Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Noblia View Post
    For the longest time in human history we had no way of knowing who the real morons of society were. Until today, where people will go and place drawings on their bodies that never go away well at least not until they die and the skin deteroriates.

When I see any person with a tattoo, I see a person willing to tell the world they are morons.

At least thats my .02 as to why people get tattoos. Because anyone with a decent functioning brain(very very few on the planet left it seems) would not do anything so stupid.
    Good joke haha.. wait, wait you are serious? you actually think tattoos are a new thing? Let me laugh harder hahahahahah ahahahaha

Before any of us were born.

Of course possibly never for you but personal and public opinion changes will always change.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    To me, cool people with tattoos are the ones who don't really care what others think about their tattooing and they don't really make cartoon-network of their body.

I don't get why do you need tattoos to be reminded. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind tattoos but this is not the reason I would do tattoo on my self.
    You remember things your way and I'll remember things my way. I don't get why people bury their dead family members instead of cremating but I don't question it because things are subjective.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Deleted
    Mid to late 90s was when it really exploded around here.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Ok, I'm fine with that. That's actually one of good answers.
    agreed. I like to think that many people get tattoos for the same thing but probably the vast majority just get them as drunken mistakes. I just like to think of mine as a reminder of where I came from. There's only one tattoo on my body that I'm working on changing right now. The rest of mine I love.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    Don't get me wrong. I love artistry on any canvas..but damn some people are taking it to the extreme. I love art but can not even imagine it for one second on my skin.

- - - Updated - - -

My niece and my roommates are getting tattoos every week..most of the time they are complete shit though...i don't understand it.
    They were never cool. Well I guess it depends on who you ask if it is.

Just like for some people ear gauges are cool, but to me their are fucking hideous, at least tattoos can be covered up, well some anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    They were never cool. Well I guess it depends on who you ask if it is.

Just like for some people ear gauges are cool, but to me their are fucking hideous, at least tattoos can be covered up, well some anyway...
    Agreed. Like most forms of art tattoos are subjective.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd get hand tattoos if I wasn't in danger of basically signing my (good) career options away. I'm lucky my job lets me get away with the ones on my forearms already but I can easily cover those up if they ever asked me to.

They've always been around, you must have just read a fashion article now declaring them to be a thing.

Same goes for beards, man buns, and any other internet - defined 'new thing' that actually isn't.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I personally don't find it appealing to ruin your body, but to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    I personally don't find it appealing to ruin your body, but to each their own.
    Does that include piercings, drinking alcohol, smoking tobacco products, vaping, staying outside in the sun for long periods of time, getting x-rays, drinking caffinated beverages,

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Tattoos always been cool...in prison. Tattoo=moron

Deleted
    Body Art has been a thing for millenia.

The judgement of it however, is fairly recent.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Does that include piercings, drinking alcohol, smoking tobacco products, vaping, staying outside in the sun for long periods of time, getting x-rays, drinking caffinated beverages,
    For me personally? yes, I drink water/milk/supplements, i don't smoke or vape, no piercings, i OCCASIONALLY drink a craft beer or glass of wine, however being in the sun while using sunscreen isnt that bad. Tats are cool and all, and i like sleeves, but its not for me, i know a lot of tatted up people who deeply regret it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post

Get a tattoo in medieval Europe, and tell me how accepted you are lol. In a lot of cultures however, piercings, gauging, and tattoos were fairly common, but also taboo in a great many others.

I like them on Women, My wife loves them and I think they are Hot on chicks. They can make a chick totally sexy when they really aren't. At least that is how I view some of the strippers I have seen at various strip clubs, the chick with the Tattoos and Piercings just does it for me usually. I don't have any, cause Im a pussy and dont like pain. I do have a few I am probably going to get at some point. Like the Firefighter seal since I am a Firefighter, my Kids names and maybe a 32 Ford Roadster.

I don't know when they became "Cool" but I do know that they stopped being cool when they went mainstream. Tattoos, Nickleback and Coldplay, what's the difference? Nothing, they're all lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post

It's not, actually :P http://biblehub.com/leviticus/19-28.htm

Even the Christian God seems to disapprove.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    It's not, actually :P http://biblehub.com/leviticus/19-28.htm

Even the Christian God seems to disapprove.
    Interesting, I never knew that. I'm assuming this was some effort to undermine certain forms of paganism because it specifically highlights the dead. I think pagans used to both tattoo and cut their flesh as part of their funeral rituals at some point. I could be wrong though, still pretty interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    New Zealand guy who had 'DEVAST8' tattooed across his face , has had 45 job offers since he went public

That shows Tattoos are cool.
    And he turned them all down...... proves something else doesn't it>

7+ Year Old Account
    Tattoos demonstrate a lack of consideration for long term thinking.

I mean, is that tattoo going to look the same when you are saggy and gross in your older years?