Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Sugar is harmful
    The artificial sweetener industry

No, artificial sweeteners are
    The sugar industry

Free beer for everyone
    Me
    Not really true.

Coca Cola is going big on non-sugar drinks and artificial sweeteners, at least in the Netherlands they stopped selling Spire with sugar and even with Cola you will find more non sugar versions in the store then with sugar.

OP: Diet Soda is bad!
    Journalist: Artificial sweeteners may lead to health issues.
    Doctor: Sugar is very bad, and we don't know if artificial sweeteners have any long term negative effects.
    Doctor: Don't diet by merely substituting sugar with sweeteners, it might not work.

Yes, really the stuff from hell!
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    DElicious? Diet sodas are disgusting. They're rancid.
    Taste is subjective. I drink lots of Pepsi Max/Coke Zero/Diet Coke, and I very much prefer them over the classic, sugar-y versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    Taste is subjective. I drink lots of Pepsi Max/Coke Zero/Diet Coke, and I very much prefer them over the classic, sugar-y versions.
    100% agree there. Regular Coke makes me cringe from the pure sugariness of it.

I drink a Coke Zero once in a while but for the most part drink water. I have issues with reflux and all the acid and carbonation messes me up. Of all the diet drinks I find Coke Zero the best in flavor.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by fudgeit View Post
    http://www.healthline.com/health-new...e-weight-gain#

To think this didn't make headlines. I wondrr why?
    lol

This has been know for a very long time now. But, and this is a common problem most people have, just because artificial sweeteners might not cause you to lose weight doesn't mean that artificial sweeteners are actually bad for you. (I mention *might not* because a) the article, and most studies, clearly state that some people can and do lose weight using artificial sweeteners, and b) I personally know someone who did lose a great deal of weight solely switching to diet soda)

Weight loss is, ultimately, caused by consuming fewer calories than you burn.

The reason that consuming artificial sweeteners might not cause you to lose weight is because they are finding that most people who switch to artificial sweeteners tend to eat more calories in their other food, so they are either netting the same calories at the end of the day, or they sometimes consume even more. It is not entirely clear if this is a psychological phenomenon or physiological or a combination of the two.

Now, you can, in reality, lose weight if you eat say exactly 1,200 calories a day of candy. That is reality. Just because you lost that weight doesn't mean you are eating healthy since you are, after all, eating fricking candy. This means weight loss does not equal healthy.

Similarly, if you are sitting, say, 15 pounds overweight, but are eating unprocessed foods (e.g. unprocessed fruits, vegetables, meats, nuts), you are going to be substantially healthier than the person who manages to keep their weight on target, but constantly eats junk food. That is reality, and I'm sorry if that bursts peoples' bubble.

There is no convincing evidence that says artificial sweeteners are bad for you. If you think they will magically make you lose weight, well, you may be fooling yourself there. But there is no reason to avoid artificial sweeteners either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I honestly don't know how you people can drink anything fizzy. It makes my nose tingle, something that fucks with your nose when you drink it can't be in any way good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I honestly don't know how you people can drink anything fizzy. It makes my nose tingle, something that fucks with your nose when you drink it can't be in any way good for you.
    I think you are snorting the wrong coke.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know. And I'm stating my taste.
    I can easily tell if there's sweeteners in something and it tastes awful. Perhaps you should try some less sugary drinks? Because Coke, Pepsi and Fanta are mostly sugar. Do you have Orangina where you live? It's got actual orange pulp in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where in the article is it talking about artificial sugars? They mention it sure but all they're doing is saying "Don't consume lots of real sugar because calories"

Also who's drinking diet soda and thinking the pounds will just fly off? If you're making up the calories by eating something else to make up for regular soda then of course you won't lose weight.
    Last edited by Dug; 2017-08-03 at 01:57 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped drinking/consuming Sugar months back and still drink Zero-Sugar Soda. Lost 15kgs so far.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Who doesn't know soda is bad for you?

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    How is this new news? We knew this a long time ago.

The Donald dropping truth bombs overweight people dont want to hear. If anything, the Don must be given credit for just putting the truth out there lol.

Pop in general is bad, I stopped drinking it after college, and now it just tastes like Syrup now.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Who doesn't know soda is bad for you?
    Lmao go to a Golden Corral

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    The Donald dropping truth bombs overweight people dont want to hear. If anything, the Don must be given credit for just putting the truth out there lol.
    I don't know. I have never noticed Diet soda making me more (or less) hungry to be honest - but then again, I am also pretty thin.

I can easily tell if there's sweeteners in something and it tastes awful. Perhaps you should try some less sugary drinks? Because Coke, Pepsi and Fanta are mostly sugar. Do you have Orangina where you live? It's got actual orange pulp in it.
    I suppose I would have to look. But I don't really mind the taste of sweeteners anyway, so Coke Zero etc. work really well for me.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-08-03 at 03:00 PM.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I stopped drinking/consuming Sugar months back and still drink Zero-Sugar Soda. Lost 15kgs so far.
    With my meal prepping i drink 3 things, Water, Whole milk, and my supplements. When i started doing this like 10 years ago, i couldn't believe how much weight i lost in the first 5-6 weeks, it was insane. I know some severely obese people, and they get so food angry over soda, they get so aggressive, its unreal, that shit is extremely addictive.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know. I have never noticed Diet soda making me more (or less hungry) to be honest - but then again, I am also pretty thin.

I suppose I would have to look. But I don't really mind the taste of sweeteners anyway, so Coke Zero etc. work really well for me.
    Problem with the sweeteners is that they breakdown weird in the body. They make your body think that it needs to store fat, thus making you retain more calories within the body than you would have "lost" by drinking the "low calorie" diets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Who thinks drinking diet soda will help you lose weight?
    i lost 150 pounds drinking diet soda <_____<

wellllllll not just from drinking it, but i was drinking it

diet soda apparently can make you hungrier but as long as you dont actually eat extra stuff its fine...

I know. And I'm stating my taste.
    Have you looked at the nutritional info of Orangina? Orange pulp does not make it a low sugar drink.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Who thinks drinking diet soda will help you lose weight?
    My father, mos unfortunately. I keep telling him its still bad and he is like "It has no sugar."

Ugh...