10+ Year Old Account
    Can you recomend me something alike Darksiders? I admit i got fun playing it.

And don't need be settled in apocaliptic theme. Maybe some fantasy or something.

Deleted
    Hi, this time I'm looking for a coop strategy game. Something like Rise of Mythos but not P2W or Wizard101 but without a sub or Gems of War but with coop mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got an interesting one. Its less requesting a game and more 'help me remember a game' sort of thing. It was a fairly old top-down vehicular war game, and I know it was at least on the PS1, not sure about other systems. Anyway, you had a set number of vehicles in an underground shelter, the vehicles were sort of your lives, because if you ran out of them all it is over. You have small jeeps that can only attack with explosives, they can also inflate rafts underneath the car and float on water. There are also helicopters, and some sort of tanks (not sure how many different kinds, I mostly remember the jeeps and the helicopters). If you go too far outside the edges of the map with a helicopter, a Submarine will surface and one shot you. Oh, and the weirdest thing is when you complete a mission, a clip of the following speech is played:

(0:23)

Help?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    I've recently got hooked into heavy Story-driven games like Until Dawn and Life is Strange. It all started with Until Dawn which was "free" on PS+ and I had to finish it in about two sessions. I'm currently going through Life is Strange (episode 2) and will probably finish the series after this weekend. I'm taking in suggestions for any other similar Story-driven narrative games. Less gameplay there is the better and full voice acting is a must. I could perhaps watch a movie but that's not the point.

In the past I've played through Beyond: Two Souls on PS3 and Walking Dead Episode 1 on PC, but honestly Telltale games aren't what I'm looking for, I just can't get into their graphic comic-like style, that's all. Platform-wise both PC and PS4 are possible.
    Heavy Rain is great if you haven't been spoiled to the ending yet, and while there is a ton of fighting gameplay I rarely seen a game with as good of a story as Yakuza. The original, never had the chance to play the rest of the series. There are games like Uncharted which from what I've seen are just interactive action movies.

Yo! Anyone has tried FFXII: The zodiac age? I played back in 2006 and I remember being disappointed and struggling a lot with the combat system (maybe I was really bad idk lol) but I heard the remaster brings a new job system or something like that and I want to know if it changes things considerably.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Can you recomend me something alike Darksiders? I admit i got fun playing it.

And don't need be settled in apocaliptic theme. Maybe some fantasy or something.
    DmC: Devil May Cry!

Deleted
    Looking for an MMO or MMORPG where I can:
    - Progess in solo play with group Elements
    - choose from traditionell classes (Tank,heal,DD)
    - where there is end game content witch does not require to raid 3 days a week to achieve smth (rather Like it casual)
    - don't care about F2P or B2P
    - also like PvP Elements

What can u suggest?
    Greetings

Quote Originally Posted by Talice View Post
    Looking for an MMO or MMORPG where I can:
    - Progess in solo play with group Elements
    - choose from traditionell classes (Tank,heal,DD)
    - where there is end game content witch does not require to raid 3 days a week to achieve smth (rather Like it casual)
    - don't care about F2P or B2P
    - also like PvP Elements

What can u suggest?
    Greetings
    Two that I can highly recommend are Guild Wars 2 or Final Fantasy 14.

You don't have to fully commit to raiding in either however Guild Wars 2 does take a bit of effort if you want the best gear (lot of crafting involved).

While GW2 doesn't have the holy trinity it still plays decently. And some classes can be built similar to the trinity. FF14 has the traditional trinity.

Both of them you can progress just fine solo. FF14 does require you to do some group content to progress the story however none of it is difficult. Guild Wars 2 is a bit story tied as well but the story is built around solo play.

GW2 is B2P and FF14 is sub based.

One disadvantage of FF14 is the PvP is not exactly stellar. GW2 however has half decent PvP. Sadly I'm not very huge on PvP so the only game I can really offer for PvP is GW2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Two that I can highly recommend are Guild Wars 2 or Final Fantasy 14.

You don't have to fully commit to raiding in either however Guild Wars 2 does take a bit of effort if you want the best gear (lot of crafting involved).

While GW2 doesn't have the holy trinity it still plays decently. And some classes can be built similar to the trinity. FF14 has the traditional trinity.

Both of them you can progress just fine solo. FF14 does require you to do some group content to progress the story however none of it is difficult. Guild Wars 2 is a bit story tied as well but the story is built around solo play.

GW2 is B2P and FF14 is sub based.

