Poll: Will Solo Queue save ranked pvp?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nameistoolongforthiswebsi View Post
    You won't have interesting games because they're gonna be full of 1500 scrubs like you who refuse to use voice and communicate, ever played skirmishes? It's going to be exactly that, just worse because then all the noobs will swarm it in hopes that good players carry their rating to glad.
    Complete and utter BS.

You will have 1500 games at 1500. At 2500 you will have 2500 games. And the increased player base will help advance PVP both materially and idea-wise, the puny arenas we had before will seem like 19th century compared to 21st.

(Now, none of that will happen, but only because the dev team are inept morons who can't do shit / are defunded to the point where there's no one capable of lifting a finger. That's it.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Complete and utter BS.

You will have 1500 games at 1500. At 2500 you will have 2500 games. And the increased player base will help advance PVP both materially and idea-wise, the puny arenas we had before will seem like 19th century compared to 21st.

(Now, none of that will happen, but only because the dev team are inept morons who can't do shit / are defunded to the point where there's no one capable of lifting a finger. That's it.)
    Your skill isn't going to go up if you don't know how to play and you get carried by hundreds of randoms who are better than you, it isn't a good indicator of skill. Arenas isn't even a good indicator of skill in the first place but at least if you voice with consistent teammates and push rating that deserves to be rewarded.

Solo queue = skirmishes that reward glad.

It's fucking retarded and I'll stand by that statement, solo queue is a retarded idea designed to help casuals get rewards from rated PvP.

If solo queue ever gets implemented then it should have zero rewards, nothing to gain from it just like duels. That's the only way I can see it ever being okay to add into the game. Players should NEVER be able to obtain gladiator title from skirmishes, period.

Arena rewards should be rewarded to those who find teammates and use voice to work towards a common goal, not to players basically doing skirmishes with randoms they don't know and getting lucky when they beat another team that is also random.

Also, what's to stop players from abusing premades? You'll never gain rating against a good team that uses voice and knows how to play.

Solo queue is a terrible idea and anybody who has gone 2k+ in arenas knows it as well.
    Last edited by mmoc8295fb0554; 2017-03-23 at 05:46 PM.

Your skill isn't going to go up if you don't know how to play and you get carried by hundreds of randoms who are better than you, it isn't a good indicator of skill. Arenas isn't even a good indicator of skill in the first place but at least if you voice with consistent teammates and push rating that deserves to be rewarded.

Solo queue = skirmishes that reward glad.

It's fucking retarded and I'll stand by that statement, solo queue is a retarded idea designed to help casuals get rewards from rated PvP.

If solo queue ever gets implemented then it should have zero rewards, nothing to gain from it just like duels. That's the only way I can see it ever being okay to add into the game. Players should NEVER be able to obtain gladiator title from skirmishes, period.

Arena rewards should be rewarded to those who find teammates and use voice to work towards a common goal, not to players basically doing skirmishes with randoms they don't know and getting lucky when they beat another team that is also random.

Also, what's to stop players from abusing premades? You'll never gain rating against a good team that uses voice and knows how to play.

Solo queue is a terrible idea and anybody who has gone 2k+ in arenas knows it as well.
    You talk down to everyone and sound like a massive pr*ck. Your so salty and arrogant. It's painful to read the garbage you post on here given your sense of exclusive entitlement.
    Last edited by sarkarin; 2017-03-23 at 07:15 PM.

Lol sure, you're asking for solo queue because you're bad and you can't find any arena partners that'll stay with you long enough for 10 games. Solo queue is your solution to this problem which forces people to join your group unknowingly.
    Seriously, shut the fuck up with these retarded insults. You have no idea what experience I have. I'm a gladiator, and have been playing at gladiator level for many many seasons now, ontop of that I'm a masters student in Computer Science so please, just shut the fuck up about my skill level, knowledge and everything else for that matter.

LFG is a bad source of friendship and I have no idea where you got this idea from but it's clear that you've never actually played before LFG came out. I got 2.9k by making friends in the duel zone. Lol.
    Yeah, I've played WoW since early vanilla so please, again shut the fuck up. If you weren't on a big PvP realm back in the day odds were you were going to be stuck on 2.2K because of the lack of high caliber players of specs that your own could play with. And the playerbase is much smaller now than it was back then, so gl. Just because that's "how you did it back in the day" everyone else should suffer now, yeah makes sense.

