Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Well guess you are quitting then since I'm sure they said they won't be carrying over. Think it was a dev interview with Ion but I could be wrong.
    You're 100% correct. They've stated from the beginning, that artifacts were for Legion only. And they've reiterated it several times in interviews / blue posts.

there is no "if" only when. and we'll be given some temporary weapons to use, or our artifacts will be "Drained of power" and be replaced with quest gear.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    They should just remove gear altogether and build a more modern system. Gear is an archaic mmorpg concept at this point
    People need to stop calling everything an archaic mmorpg concept. If it is, then go play another type of game. You're just like the people who ruined WoW in general by making the same ridiculous claims about other things and like that guy claiming the same thing about leveling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    I mean it doesn't bother me, it's just really funny how you can easily replace Artifact with a green quality weapon.
    If you ever replaced a raid weapon with a green, you were 2 tiers behind when the expansion launched.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    there is no "if" only when. and we'll be given some temporary weapons to use, or our artifacts will be "Drained of power" and be replaced with quest gear.
    Except the responses from Blizzard have not been as solid as they were in the past so your statement no longer holds as much truth and solidarity just like theirs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exhuman View Post
    What we gonna use to fight?

As a rogue I can't imagine playing 8.0 without daggers
    We'll keep the weapons for game purposes, since it would feel real sucky to have these weapons all expansion long only for them to be plucked out of our inventories in the pre-expansion event, but we'll probably be replacing them with new weapons within the first handful of quests--either a new iteration on the Artifact system or new green weapons with the Artifact system iteration baked into our characters (if they iterate rather than give it a break for an expansion or two; we'll find out within the next couple months).

As far as the procs/hidden buffs, those might stay in effect to the next level cap or stop working at 111 depending on whether Blizz is taking the MoP/WoD approach to legendary items or the TBC approach. If nothing else, sheerly by item level the artifact weapons should remain strongly competitive for a few levels and probably through the first (or even second) zone entirely like most raid-quality endgame weapons have tended to be from WotLK onwards.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Except unless they disable the traits, nothing will be better unless it's the same system on a new weapon.
    Very true, which they probably will in one way or another by either having us do a mandatory "Transfer Power" quest or while balancing specs for 8.0 they'll disable traits and Legendaries all around and just make the items into the usual stat sticks.

People need to stop calling everything an archaic mmorpg concept. If it is, then go play another type of game. You're just like the people who ruined WoW in general by making the same ridiculous claims about other things and like that guy claiming the same thing about leveling.

- - - Updated - - -

If you ever replaced a raid weapon with a green, you were 2 tiers behind when the expansion launched.

- - - Updated - - -

Except the responses from Blizzard have not been as solid as they were in the past so your statement no longer holds as much truth and solidarity just like theirs.
    You replaced weapons with a green back in the BC, unless you were lucky enough to have raided in Naxx and looted something really good. As to blizzard responses, think what you may, you wont have your artifact for long after the next expac launches.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    I've already said if they remove the Artifacts in next expansion i am quitting the game
    Better start planning your time now, because you're gone.

Im pretty sure there is a law suit as well as you paid for a product at one time and then that product has all its items removed, you have essentially been robbed of said product.
    There's a special kind of batshittery at work in this kind of thinking that not even the most recent DSM can properly assess.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I'm sure in an interview they said Artifacts will not be carried over. So that means either they stop working at launch or we get the effects until 110.
    Meaning that they will not be expanded on in the new xpack. They will probably be like the cloaks/rings to where they work up to new max level but have 90% reduction in their effects or the effects removed all together at the new max level. Cloaks and I believe the rings had a reduction in their effects as we leveled up in the following xpack.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dlhak View Post
    Artifact weapons was a bad idea, traits should have been implemented in a different way ..
    Wasnt a bad idea per se... maybe an AP's weekly cap and a way to transferring AP from one spec to another, could have solve the problem of compulsive AP farming and changing spec.

This system will be replace with something else... maybe something better.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

It will definitely be an odd as hell transition.
    I can understand that maybe Thrall would want his hammer back, Windrunner would want her bow back, and the Highmountain tribe would want their spear back, but... why would The Ashbringer get rid of the ashbringer? Why would the warlock stop hanging out with Thal'kiel? and wasn't the Blade of the Fallen Prince made specifically for the Death Knight?

