Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Artifacts will mostly begin to suffer dimishing returns as you level past 110. All of the traits will decrease in value with each level you gain, until they eventually reach zero.

10+ Year Old Account
    The number of people referring to and even quoting the ToS on these forums is hilarious

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exhuman View Post
    What we gonna use to fight?

As a rogue I can't imagine playing 8.0 without daggers
    Most likely *gasp* normal weapons.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I'm sure in an interview they said Artifacts will not be carried over. So that means either they stop working at launch or we get the effects until 110.
    it seems most likley that in the final fight we will expend the powers of our weapons to beat the final boss,(Saying it this way as to not spoil the raid) making them just useless hunks of metal. or we absorb the powers into ourselves to beat the final boss, making the artifacts useless hunks of metal
    that way next expansion they can give us weapons that are weaker, but we dont feel like "wait why am i giving up X for Y"

this was the "most likely" way they said they might remove artifacts, cant remember where this was from ,but some interview along time ago when they were asked "what about next expansion"

15+ Year Old Account
    And I just hit Concordance 11 ;<
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    it seems most likley that in the final fight we will expend the powers of our weapons to beat the final boss,(Saying it this way as to not spoil the raid) making them just useless hunks of metal. or we absorb the powers into ourselves to beat the final boss, making the artifacts useless hunks of metal
    that way next expansion they can give us weapons that are weaker, but we dont feel like "wait why am i giving up X for Y"

this was the "most likely" way they said they might remove artifacts, cant remember where this was from ,but some interview along time ago when they were asked "what about next expansion"
    To be honest I'm happy if we just go back to traditional methods of weapons.

I preferred farming bosses and was always overjoyed when that weapon I was hunting finally dropped. Crossbow from furnace back in BRF or the Bow from Mannoroth.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-08-03 at 02:05 PM.

8.0 The new artifact pants feature will be introduced!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Apom View Post
    The number of people referring to and even quoting the ToS on these forums is hilarious
    Explain so the rest of us can revel in the hilarity.

As I said in another thread, most likely:

Storywise, Artifacts will be depleted or depowered, or stashed in the Class Hall.

In gameplay, we keep our weapons and use them normally for the remainder of Legion. Come 8.0, classes will be revamped, so the Artifact traits become useless. Artifacts lose traits and special power and become glorified stat sticks. Relics still exist, but there will be no new higher level relics, so Artifact ilvl won't rise to meet the new expansion's standards. There may be a questline for us to stash our Artifact away in Class Hall, and we receive a new weapon instead.

Artifact appearances will be available for Transmog. Some appearances will still be obtainable (basic, secret and advanced ones), but others won't be obtainable anymore (PvP, Raid and Challenge appearances).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    So very true, and yeah it is just the way of the game.

But as some have already said, the very first mandatory quest could be a "Transfer the power of your weapon to this important thing!" and thus turn the Artifact into a basic weapon without traits.

Either way, eventually it'll most likely be replaced with some random green like always. :P
    Could give us some cool looking epic-quality weapon.
    Last edited by Razorice; 2017-08-03 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Apom View Post
    Expand.

Someone stated that Blizzard have no right to remove content.

They have every right. You don't need the read the TOS to know that. Was just linking the piece as a source.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    They should just remove gear altogether and build a more modern system. Gear is an archaic mmorpg concept at this point
    It may be an old fashioned system, but it's highly effective. If you were to remove gear/ loot from a game like WoW it would be dead because at that point there's hardly any incentive to do anything. Gear = Loot...without loot as an incentive, there's no longer an incentive for most people to even log in.

What's the alternative? Also, can you name any successful MMO (or any game with character progression besides just leveling) that doesn't use loot or items as a primary means of upgrades? I'm asking for real, I can't think of one.

7+ Year Old Account
    I am looking forward to see how they will solve the problem of taking away the artifact traits from players. Some classes are right now working around some of their traits and the classes are a bit boring without some of the added flavor of artifact traits.

When they remove the weapon, they will proberly have to remake the classes again for them to make sense. It could work if they made a patch, that completly remade some of the classes and added alot of passive/abilities, that in the end would remove the need for the artifact traits.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    I've already said if they remove the Artifacts in next expansion i am quitting the game, im getting sick of blizz taking stuff out from previous expansions,its not hurting anyone keeping them in. Like the mists of Pandaria cloak quest,if people want to feel like a snowflake then just make the reward only go to epic and keep the legendary cape special.

Im pretty sure there is a law suit as well as you paid for a product at one time and then that product has all its items removed, you have essentially been robbed of said product.
    No, there isn't. You are buying a license to play the game. All in game items, objects, etc remain the property of Blizzard. Anything you have in the game technically still belongs to Blizzard.
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    We will replace them with artifact bracers, which will have a fresh new talent tree to level.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    I am looking forward to see how they will solve the problem of taking away the artifact traits from players. Some classes are right now working around some of their traits and the classes are a bit boring without some of the added flavor of artifact traits.

When they remove the weapon, they will proberly have to remake the classes again for them to make sense. It could work if they made a patch, that completly remade some of the classes and added alot of passive/abilities, that in the end would remove the need for the artifact traits.
    They always revamp classes after each expansion. We lose skills, get new skills, shuttle talents, gain new passives and so on. The Artifact skill tree will be deprecated next expansion. Some of its powers will be integrated into the class kits, others will be lost. Don't presume they'll just take away the Artifact but leave us with the same class kits we have right now.

Deleted
    Forget using the artifact alone, Blizzard has changed talents for every expansion I dont think the next will be any exception and that will cause problems for the artifact itself so I imagine a removal of the artifacts bar the appearances and whatever talents we have will probably get us through old content like the last lot of expansions.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exhuman View Post
    What we gonna use to fight?

As a rogue I can't imagine playing 8.0 without daggers
    We dont need to fight anymore.

We seal Sargeras, we put and end to the Burning Legion so, when we came back from Argus we can finally go to holidays: swim, make partys, BBQ, drink all night long...

Peace & Love.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Artifact weapons was a bad idea, traits should have been implemented in a different way ..

Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    I highly doubt they'll suddenly remove our weapons entirely.

It'll be just like any other expansion: We have our Artifacts, eventually we find a random weapon that's better from a quest/dungeon/drop/etc and bam, new weapon, Artifact can go gather dust in the bank.
    Except unless they disable the traits, nothing will be better unless it's the same system on a new weapon.