LFG is full of people who lie about their rating and CR, you're going to get the same exact people queuing via solo queue hoping to get their free carry.
    I don't know where you got this idea that people don't lie about their rating/exp in trade or in dueling areas, it's the exact same. And no, people are not asking for "free carries", are you stupid? Do you not know how a ranked solo queue system works/would work? There's a reason there's MMR and a ladder involved. It's to get people of similar skill level playing with one another. But your logic unit is clearly very small and clearly can't handle figuring that out.

Solo queue would solve nothing, it would just encourage less social interaction and more "gogogog" attitude in the game.
    It would get people playing with eachother, leading to people talking to eachother instead of instantly rejecting eachother in LFG/Trade. So no, you're wrong - it lowers the interaction prior to playing together, but increases social interaction overall because people get playing and start talking to eachother while playing. Do you seriously think people's network of friends they're willing to queue normally with will get smaller because of solo queue? Compared to sitting in trade/lfg for hours, sometimes days and weeks without playing more than 15 games or so and then ditching/getting ditched? Really? Seriously.

AT didn't die out because it was on the same patch, it died out because it merged with Warmane and along with that solo queue was added due to crybabies like you who couldn't push rating, then it really dropped dead.
    Yeah, so you at least agree it was because of bad marketing (by Warmane).

Yeah, bring any evidence of the fact that "crybabies who couldn't push rating" are the only ones who want solo queue and that solo queue killed AT. Because to everyone else (who's not a 3.3.5 private server fanboy) it seems a lot more logical that the amount of people who wanted to play a 3.3.5 PvP only realm simply was becoming too low as people were getting burned out / bored of it after having done it for so long.

To everyone else reading this (person I'm replying to probably wont understand this because you've got he's got his head stuck up his ass too far): Imagine if retail WoW was to stay still on the very same patch for 5+ years, don't you think PvP would die out pretty quickly? This is actually one of the main reasons against Legacy servers (no this is not about legacy servers and Im not taking sides but the argument still is true). The server being stagnant means players will get bored quickly which eventually leads to empty servers. You can even see it happen during long patch cycles today (moreso in previous expansions but still).

But I'm curious, if you can find partners on your own then why would you need solo queue? You said you want RATED solo queue, that means you've got the sole aim of pushing rating to receive rewards.
    There are times when I want to play on my own, there are times when my partners are not online and there are times when I want to play alts. And I still want to play in a competitive environment, because that's what's fun about PvP.

Stop lying, you're looking for an easy way to push rating by forcing better players to join your group and carry you without actually having to ask for a carry.
    Can you be more ignorant? Stop the fucking retarded logic already please. You don't seem to understand the concept of MMR. There wouldn't be no "better players" carrying anyone, it would be players of similar MMR (skill) with and against eachother so that no one has to carry. But again, since you don't understand the concept of MMR and rating I guess there's the other option which might be more suitable for you: You don't have to participate if you don't like getting carried in solo queue.

You have no intention of just "experimenting", if you want to "experiment" do skirmishes. And that excuse with no friends being online is utter bullshit, back then we didn't just "find new people to play with" if our partners weren't online, we actually waited for them to log in. You're just impatient as fuck and it's glaringly obvious.
    Stop telling me what I want to do and what I don't. Really, your attitude is even worse than mine. And stop acting so fucking clueless, skirmishes are not the same as a rated environment, you know that, stop acting stupid. Every game ever has proved that - even WoW. And stop this retarded "back in the day we..." bullshit. The game is different from back then, participation is at an all time low. Finding partners is incredibly hard for most people. Get. It. Into. Your. Head. Just because that's how you did it back in your beloved "days" that's not how it has to be done throughout eternity. Tons of people are quitting because it is incredibly hard to find people to play with - and solo queue would alleviate this issue, regardless of how much you dislike it. Doing nothing and waiting for the ship to sink does nothing to help the situation.

Solo queue is a beggar's tactic to achieve rating and always has been, don't try to treat it as anything else but that. Also it's a breeding ground for autists who don't want to voice or talk, just type "gogogogogogogogoggg" and ragequit if it doesn't all work out.
    Solo queue is a way for people to get into somewhat serious games instead of sitting in LFG/Trade for hours, days and weeks. Also, voice chat could easily be implemented (Blizzard recently added bnet voice capabilities which could be extended into WoW) just like any and all other solo queue PvP games. Just because AT did it an a bad way Blizzard doesn't have to do it half-arsed. And again, if you don't want to participate stay the fuck out (I wouldn't want you there anyway since you reek of the AT "ragequit" type of player).
    Last edited by RelaZ; 2017-03-23 at 07:43 PM.

