is fucking incompetent, weak, they would've lost to almost every other world if they weren't regenerated.
    They are fucking weak, pathetic, get their ass kicked everywhere and still they say "WAAAH YOU WILL FALL TO THE LEGION".

I mean, what the fuck? Are you guys autistic? You have fel power, technology centuries ahead of ours and you get fucked by some crazy ppl with artifacts and flying city that was raped by one of you like 10 year before?

And is legion so dumb they can't produce manabomb/felbomb like Garrosh did?

What the actual fuck?

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Why are you acting like they are just now showing the Burning Legion to be very sci-fi? They've been like that for more than 10 years.
    Wanted to say the same. It has always been this way. So you'd prefer the legion being some carbon copy of generic horror shit?

It is pretty fucking gay how they took all the mysticism and aura of demonic power out of the BL and turned them into incompetent demons with spaceships.