One disadvantage of FF14 is the PvP is not exactly stellar. GW2 however has half decent PvP. Sadly I'm not very huge on PvP so the only game I can really offer for PvP is GW2.
    Thanks for your recommondations! I've played FF14 when it came out, was also quite active in raiding with my bard. I had loots of fun doing stuff, even though - Im not a huge fan of housing. So - I'll give it another shot, I guess theres much to do, since I have to go through both expansions and I hope that the story is as good as it was back then.

Many thanks, and maybe - see you ingame?!

Greetings

Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    Yo! Anyone has tried FFXII: The zodiac age? I played back in 2006 and I remember being disappointed and struggling a lot with the combat system (maybe I was really bad idk lol) but I heard the remaster brings a new job system or something like that and I want to know if it changes things considerably.
    Bought it a few days ago. My impressions:

Mostly, the game is the same as it used to be. Vaan is still a bumbling idiot of epic proportions miscast in a story way over his head and he still doesn't realize it; and it's still way too hard to ignore his pitiful existence and play the real main character of the tale - Balthier. The story is still taking major and unnecessary detours taking 10+ hours, making you forget what you were actually doing. And the game director is still having this idea that players love to be permanently punished for random occurrences beyond their control. At least there are no more occurrences of "if you open one of twelve random average-looking treasure chests in the gameworld you're screwed from ever getting the best weapon in the game". But similar things still exists. Oh well.

The graphics is obviously upgraded, and there is a fast forward button that speeds up the game speed by a factor of 2x or 4x. This feature is awesome, as it makes grinding much faster, and allows those 10+ hour story detour to only take 2.5 hours. To me, it feels the game story is more coherent as a result. It doesn't speed up cutscenes, or ingame timers, and I ended up playing with this speedup enabled almost all the time - though walking at 4x speed took some time getting used to.

On the game mechanics side, Licences (levelup powerups) and Gambits (programmable AI) is still the core of the gameplay. For better or worse. You can still set the game up to play mostly itself if you're going for it. That's a criticism of the original FF12, and it has not changed one bit.

The main feature of the remastered version is indeed the job system. in the original, every character could learn every ability. In this version, you have to choose one out of 12 classes for each of your characters. The class limits which licence board upgrades you can learn - and once selected you can never change class again. Effectively, this promotes swapping in and out characters more - but it also prevents you from truly abusing the system making the healer-mage-tank you always wanted to be. I'm torn on the idea; but it's actually working out okay. I hear there is a way to learn a second class on each character, so you can actually try out all 12 classes without replaying - but so far that seems a pipe dream. So far, being limited by classes hasn't impacted me too much, but I'm slowly getting to the point where I feel there are no more cool stuff to upgrade to in my license boards.

There are also some new stuff. An extra dungeon where mobs get brutally hard (or so they say, not there yet!). A new-game + where beginner mobs are challenging for lvl 90 players. A new game plus hardcore mode (called trial mode) where you cannot level up ever. And best of all - autosave on every zone transition, saving your ass in case you forgot to save the last 4 hours. Also, there's a gazillion new chests around, apparently to counter act that your class selection makes half of the old chests utterly useless. The chests are still utterly random what you get, you might get a gamebreaking new piece of equipment... or 12 gil. You never know. Re-enter the zone and try again and hope for a better RNG outcome (chests respawn on zone transition this time around, rather than 1 hour later). Blame the game director for this, really, but it's at least better than it used to be.

Finally, you can now control guest party members through gambit or direct control. On the upside, you can tell them to do useful stuff rather than just hit things with their fists. On the downside, they use your items rather than their own infinite pocket of elixirs (Nerf to Larsa). Still, it's a worthwhile change.

Playing the game a second time in HD actually feels like a good change. But I suggest most of it because it is my second time. I know who these characters are this time around, and unlike the first time where all I saw was some armor-clad judges I had no idea who was were talking evil to each other, I actually know the motives of each of them. I know what each character has to do in a story, and thus the story feels better the second time around. For a first time player, I suppose this will be just as confusing as it was to me the first time around.

As such, this game is still for the especially interested. But if you played FF12 previously, FF12 is a polished version of the game you used to know. It's still designed by someone who has an alien idea of what is fun, but it's less annoying this time around. Except Vaan that is. If I could drop him into an incinerator, I would. No hesitation. The story and the game would be so much better for it. For anyone else, this is the best review of FF12 (original) I ever saw: http://socksmakepeoplesexy.net/index.php?a=ff12 - and all points still apply.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Bought it a few days ago. My impressions:

Mostly, the game is the same as it used to be. Vaan is still a bumbling idiot of epic proportions miscast in a story way over his head and he still doesn't realize it; and it's still way too hard to ignore his pitiful existence and play the real main character of the tale - Balthier. The story is still taking major and unnecessary detours taking 10+ hours, making you forget what you were actually doing. And the game director is still having this idea that players love to be permanently punished for random occurrences beyond their control. At least there are no more occurrences of "if you open one of twelve random average-looking treasure chests in the gameworld you're screwed from ever getting the best weapon in the game". But similar things still exists. Oh well.