Deleted
    @ Relaz.

Rating/MMR is NOT an indicator of skill, a 3.1k xped player could be starting all over again at 1.5k mmr and if he joined a group where his partners had a max xp of 1550, they wouldn't be able to keep up with the 3.1k xped player.

It would NEVER be equal, hence the reason why people demand xp before inviting you to the group, so they know you can keep up with them.

Computer sciences blah blah blah, all that shit is rendered null as soon as you log into this game.

Have you seen LFR? Nobody talks, everybody kept rambling on for years demanding that Blizzard add LFR to the game, they did eventually and look at it.

A complete autism fest, this is the same exact thing that'll happen in solo queue.

People can't lie about their xp or rating in the duel zone because we can inspect them, we can duel them and see how good they really are. That's the main reason why I went to the duel zone to find partners, it was perfect to test players before they joined your group for World PvP raids or arenas.

Like I said, rewarding players gladiator titles for skirmishes is such a dumb fucking idea that it shouldn't even be considered. I am against this idea as it'll encourage more casual behavior and reward players for little effort.

If you really want solo queue just go play skirmishes you fucking dumbshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sarkarin View Post
    You talk down to everyone and sound like a massive pr*ck. Your so salty and arrogant. It's painful to read the garbage you post on here given your sense of exclusive entitlement.
    It's not garbage, it's experience.

Rank 1 experience.

I talk down to these people because I know exactly what they want from this. They want their free gladiator title so they can rub elbows with the big boys and feel good about themselves.

It's no better than getting boosted or piloted tbh, you sound like you're salty.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    If they do implement it, they'd have to replace skirmish with it or else no one will have a reason to do skirms any more as it will basically be the exact same but without giving you ranks/prizes/achieves/etc.

So basically what you are asking for is giving skirms the same benefit ranked gives. It'll definitely work the same way LFD/LFR does in that it'll diminish social aspect of the game and Blizzard is trying to get away from that.

Edit: Now that I think about it, Hoe-llinka is pretty much trying to destroy PvP, so he may actually do it.
    Sure, they could remove Skirmish and replace it with this, I'd be fine with that. Others might not but I wouldn't have an issue with that.

Ill also refer back to what I wrote earlier to the other guy (the retard), please disregard the profanity/bad language:

It would get people playing with eachother, leading to people talking to eachother instead of instantly rejecting eachother in LFG/Trade for days and weeks. So no, you're wrong - it lowers the interaction prior to playing together, but increases social interaction overall because people get playing and start talking to eachother while playing instead of standing afk in dueling zones/trade/lfg.

Also PvP inherently requires more interaction than LFD/LFR (PVE), in order to be successful you have to communicate (to have good solo queue voice comm would have to be implemented). No one cares in LFD/LFR because there is no point to it, you can slack all you want and still succeed. This is because LFD/LFR have a set difficulty which is very low, whereas PvP does not even have a set difficulty. Now imagine if Blizzard made LFD much harder, the likely outcome of that would be people in LFD starting to communicate and they would form friendships and thus get parties going for other content etc etc. That's what Solo queue Arena would be, because winning in PvP is a lot harder than killing undertuned PvE mobs and almost 100% requires voice comm (if they were to implement solo queue I think they definitely should add an easy way to start voice comm in the arena too).

Also another thing, people in PvP are not disposable in the way they are in PvE solo content. This is because Solo queue arena would be the #1 place to find people to play with in standard 3s. Because it would be the #1 place where people searching for partners would meet eachother (and on top of that get to see how they play). This, I'm convinced would make interaction between player much higher than it currently is!

But you're obviously free to have your own opinion. Have a nice day!

- - - Updated - - -

@ Relaz.

Rating/MMR is NOT an indicator of skill, a 3.1k xped player could be starting all over again at 1.5k mmr and if he joined a group where his partners had a max xp of 1550, they wouldn't be able to keep up with the 3.1k xped player.
    And there are perfectly good ways to avoid this situation given good coding and logic, oh lord guess what my Computer Science education actually helped me.

