Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

I'm calling it now. The Rock will be President of the US in 2020.

Now that Trump has won, it's showed that literally anyone can win the White House. I honestly don't think a politician will ever win again since experience in politics really doesn't matter anymore sadly. The glamour and glitz are what's important.

I laughed last year when The Rock said he was thinking about running for President in 2020 or 2024, but now there's a GREAT chance that he could win. He has a squeaky clean record and doesn't need to spend millions to create an image that politicians have to do to win an election. Everyone in America knows him in a positive light, is a household name, and is loved by both rural Americans as well as those in huge cities. Blue or Red, people like him (as of now).

I'm guessing he will run as a Democrat since he's made comments lately not supporting Republican ideology (immigration). Right now I believe he's registered as an Independent. If he was the Dem nominee he'll mop up the 18-45 age vote with ease. He would be able to rally the youth/millennial vote as good if not better then Obama did.

All he has to do is make a meme gif with him dropping the People's Elbow over his political opponent and it'll get shared a million times on Facebook and Instagram.

Luckily The Rock seems 10x's more sane and likeable (from what I've seen so far of him) then Don Don.

Thoughts?

15+ Year Old Account
    good call

some other non-politicians with decent odds

Zuckerberg
    Oprah
    Cuban

https://m.oddschecker.com/m/politics...on-2020/winner

they just need some catchy slogan. its more important than 20 years of experience
    Last edited by Dangg; 2017-08-03 at 08:53 AM.

At this point everybody outside of a CLinton or Bush could win from trump.

But I'm hoping for Michelle Obama honestly, if Trump lost from a black women who's surname is Obama I doubt he would stay orange for to long.

Their would be no bigger humiliation in Trump's eye if he lost to a Obama

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    good call

some other non-politicians with decent odds

Zuckerberg
    Oprah
    Cuban

https://m.oddschecker.com/m/politics...on-2020/winner

they just need some catchy slogan. its more important than 20 years of experience
    Cuban may want to run, why not, but he sounds to much like a Ronmey when I see his headlines.

Ugh. No more celebrities, no more billionaires. Can't this stupid country do anything right anymore?

I'm hoping for Kanye West.

It's clearly going to be a Kardashian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    From Dubya to Sarah Palin to Trump. Surely, the rock bottom has been hit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    the rock bottom has been hit.
    Women all around the world would love to spank the Rock's bottom

Johnson (or Tom Hanks, another fantasy figure here) could only win if their politics weren't inimical. These guys are high Q-rating, near universally beloved figures because they are mostly, publicly, apolitical, and when they do venture in politics at all, it's always in a very conciliatory tone and message (Hanks, for instance, offered a sort of "we'll see how it goes" mild optimism about Trump months back that, for the Hollywood left, probably amounted to an act of public fellatio).

But the second either of them broke cover and had to be unabashedly political, they would be no more popular than any other politician. Trump actually proves this, Trump's first day on Earth as the monster of bigotry and racihomomysogislamophibic thing guy stuff he is constinually branded as today, was the day he became a GOP candidate for President; before June of 2015, he was a pretty unoffensive minor celebrity even after the sideshow of him finishing the birther crusade (begun, of course, by Hillary surrogates in Pennsylvania, 2008, but I digress).

So by the time it would come to an election, Dwayne Johnson or any other would be only as popular as their message.

Deleted
    Well it doesn't really matter though, as the message is all that matters; the candidate can now lie 100% and say whatever they like to pander to the people and get their votes. Every single word out of Trump's mouth was a lie, and there he is, the PotUS. Not only that, he keeps spewing lies constantly even in office. Nobody seems to mind.

So I mean, the Rock could tell the American people he'll make every single one of them a millionaire instantly on day one. They'd believe him. They'd vote for him. It'd obviously be a lie. They wouldn't care. Not even after they realized they weren't millionaires after all.

I don't care who it is, as long as they go back to a sentient creature for next time.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we Americans need to change the way voting works. No more political ads, no campaigns, none of the worthless debates. You walk in and take a 50 question test based on policy also listing importance to you and whatever candidate most closely matches your answers becomes your vote. Done and done.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    I think we Americans need to change the way voting works. No more political ads, no campaigns, none of the worthless debates. You walk in and take a 50 question test based on policy also listing importance to you and whatever candidate most closely matches your answers becomes your vote. Done and done.
    Obvious flaw being that you are entirely at the mercy of the framing of the policy questions (i.e. do you think (partisan political objective) or that dogs should be raped?). Don't trust authority nearly enough for such nonsense. If you want a 50 question general civics test to be able to vote at all, I'd be willing to brave crafting one that could satisfy the strict scrutiny required to permit it, though.

My thoughts are that the Rock is only doing this as a publicity stunt, and is not actually going to run for President. Yes, he filled out the paperwork - but any shmoe can do that...

Now, a better question is "hypothetically speaking" would the Rock win? Sadly, yeah, i'd hand it to the dummies to vote for him if he did run, but sadly he wouldn't win if Dumbass Dump is still legaly able to run for president. >_<

I do not believe The Rock can defeat The Donald in an election. Donald understands politics and the world while Rock isn't a very bright individual

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    From Dubya to Sarah Palin to Trump. Surely, the rock bottom has been hit.
    I keep thinking the same thing but it's like tempting Fate; she shows us how wrong we all are every time.

I'm tired of half-assed celebrities that don't know anything of what to do...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    My thoughts are that the Rock is only doing this as a publicity stunt, and is not actually going to run for President. Yes, he filled out the paperwork - but any shmoe can do that...
    Nuh uh, I'm not gonna make that mistake again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Because the one thing the Rock lacks is publicity? ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Donald understands politics
    This was sarcasm right? Please tell me this was sarcasm...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    This was sarcasm right? Please tell me this was sarcasm...
    Look at his post history and abandon hope.