The graphics is obviously upgraded, and there is a fast forward button that speeds up the game speed by a factor of 2x or 4x. This feature is awesome, as it makes grinding much faster, and allows those 10+ hour story detour to only take 2.5 hours. To me, it feels the game story is more coherent as a result. It doesn't speed up cutscenes, or ingame timers, and I ended up playing with this speedup enabled almost all the time - though walking at 4x speed took some time getting used to.

On the game mechanics side, Licences (levelup powerups) and Gambits (programmable AI) is still the core of the gameplay. For better or worse. You can still set the game up to play mostly itself if you're going for it. That's a criticism of the original FF12, and it has not changed one bit.

The main feature of the remastered version is indeed the job system. in the original, every character could learn every ability. In this version, you have to choose one out of 12 classes for each of your characters. The class limits which licence board upgrades you can learn - and once selected you can never change class again. Effectively, this promotes swapping in and out characters more - but it also prevents you from truly abusing the system making the healer-mage-tank you always wanted to be. I'm torn on the idea; but it's actually working out okay. I hear there is a way to learn a second class on each character, so you can actually try out all 12 classes without replaying - but so far that seems a pipe dream. So far, being limited by classes hasn't impacted me too much, but I'm slowly getting to the point where I feel there are no more cool stuff to upgrade to in my license boards.

There are also some new stuff. An extra dungeon where mobs get brutally hard (or so they say, not there yet!). A new-game + where beginner mobs are challenging for lvl 90 players. A new game plus hardcore mode (called trial mode) where you cannot level up ever. And best of all - autosave on every zone transition, saving your ass in case you forgot to save the last 4 hours. Also, there's a gazillion new chests around, apparently to counter act that your class selection makes half of the old chests utterly useless. The chests are still utterly random what you get, you might get a gamebreaking new piece of equipment... or 12 gil. You never know. Re-enter the zone and try again and hope for a better RNG outcome (chests respawn on zone transition this time around, rather than 1 hour later). Blame the game director for this, really, but it's at least better than it used to be.

Finally, you can now control guest party members through gambit or direct control. On the upside, you can tell them to do useful stuff rather than just hit things with their fists. On the downside, they use your items rather than their own infinite pocket of elixirs (Nerf to Larsa). Still, it's a worthwhile change.

Playing the game a second time in HD actually feels like a good change. But I suggest most of it because it is my second time. I know who these characters are this time around, and unlike the first time where all I saw was some armor-clad judges I had no idea who was were talking evil to each other, I actually know the motives of each of them. I know what each character has to do in a story, and thus the story feels better the second time around. For a first time player, I suppose this will be just as confusing as it was to me the first time around.

As such, this game is still for the especially interested. But if you played FF12 previously, FF12 is a polished version of the game you used to know. It's still designed by someone who has an alien idea of what is fun, but it's less annoying this time around. Except Vaan that is. If I could drop him into an incinerator, I would. No hesitation. The story and the game would be so much better for it. For anyone else, this is the best review of FF12 (original) I ever saw: http://socksmakepeoplesexy.net/index.php?a=ff12 - and all points still apply.
    Hey, thanks for taking your time writing that it's just what I needed, I think I'll give it a try and get it next week

What MMORPG are you playing?

Just curious as to what MMORPG's are out and are worth checking out? With work & personal life slowing down, I think I finally have some time to devote to gaming again. Other than WoW, what games are you guys playing? Black Desert FFXIV: Stormblood look pretty cool? Any suggestions?

FF14, GW2 and WoW at the moment. Along with Skyforge on PS4.

I would highly recommend FF14. It has it's good points and bad points as does Guild Wars 2.

If you have a console then I would recommend Skyforge or Elder Scrolls Online. Although you can also get them for PC. I just prefer playing them on my PS4.

FF14 is my choice, I feel it's a better game than WoW since you can do all the classes on a single character and gearing is not limited to RNG on RNG with some RNG thrown in. Download the trial and see what you think. If you like it, get ARR, and if you continue to like it, buy Stormblood, since that now includes the previous expansion, Heavensward.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    FF14 is my choice, I feel it's a better game than WoW since you can do all the classes on a single character and gearing is not limited to RNG on RNG with some RNG thrown in. Download the trial and see what you think. If you like it, get ARR, and if you continue to like it, buy Stormblood, since that now includes the previous expansion, Heavensward.
    I played FFXIV in beta then for a few months after release, then some time in heavensward. I just had a hard time finding a group to do anything to do the end game content coming in so late in the expansion...but I guess that's how it is with any mmo

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried FF14, couldn't get past the 2.5s GCD and slow as hell combat(and yes, I did play the classes that have ways to reduce it, it's not enough)... Don't know what the hell they were thinking with that one. I'm used to a close to 1s GCD, the lowest you can get the GCD in 14 is right about 2 seconds, it's just too slow to be enjoyable.