It would NEVER be equal, hence the reason why people demand xp before inviting you to the group, so they know you can keep up with them.
    Are you stupid? "MMR is not an indicator of skill" jesus christ. It will be equal, even if the system wouldn't do anything at all that 3.1k player would quickly win games and reach 3.1k again, otherwise (guess what) he's not a 3.1k caliber solo queue player - shocker!

The real issue here is lowbies having to face smurfs (i.e high rated players intentionally keeping their rating down on alts), but you don't even realize that and went and talked about a non-issue only a non-educated retard would talk about.

Computer sciences blah blah blah, all that shit is rendered null as soon as you log into this game.
    Again, I've already pointed out twice in this very post how your knowledge about how to design game systems is incredibly bad, maybe you should stop talking so much shit and increase your knowledge before talking.

Have you seen LFR? Nobody talks, everybody kept rambling on for years demanding that Blizzard add LFR to the game, they did eventually and look at it.

A complete autism fest, this is the same exact thing that'll happen in solo queue.
    Yeah, and again you show your incompetence. LFR difficulty is incredibly low. No one needs to apply themselves in order to succeed, that's not how arena works. In order to succeed in arena (even solo) you have to play well, unlike LFR/LFD. Implement easy to use automatic voice comm in solo queue and boom it becomes highly skillful.

People can't lie about their xp or rating in the duel zone because we can inspect them, we can duel them and see how good they really are. That's the main reason why I went to the duel zone to find partners, it was perfect to test players before they joined your group for World PvP raids or arenas.
    Yeah, and if you go to the duelling zones nowadays on any of the non-major PvP hubs you'll find it's completely empty. Gl finding your 2.9k partners there. And again you show your incompetence, I've found people who were great at duelling but absolutely horrible at arena. Why are you even bringing up World PvP in this discussion? Lastly I obviously ment lying in trade chat which was what people mainly used to find partners back in the day. And you can look up people's rating and experience just as well now as you could then. Just go to armory.

Like I said, rewarding players gladiator titles for skirmishes is such a dumb fucking idea that it shouldn't even be considered. I am against this idea as it'll encourage more casual behavior and reward players for little effort.
    It wouldn't be gladiator titles, and it wouldn't be skirmishes. Stop being fucking retarded.

If you really want solo queue just go play skirmishes you fucking dumbshit.
    Seriously, you're so stupid it's incomprehensible.
    Last edited by RelaZ; 2017-03-23 at 08:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RelaZ View Post
    Sure, they could remove Skirmish and replace it with this, I'd be fine with that. Others might not but I wouldn't have an issue with that.

Ill also refer back to what I wrote earlier to the other guy (the retard), please disregard the profanity/bad language:

It would get people playing with eachother, leading to people talking to eachother instead of instantly rejecting eachother in LFG/Trade for days and weeks. So no, you're wrong - it lowers the interaction prior to playing together, but increases social interaction overall because people get playing and start talking to eachother while playing instead of standing afk in dueling zones/trade/lfg.

Also PvP inherently requires more interaction than LFD/LFR (PVE), in order to be successful you have to communicate (to have good solo queue voice comm would have to be implemented). No one cares in LFD/LFR because there is no point to it, you can slack all you want and still succeed. This is because LFD/LFR have a set difficulty which is very low, whereas PvP does not even have a set difficulty. Now imagine if Blizzard made LFD much harder, the likely outcome of that would be people in LFD starting to communicate and they would form friendships and thus get parties going for other content etc etc. That's what Solo queue Arena would be, because winning in PvP is a lot harder than killing undertuned PvE mobs and almost 100% requires voice comm (if they were to implement solo queue I think they definitely should add an easy way to start voice comm in the arena too).

Also another thing, people in PvP are not disposable in the way they are in PvE solo content. This is because Solo queue arena would be the #1 place to find people to play with in standard 3s. Because it would be the #1 place where people searching for partners would meet eachother (and on top of that get to see how they play). This, I'm convinced would make interaction between player much higher than it currently is!

But you're obviously free to have your own opinion. Have a nice day!

- - - Updated - - -

And there are perfectly good ways to avoid this situation given good coding and logic, oh lord guess what my Computer Science education actually helped me.

Are you stupid? "MMR is not an indicator of skill" jesus christ. It will be equal, even if the system wouldn't do anything at all that 3.1k player would quickly win games and reach 3.1k again, otherwise (guess what) he's not a 3.1k caliber solo queue player - shocker!