I do kind of hope they keep the artifact system in some way. Allowing classes like the Ret paladin to keep their weapon going forward, but having a class like the survival hunter return the Spear to the taurens and then picking up another weapon.

Hope we get Artifact weapons 2.0. Love how this system works.

They aren't removing them. They aren't stupid enough to make us grind them out over 2 years then in a click of a button erase that.

Redundant yes, removed no

Deleted
    I love the artifact system as a weapon but the relic system is worse than the weapon drop system was, now you literally have to pray to get a good relic drop, not just one or two, but three. The feeling or excitement was much bigger when a weapon dropped. Atm when you get a relic drop, you are happy but at the same time you just have to hope for 2 more to drop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    Im pretty sure there is a law suit as well as you paid for a product at one time and then that product has all its items removed, you have essentially been robbed of said product.
    You pay for a licence to use the software, you do not own ANYTHING. Blizzard or any other Software Developer for that matter can do anything they want with THEIR product.

Good luck starting a lawsuit!

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    You will be using your depleted artifact weapons which basically will be rare/epic versions of them
    Ding ding ding. Our artifacts are, at this point, such massively overpowered weapons of terrible destruction. I imagine we'll end up siphoning their power to do something in the 8.0 Broken Shore equivalent which would explain why we're going from god eating weapons back to normal stuff or replacing them with the expansion's equivalent.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2017-08-03 at 03:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    You replaced weapons with a green back in the BC, unless you were lucky enough to have raided in Naxx and looted something really good. As to blizzard responses, think what you may, you wont have your artifact for long after the next expac launches.
    No you didn't. If you had AQ40 weapons it was still a blue unless it was like lvl 68. Much less the point stands, you're comparing an artifact being leveled all game to someone who was a tier behind. Sorry, but unless they strip of us the item, the power of it alone will stand up to the next level cap. Think what YOU will, but you are wrong. I had SWP gear on until Naxx in WotLK, I hadn't replaced a single ICC heroic item until 1 quest in TH and then after that it was from rep vendor epics and so on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post
    You pay for a licence to use the software, you do not own ANYTHING. Blizzard or any other Software Developer for that matter can do anything they want with THEIR product.

Good luck starting a lawsuit!
    You do own the item you paid for when you bought the game and the expansion technically. Even if the ToS implies that the play might change, the box and advertisement of what you purchased did not maintain its promise so there is potential for a lawsuit even though your claim is the payment for the usage which it isn't that's the 15 dollar fee. You do in fact own the hard copy of the game and everything that is promised with it. The lawsuit would be hard on both sides.

10+ Year Old Account
    When survival hunters became melee every hunter was mailed a melee weapon. They'll probably do the same now and deactive traits. Either that or with the traits being gone the very next wep you're rewarded in a quest is an upgrade. They usually have a weapon reward very early in expansions (besides Legion).
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

I had SWP gear on until Naxx in WotLK, I hadn't replaced a single ICC heroic item until 1 quest in TH and then after that it was from rep vendor epics and so on.
    Because the Vanilla playing community complained that their hard work was for naught when they picked up a world drop green that was better than their AQ or BWL gear. So they intentionally undervalued greens in Lich King, why do you think Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury and most gear from SWP still gets Scaled down in Lich King timewalking events, even though timewalking scaled you to the ilvl of the heroics of the expac. But you never even looked. Hell my guild cleared Naxx in just T6 regemmed and enchanted.

Edit: As a matter of fact, it's Lich King Timewalking, go queue up for it in some of your SWP gear, and watch the ilvl get scaled back.
    Last edited by Shadowsgrace; 2017-08-03 at 03:29 PM.

i love artifacts, they should keep them for another expansion at least and simply add new skins/talents, it would be so boring to go back to some random epic wep

I have no issues at all with them removing the Artifact weapon with 8.0.
    We already know they are going to I just hope it's in a really awesome way.
    I'd like to think that extra slot in the Dalaran tower where all the Pillars of Creation are held will be for the Artifact weapon.