Right now I'm playing WoW and ESO.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Tried FF14, couldn't get past the 2.5s GCD and slow as hell combat(and yes, I did play the classes that have ways to reduce it, it's not enough)... Don't know what the hell they were thinking with that one. I'm used to a close to 1s GCD, the lowest you can get the GCD in 14 is right about 2 seconds, it's just too slow to be enjoyable.

Right now I'm playing WoW and ESO.
    I'm on my free trial right now and I love the combat. It makes my spells feel big and impactful, and every class has a specific goal in mind.

To me, the downside is how overwhelming it is, quests, fates, duties, instanced quests, levequests, etc. Another downside is that most classes can only be unlocked at a certain level. I'm not sure how long a free trial goes for, but I sure as hell know it won't get me to level 50 so I can try my intended class (Red Mage). Oh, and the UI isn't much to brag about either, especially when it comes to looking at maps.

Otherwise, it's all great. Comparing it to WoW, since that's something all of us here have in common, it feels like a next generation version. Better graphics with more variety in models (open faced robes, closed robes, hooded robes, all of which blow in the wind, my character actually has a TAIL HOLE in the robe instead of it just clipping through, and little ear grooves in the hood, so my ears can stay under it but not be either cut off or clipping through!) better atmosphere, less emphasis on endgame content, no silly race war dividing half the playerbase...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    I'm on my free trial right now and I love the combat. It makes my spells feel big and impactful
    and it makes me feel like I'm standing there doing nothing 99% of the fight, it's like playing a Paladin in Vanilla all over again.

To me, the downside is how overwhelming it is, quests, fates, duties, instanced quests, levequests, etc.
    I honestly felt the game did a fine job of introducing the player to those... I mean hell, they make you do "training" before you can even set foot in an instance.

Another downside is that most classes can only be unlocked at a certain level. I'm not sure how long a free trial goes for, but I sure as hell know it won't get me to level 50
    It goes to 35.

Otherwise, it's all great. Comparing it to WoW, since that's something all of us here have in common, it feels like a next generation version.
    in all ways except the GCD and the next quote, I agree with you... The graphical upgrades and massive improvement on armor and clothing models is outstanding and something WoW sorely needs... But slowing the combat down so much to the point where it takes no skill at all to do your rotation since you never have to think on your feet and multitask is bad, it bored me half to death, especially in PvP.

no silly race war dividing half the playerbase...
    I disagree, factions give PvP purpose aside from "kill each other, because reasons"... If you don't care about PvP I can understand your viewpoint, but PvP always feels hollow to me in games without factions.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-08-04 at 12:29 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyamoto View Post
    I played FFXIV in beta then for a few months after release, then some time in heavensward. I just had a hard time finding a group to do anything to do the end game content coming in so late in the expansion...but I guess that's how it is with any mmo
    The improvements to the Party Finder allowing cross-server groups by data center help with that, long as you don't mind PUG's. Might have trouble with a static, might not.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    I disagree, factions give PvP purpose aside from "kill each other, because reasons"... If you don't care about PvP I can understand your viewpoint, but PvP always feels hollow to me in games without factions.
    In FF the PvP is war games between the Grand Companies, those are your 'factions'. There's no World PvP, and I say THANK FUCKING GOD cos nothing ruins PvE faster than 'but it has to be balanced for PEE VEE PEEEEEEEEEE!!!' bullshit. FF was smart, they overhauled the PvP in 4.0 and made it completely separate mechanically from PvE, nice and simple so anyone can jump right in and enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account

Looking for a medieval open world western RPG

First of all let me list some of the recent ones I finished:

1-Dragon Age series including the last one inquisition.
    2-Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen
    3-Pillars of Eternity
    4-The Witcher series
    5-Dark Souls series and Bloodborne
    6-The Elder Scrolls series: Morrowind, Oblivion,and Skyrim including the remaster HD special edition
    7-Lords of the Fallen
    8-Hellblade:Senua's Sacrifice
    9-Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor
    10-Tyranny
    11-Baldur Gates series

I am sure I forgot some but yeah these are the ones that came to my mind at the moment. Thanks for reading and I appreciate your help.
    Last edited by Velshin; 2017-08-11 at 08:16 PM.