The real issue here is lowbies having to face smurfs (i.e high rated players intentionally keeping their rating down on alts), but you don't even realize that and went and talked about a non-issue only a non-educated retard would talk about.

Again, I've already pointed out twice in this very post how your knowledge about how to design game systems is incredibly bad, maybe you should stop talking so much shit and increase your knowledge before talking.

Yeah, and again you show your incompetence. LFR difficulty is incredibly low. No one needs to apply themselves in order to succeed, that's not how arena works. In order to succeed in arena (even solo) you have to play well, unlike LFR/LFD. Implement easy to use automatic voice comm in solo queue and boom it becomes highly skillful.

Yeah, and if you go to the duelling zones nowadays on any of the non-major PvP hubs you'll find it's completely empty. Gl finding your 2.9k partners there. And again you show your incompetence, I've found people who were great at duelling but absolutely horrible at arena. Why are you even bringing up World PvP in this discussion? Lastly I obviously ment lying in trade chat which was what people mainly used to find partners back in the day. And you can look up people's rating and experience just as well now as you could then. Just go to armory.

It wouldn't be gladiator titles, and it wouldn't be skirmishes. Stop being fucking retarded.

Seriously, you're so stupid it's incomprehensible.

Quite often it's the person that has to repeatedly boast about his achievements and intelligence that usually is the stupid person in the group.

I'm more intelligent than you ever will be in your entire lifetime, I felt no need to fully express this fact as it wasn't relevant to the discussion. Fuck your petty computer science degree, seriously lmao, it means nothing.

What you're asking for is rated skirmishes that hand out the same titles as rated arenas.

I doubt you ever hit gladiator, and probably never will.

From what you've been saying so far sounds like a hamfisted attempt to "sound" like you're right but you're still repeating the same crap you did before.

You're the most retarded person I've spoken to on this website and that's saying something, maybe you should go play League of Legends? It sounds like a game more up your alley you filthy casual lmao.

Quite often it's the person that has to repeatedly boast about his achievements and intelligence that usually is the stupid person in the group.

I'm more intelligent than you ever will be in your entire lifetime, I felt no need to fully express this fact as it wasn't relevant to the discussion. Fuck your petty computer science degree, seriously lmao, it means nothing.

What you're asking for is rated skirmishes that hand out the same titles as rated arenas.

From what you've been saying so far sounds like a hamfisted attempt to "sound" like you're right but you're still repeating the same crap you did before.

You're the most retarded person I've spoken to on this website and that's saying something, maybe you should go play League of Legends? It sounds like a game more up your alley you filthy casual lmao.
    Nice reply.

Good to know you've confirmed the one boasting the most is the most stupid in the group.

How blind can you be. You started saying everyone disagreeing with you are fucking baddies, and now that I've gone out of my way to show you how you retarded you are I'm suddenly the one who's boasting about my achievements. Also you're clearly R1, clearly. AT R1? On another account right? Why is your claim of "R1 experience" more valid than my far more reasonable "gladiator" claim? Also you're clearly not boasting when you're saying you're more intelligent than I'll ever be in my lifetime. Yeah sure buddy, you're just shining with intelligence, those sentences of yours in and of themselves are so hypocritical its laughable. You're so fucking stupid it's insane.

Also nice of you to refute none of my points and at the same time proving you didn't understand a word of what I wrote.

I never said they should hand out the same titles as standard arenas, that's just you using your mongoloid logic to come to that conclusion. It's as if you think the only implementation of solo queue possible is the one on AT (which is probably why you're so anti the idea) which is the most simple and stupid implementation there is. If Blizzard were to do it (you know a real company) they'd obviously make it far better (just like all solo queue systems in all other PvP games are far better than AT solo queue).

Also it's not skirmishes as MMR and the ladder aspect changes how people play, you still havn't understood that and probably never will.

I'm done arguing with you, you bring up no valid points and all you have are ad hominem attacks and retarded views of how things are/would be. "MMR is not an indication of skill" lol, nice one.

You're just another one of the poor raging AT kids who's mommy wouldn't pay for retail.
    Last edited by RelaZ; 2017-03-23 at 09:36 PM.

So intelligent you can't figure out that without the "scrubs" that "dont deserve anything" filling up the bottom 70% of the ladder, you wouldn't be able to earn a title. You lack extremly basic understanding of how the system even works.

By all means, though, keep up with the strawmen and appeals to authority. It's amusing as all hell.

