Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Does this obnoxious thing drive anyone else crazy?

The windows 10-anniversary update has the most annoying start menu I've ever experienced. It's so minding boggling-ly bad I ended up paying money to Stardock for start10 to get a normal non cluttered, not alphabtized menu. What on earth are those microsoft people thinking.
    Gratz for spending money on something you could do for free or could have just used the search...
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Haven't used Windows in many years luckily.
    Yeah lucky you, meanwhile I'm ruined by VR games - 2D games on monitor are so crap.

But hey - I've heard new macOS will try adding VR support - in a few years you might also try out VR, don't lose hope on your primitive OS!
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Classic Shell is all I can say. Been using it since I got Windows 10 and never looked back. The default on the OS sucks. Classic Shell lets you choose between the old Windows 95 menu like I got, the old Windows 7 interface and one other.

This looks beyond ugly, yet still more functional

How is it more functional, just write one fact how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    How is it more functional, just write one fact how it is.
    Alphabetical sorting.

There you go idev

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Does this obnoxious thing drive anyone else crazy?

The windows 10-anniversary update has the most annoying start menu I've ever experienced. It's so minding boggling-ly bad I ended up paying money to Stardock for start10 to get a normal non cluttered, not alphabtized menu. What on earth are those microsoft people thinking.
    They are thinking that most people will realise they can remove the tiles if they don't like them, and not waste money on Start10 or anything stupid.

They also know that these days nobody really uses the start menu to launch applications, just for searching (which you can do direct from the taskbar now anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    Alphabetical sorting.

There you go idev
    Are you fucking retarded?

http://imgur.com/a/O7eRn

(Infracted) - Minor Flaming
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-08-03 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno83 View Post
    honestly, win10 start menu is one of best win10 features. you can pin and unpin whatever you like, resize it and use whenever you like without having to minimize your apps to click at stupid desktop shortcut. my desktop is empty now, using it just to temporarily keep files there on which i currently working then storing them away.
    Wait.. What?

Who keeps apps on the desktop? :/

I have everything I need daily on my taskbar.
    Everything that I open regularly but not daily is in the most recent used programs list in the start menu (using windows 7 shell).

The only thing I have on my desktop is folders with different projects or events.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Looks fine to me, but then I spent more than 10 seconds configuring it before handing over money to reduce functionality so I can pretend it's still 1995 ^^

Are you fucking retarded?

http://imgur.com/a/O7eRn
    Hmmmm, C comes after A and E comes after C, looks right to me.

idev maybe you should look up the alphabet?

Hmmmm, C comes after A and E comes after C, looks right to me.

idev maybe you should look up the alphabet?
    No it doesn't, did you skip 2th grade or something?..

edit: I also love the fact that you think that I am annoyed by people who think that my nickname is "idev" - due to how font looks it's understandable and I just wanted to clear that, because I had nothing else to put in my signature. I also love how you think you're annoying me with it. Low quality am disappoint :<
    Last edited by ldev; 2017-08-03 at 11:35 AM.

No it doesn't, did you skip 2th grade or something?..
    Let's see

ABCDEFG

A before the C, C before the E...

Maybe you should get yourself checked?

Let's see

ABCDEFG

Wtf. No, it's AĄBCČDEĘĖFGHIĮYJKL.. - https://lt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lietuv...c%C4%97l%C4%97

Stop trolling. Or put some effort into it to make it fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's see

ABCDEFG

You know if you actually bother to look at the image in question you will see it goes # > A > C > E > F > G

10+ Year Old Account
    People are simply afraid of change. They lack the capacity to adapt.

This is actually what renders the majority mediocre at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    You know if you actually bother to look at the image in question you will see it goes # > A > C > E > F > G
    He's just an old meme:

http://imgur.com/n8umjWj

also http://www.mmo-champion.com/profile....gnore&u=963893

Infracted
    Last edited by Venara; 2017-08-03 at 02:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The anniversary update decided it wanted to stop halfway through the download but my computer kept trying it's damnedest to install it. Bogged my machine down hard. The bad thing is I didn't even know it was updating at the time so I was going crazy trying to figure out what was wrong with my relatively new computer. Had to manually download the update that took 20 seconds......

Wtf. No, it's AĄBCČDEĘĖFGHIĮYJKL.. - https://lt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lietuv...c%C4%97l%C4%97

Stop trolling. Or put some effort into it to make it fun.
    Nice goal post moving right there mate. Maybe you'd should use a real alphabet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Then go ahead and show me how it's supposed to look like?

Quote Originally Posted by Quibble View Post
    Wait.. What?

Who keeps apps on the desktop? :/

I have everything I need daily on my taskbar.
    Everything that I open regularly but not daily is in the most recent used programs list in the start menu (using windows 7 shell).

The only thing I have on my desktop is folders with different projects or events.
    i working in IT department for some company and what i going to tell you, you might not actually believe.

All workers using desktop for app shortcuts, files, everything. all their work is there. I tried to explain them time saving feature with pining apps to start and taskbar, then i had worker calling me and whining she can't close app anymore. It turned out it was pined to taskbar... Once someone wanted to show me file which pops up error upon opening and which is located on desktop as well, then he were clicking for good half minute on minimize button of various apps and documents to reach desktop instead just clicking show desktop button on taskbar.

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno83 View Post
    i working in IT department for some company and what i going to tell you, you might not actually believe.

All workers using desktop for app shortcuts, files, everything. all their work is there. I tried to explain them time saving feature with pining apps to start and taskbar, then i had worker calling me and whining she can't close app anymore. It turned out it was pined to taskbar... Once someone wanted to show me file which pops up error upon opening and which is located on desktop as well, then he were clicking for good half minute on minimize button of various apps and documents to reach desktop instead just clicking show desktop button on taskbar.
    Reminded me this gem:

http://thewebsiteisdown.com/

classic