View Poll Results: Real simple do you like kids or children?

Voters
196. This poll is closed
  • Yes, Love kids!

55 28.06%
  • No, keep them away ish!

81 41.33%
  • Nah, Some kids usually the ones I know.

33 16.84%
  • None of the above (Comment Below)

27 13.78%
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have 4 kids and love them more than you could imagine.

I grew up near Vegas and partied a lot. My first wife was a stripper (long story). I had some great times in my younger years but ultimately it was empty.
    Around the age of 26 I started thinking what it would be like to have kids. It was on my mind a lot and my girlfriend at that time got pregnant. We weren't using any protection so I suppose we both wanted kids. Best decision of my life, sure there were hard times but we made it 9 years and had 2 beautiful kids. My first child was a boy and he plays WoW with me now. He is only twelve but it is easy to forget his age since he is so mature and is almost my size. So proud of that kid, he gets good grades and has had an advanced reading level since 1st grade.
    My second was a girl and she was just the cutest thing. She is 10 now and has a heart of gold, she always thinks of others and I can always count on her. She is a peace keeper and always breaks up fights...just can't express how pleased I am with her.
    I have remarried (for the last time) and have 2 more children, 3 and an infant. I am so blessed to get to go through this all again. My 3 year old has my father's features. He died of a rare disease when I was 22 so to see his likeness in my daughter is hard to explain. She has beautiful almond shaped eyes and long curly auburn hair to her butt. Reminds me of the girl from the movie Brave. She was born with the most hair I have ever seen on a baby! She is a lot like me, a practical jokester and feisty.
    My last child is my baby boy. He is a "rainbow" baby and a bit of a miracle. My wife had 3 miscarriages in 2 years, losing one fallopian tube with the second and lost her other tube during the last. During the last miscarriage one of the eggs fertilized and made it to the womb. The other was the tubal. My wife wanted a boy so bad and when we were in the clear and the eventual ultrasound showed a boy it was a fantastic feeling.

Kids are more precious than all the gold in the world and once you have them the feeling is beyond explanation. Sometimes I watch my children doing what they do and I have to fight off tears of joy. I am blessed and the feel like the wealthiest man in the world.
    Last edited by Animalhouse; 2017-08-03 at 02:40 PM.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

I love my Kids, they are 3 and 5 always a new joy each day. Now that's not to say they cant be little shits that I want to throat punch every now and then. But for the most part I love everything about them. I like Babies as long as they aren't mine, I really enjoy toddlers in the 2-4 year old range because they all seem to love me. Teenagers I feel as though being a younger adult at 30 they look up to me as an elder, but not like an old person so I can seem to manage and teach them. Now if their parents never discipline them and gave them everything they wanted ever, then fuck that Im out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Majority of ants don't reproduce though.
    lol. Fair enough.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snaek View Post
    Hate them with a passion.
    I don't know why this answer bugs me so much.

I expected the typical other answers from previous posters. The "THEY TASTE GUD LOL THAT'S A NEW JOKE!!!" comments, or the super edgy "They're parasites on society". That's typical internet stuff. But "I hate them with a passion". Do you comprehend what that means? Do you lie awake at night seething about how much you hate them? Are you constantly preoccupied with thoughts about hating them?

I mean jesus. I understand people who prefer not to be around children and who themselves don't want them. But to fucking just arbitrarily hate all children with a passion...that's some sociopathic shit right there.

Give me on at 12-14 or so, great from there onwards,

I hate kids, they're ugly, annoying, filthy, they just shit, piss and puke. Don't get me started on a screaming kid on the bus/train and the parents not giving one fuck about how everyone else is annoyed.
    Their parents usually think their kids are perfect angels that would never do something wrong.
    Ok if you have a kid but please accept that there are people that really dislike them and want them no where near them.
    And while i really hate kids, i'd never harm one or anything, i just don't want them near me at all.

Nope, and I never want any. Ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Farrarie View Post
    children are the hope of our journey
    they are the new blood of our planet
    raise them well and our planet will be cured
    raise them badly and our planet will be diseased

and yea I like children
    No, smart people are the future. Education does that, not just spawning children.

I absolutely detest kids, they are on the same level of annoying as disgusting smokers.

I don't hate kids by default, but the gross majority of them are loud and very poorly behaved. Their parents allow them to do whatever they want. This wouldn't be a problem if they did said things to their parents ( if a kid punches her mother I don't give a fuck ) but if a kid punches another kid or an animal we have a problem.

Due to the overwhelming majority of kids I know being brats I expect all of them to be that way so I avoid them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gully Man View Post
    Love my own, hate everyone else's. They're fucking hard work though.
    Same

I also spend most of my free time making sure my kids do not turn out to be the next shitty generation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love my kids, hate your kids.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Games are not childish things. Most children can't even play the games adults play at a great skill level nor do they have the time to commit properly to it unless they want their studying to suffer.
    Sometimes I wonder what planet you are from.

I like them, but personally having them is not for me, as I don't think I'd make a good mother. I do like being an Auntie though, and my sister is a fantastic mother.

I do not like kids. They're little monsters more often than not, which makes me grateful I'll never have any.
    "How many eyes does Lord Bloodraven have? A thousand eyes, and one."

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knyx View Post
    I don't know why this answer bugs me so much.

I expected the typical other answers from previous posters. The "THEY TASTE GUD LOL THAT'S A NEW JOKE!!!" comments, or the super edgy "They're parasites on society". That's typical internet stuff. But "I hate them with a passion". Do you comprehend what that means? Do you lie awake at night seething about how much you hate them? Are you constantly preoccupied with thoughts about hating them?

I mean jesus. I understand people who prefer not to be around children and who themselves don't want them. But to fucking just arbitrarily hate all children with a passion...that's some sociopathic shit right there.
    This is what I would call reading too much into it. Hating "with a passion" has become a superlative of the word 'hate', now that 'hate' has been misused for many years already to basically mean 'dislike of any degree'.

Relax your mind. I don't sit up at night actively hating children. I just can't stand being around them, as would be clear if you'd include the rest of my post in the quote.
    Well excuuuse me, Princess.

You are now breathing manually.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't want to raise a kid as I grew with families who had a lot of kids.

My cousin came from NYC this summer and she spent more time watching her daughter than enjoying the places I took her to see.

Love kids. Already have one, would like to have a few more.

I get not wanting to have any of your own, but I will never get the misanthropist edgelords who actively despise children. And in my experience, people who actively, vocally hate children (again, talking about the literal definition of kids, ages 0-12), the ones who are dead serious when they call kids parasites and a waste, are usually some of the most awful, hateful, disgusting people you would ever have the displeasure of meeting in real life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Geez based on this small sample size we are doomed to go through what Japan has.

Not enough younger generation to take over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Adults can act civilized sometimes.
    Do you reckon those adults came about this world as adults?

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    Geez based on this small sample size we are doomed to go through what Japan has.

Not enough younger generation to take over.
    It's not like procreation would even be possible for me in the first place :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    Do you reckon those adults came about this world as adults?
    Doesn't mean I should deal with them untill they have reached reasonable maturity.