- - - Updated - - -
    It's not garbage, it's experience.

Rank 1 experience.

I talk down to these people because I know exactly what they want from this. They want their free gladiator title so they can rub elbows with the big boys and feel good about themselves.

It's no better than getting boosted or piloted tbh, you sound like you're salty.
    Hey buddy your Therapist called.

Narcissists

There are several types of people who are overconfident and there are many reasons that someone might act this way. For instance they might be 'narcissists'. A narcissist is a personality type originally identified by Freud that is outwardly overconfident, vein and superior. In very extreme cases this can even lead to delusions of grandeur where the person thinks that they are somehow invincible or Godlike when the reality may be very different.

The narcissist is named after the Greek story of Narcissus. In this story Narcissus falls in love with his own reflection and thus gets frozen at the side of the river until he eventually withers and dies and turns into a small flower (of the same name). Symptoms include overinflated sense of worth, lack of empathy, striving for attention, and an obsession with fantasies of great success. But are they really as invincible as they seem?

In reality the truth is often no, and Freud described the narcissist as someone who is using their overinflated sense of self worth as a defense mechanism. Perhaps they felt unloved as a child and so they decided to direct their own love towards themselves. Or perhaps they believe they are invincible because they are afraid of the real world and they don't want to get hurt by it – they imagine themselves to be invincible so that they can feel safe and secure in the knowledge that they can't be harmed. While they seem very content, the narcissist actually relies on the appreciation and approval of others in order to feed their ego and without that they will feel lost. They will also though react very badly to criticisms and for this reason the solution is not to just attack them in an attempt to bring their ego back under control – you need to be careful and polite unless you want to damage their self esteem irreparably and be responsible for some kind of breakdown.

Taken from http://www.healthguidance.org

Deleted
    I'd be in favour of solo queue. Even if it meant coming up against proper teams. Maybe some kind of algorithm that tried to prioritize solo comps against other solo comps could be helpful. I do think solo queue would largely benefit the likes of Rogues & Mages who have good synergy with a larger number of classes but hopefully some more balancing would be done to try even it out a little more. It would increase activity in Arena/RBG's and allow players to socialize more and find partners currently at similar MMR.

I would imagine the progression would be something like:
    Solo queue from 0 rating
    Get up to about 1500 rating (Around this rating the average solo player would have a 50/50 win loss ratio)
    Player solo queues with more of a focus on finding team mates
    Player grows variety of team mates and playable comps
    Player pushes higher ratings with premade comps

I mean, ideally that's how I would imagine it would be. Unfortunately, I feel solo queue would potentially unleash a new level of toxicity but that could be sorted with stricter punishments. Increased participation in rated PvP can only be a good thing in my opinion so my views on this are slightly biased.

Quote Originally Posted by Skittil View Post
    with premade comps
    Solo queue means NO (edit: typo) premade comps to me, or am I missing something? Also you are right, solo queue will advantage the classes that synergyzes the most with the other classes.
    Last edited by Aleax; 2017-03-24 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Typo

It would be one thing if nameistoolongforthiswebsi raged and cussed but provided some actual thoughts which could then be debated.

But unfortunately, all of what he is saying is like this:

"It's fucking retarded and I'll stand by that statement, solo queue is a retarded idea designed to help casuals get rewards from rated PvP. If solo queue ever gets implemented then it should have zero rewards, nothing to gain from it just like duels. That's the only way I can see it ever being okay to add into the game. Players should NEVER be able to obtain gladiator title from skirmishes, period."

Once you get past all the "fucking" and "retarded", you are left with "solo queue is bad because it is a bad idea, it should have zero rewards because it should have zero rewards, that's my opinion, period".

That just isn't an argument. It's "I know, guys, trust me, I am rank 1 bla bla bla". Go say that in Dalaran, maybe someone there cares.
    Last edited by rda; 2017-03-24 at 09:03 AM.

I've waited for solo queu RBG, ever since it was released.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazeari View Post
    I've waited for solo queu RBG, ever since it was released.
    Solo queue RBG would work better than Solo queue Arenas anyway.

(I edited my last post (I made a typo))

Solo queue is an interesting idea.. A lot of the points above could work, like making it so solo queue is separate from the pre-made ladder - completely disagree...

If you split them, your dividing the community up even more - Put them all in the same ladder, premades will 9 times out of 10 rape solo queuers which will encourage people to make friends and pvp connections to progress but at the same time gives new pvpers a chance to get experience and ''gear'' (just go pve for a week and you'll get more gear than pvping for 4 months! WORST IDEA BLIZZARD EVER HAD!)..

It's an idea - but I'm personally completely against splitting the solo and premade ladders - keep them as 1 community!

- - - Updated - - -

But only solo queue arena - fuck RBG solo queue sorry.. Basically will just give premade teams a free boost to 2k instantly

Deleted
    I would love soloqueue arena. Dont really see how people can be against it cus of "shit teammates", if you get bad teammates it's pretty safe to assume you have bad rating(probably one you belong at), easy as that. Problem is, most "kids" lack the ability to analyze a loss and often jump to conclusions(I did xxxXXXxxx DPS, how could we lose - blame the healer etc). For me soloqueue would be a much better addition to rated play simply to find people to queue with, rather than going through LFG for hours to find a good match.

That being said, I would like to see some things for it to be somewhat viable against premade teams:

- Putting the team in to the blizzard voice at start, with the ability to quickly mute if needed.
    - Some sort of "avoid" function(that only work for teammates(we all know it would be used to avoid better players otherwise).
    - The ability to requeue with the same team, like skirmish.
    - Queue preference, for the people willing to sit in queue for 15 minutes to find a specific comp.

And as always, if you don't like it, don't play it.
    Last edited by mmoca1e805d462; 2017-04-15 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rawrgaea View Post
    I would love soloqueue arena. Dont really see how people can be against it cus of "shit teammates", if you get bad teammates it's pretty safe to assume you have bad rating(probably one you belong at), easy as that. Problem is, most "kids" lack the ability to analyze a loss and often jump to conclusions(I did xxxXXXxxx DPS, how could we lose - blame the healer etc). For me soloqueue would be a much better addition to rated play simply to find people to queue with, rather than going through LFG for hours to find a good match.

That being said, I would like to see some things for it to be somewhat viable against premade teams:

- Putting the team in to the blizzard voice at start, with the ability to quickly mute if needed.
    - Some sort of "avoid" function(that only work for teammates(we all know it would be used to avoid better players otherwise).
    - The ability to requeue with the same team, like skirmish.
    - Queue preference, for the people willing to sit in queue for 15 minutes to find a specific comp.

And as always, if you don't like it, don't play it.
    This all the way! Now the question is, can blizzard make it happen? We have to put it on their radar somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    PLEASE VOTE! ONLY TAKES A SECOND OR TWO OUT OF YOUR DAY.

I finished watching the pvp Q&A with Holinka and I noticed he was getting a lot of questions regarding solo queue for rated arenas and battlegrounds. I was asking myself, how dead is ranked pvp right now that people actually want a solo queue. And will it make a difference? Also, I think people are missing the point no? The reason why ranked pvp is dead now is because there is zero incentive to participate. All the best gear comes from mythic+ dungeons, and raiding.

The reason why I think solo queue will be a complete failure is because i've experienced solo queue ranked pvp before in another mmo called star wars the old republic and it was horrid. Too many people would queue to either troll, they would throw games aka lose on purpose, or just afk and do nothing OR they were completely clueless and had no business queing up for ranked. OH! and dont get me started on RAGE quitters.

I dont know. What do you all think?
    I think the reason SWTOR's rated solo queue failed is because they left in non-ranked warzones. People's expectation was that if you were in ranked at all, you should be on voice chat and great at PvP already.

If there were only ranked battlegrounds, people would understand that you are going to get on some bad teams at low rating, and as your rating improves, so do your teammates.

As long as the MMR system is good, it should act like sports leagues in real life. You should get new players playing with/against new players and experienced players playing with/against experienced players. A good side effect is also that bots would get filtered to the bottom away from most other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    I think the reason SWTOR's rated solo queue failed is because they left in non-ranked warzones. People's expectation was that if you were in ranked at all, you should be on voice chat and great at PvP already.

If there were only ranked battlegrounds, people would understand that you are going to get on some bad teams at low rating, and as your rating improves, so do your teammates.

As long as the MMR system is good, it should act like sports leagues in real life. You should get new players playing with/against new players and experienced players playing with/against experienced players. A good side effect is also that bots would get filtered to the bottom away from most other people.
    Agreed. However, I don't think blizzard will ever make a solo queue because well at this point they just dont care about pvp and it really shows.