Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I don't know how effective it is for ST, but SOTA+IFE miiiiiight be better than PoE for higher mobility fights? SOTA won't be better than ED for raw ST DPS but it does let you use Starfall for 40 AsP letting you only use a global and not lose any DPS when you absolutely have to move (plus the extra 20% Empowerment damage isn't too bad either). Personally, that's what I would do just because I don't care for ED and PoE... meh. Not having OI/LATC would make me just run double ring all the time.
    Well the only upside of PoE is that during Embrace I don't have to stack for healing, I can just heal myself. Ow and like 1300 int, that the ring doesn't give.
    I don't know during other phases if I have to move, we got to p2 and we died. If I do have to move a lot, then SotA should be better.

Starfall is pretty good. One other boomkins has OI and his SFall casts got him 8 mill more per each dot than me -.- counting the 6 mill SFall does, that's one hell of legendary...
    Last edited by Hellshout; 2017-08-02 at 08:20 PM.

Stellar Flare means you don't have Incarnation. The payoff usually isn't worth it, especially with IFE.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Stellar Flare means you don't have Incarnation. The payoff usually isn't worth it, especially with IFE.
    Yeah I meant to say Starfall... My bad

Quote Originally Posted by Hellshout View Post
    Well the only upside of PoE is that during Embrace I don't have to stack for healing, I can just heal myself. Ow and like 1300 int, that the ring doesn't give.
    I don't know during other phases if I have to move, we got to p2 and we died. If I do have to move a lot, then SotA should be better.
    We just got them to sub 7% last night, I was so miffed.

Anyways, you have to move every phase for a few mechanics:

All Phases:
    - Glaives (if you're not on one of the wall groups. Otherwise, just spread out a bit!)
    - Volley (whether your line is spread or not, you still need to move out of it if it's on you)

P1: Fairly lax
    - Shield (which I guess you can PoE)
    - Incorporeal Shot (nvm, you gotta stack or you're an asshole and this happens simultaneously with Shield)

P2: Even more lax (if you're good at storm)
    - Shield (This phase you can just PoE it, because it happens with...)
    - Storm (Glaives everywhere! Much easier to avoid if you're against the wall)

P3: PAY THE FUCK ATTENTION AND MOVE
    - Incorporeal Shot (still gotta stack. Make sure you watch out for...)
    - Storm (These get much harder when you're forced off the wall and into melee)
    - Beacon (The most vital mechanic to beating this fight, combined with good Volley placement)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Off topic disclaimer.
    Say I'm brand new to Wow and Legion is my first expansion.
    Did any of you mained a melee class before? How are they coping with movement and hit boxes?
    I was pretty frustrated in EN and NH during medium movement encounters, but in ToS it feel much better.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    Off topic disclaimer.
    Say I'm brand new to Wow and Legion is my first expansion.
    Did any of you mained a melee class before? How are they coping with movement and hit boxes?
    I was pretty frustrated in EN and NH during medium movement encounters, but in ToS it feel much better.
    Melee just hugs the boss and keeps nuking. Most bosses also have ridicilously big hitboxes so melee can sit pretty far away too.

P3: PAY THE FUCK ATTENTION AND MOVE
    - Incorporeal Shot (still gotta stack. Make sure you watch out for...)
    - Storm (These get much harder when you're forced off the wall and into melee)
    - Beacon (The most vital mechanic to beating this fight, combined with good Volley placement)
    Just make sure you don't stack in the initial glaive(Kasparian stops moving after the ground flashes). After the first, you can move to the wall again.

Just make sure you don't stack in the initial glaive(Kasparian stops moving after the ground flashes). After the first, you can move to the wall again.
    Mmhmm, especially with WC, you just bound backward after the shot.

With the exception of 2nd group, you can just WC all the way back to the wall. If you're assigned to 2nd group, you can't go all the way to the wall since you might trigger a purge or two at a really bad time.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

So far, the highest i've seen was about 20 stacks. After that, the raid is generally to dead to stack any further.

So far, the highest i've seen was about 20 stacks. After that, the raid is generally to dead to stack any further.
    20? You ​are talking about Vulnerability and not the floor stacks, right?

Cuz good lord, 20 vulnerabilities, that's batshit insane. I get furious and yell at people when we get 8+ (you should never really have more than 5 for any reason, MAYBE 6 at worst case scenario).

20? You ​are talking about Vulnerability and not the floor stacks, right?

Cuz good lord, 20 vulnerabilities, that's batshit insane. I get furious and yell at people when we get 8+ (you should never really have more than 5 for any reason, MAYBE 6 at worst case scenario).
    20 stacks of transition debuff is mathematically impossible, 10 stacks are already a wipe, so that must be floor stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    20 stacks of transition debuff is mathematically impossible, 10 stacks are already a wipe, so that must be floor stacks.
    Not if you're a bear who doesn't think of shifting out so the others can finally release. Or stop using your abilities. Seriously, Guardians, stop using FR when a whipe was called!

20 stacks is only +1000% damage, though. Debuff scales linearly, so the difference between 10 and 20 stacks is just slightly below double damage.

And i never said we won that particular fight.

Not if you're a bear who doesn't think of shifting out so the others can finally release. Or stop using your abilities. Seriously, Guardians, stop using FR when a whipe was called!

20 stacks is only +1000% damage, though. Debuff scales linearly, so the difference between 10 and 20 stacks is just slightly below double damage.

And i never said we won that particular fight.
    No one can live up to 20 stacks unless you had ice block or bubble. It isnt just the 20 stack tick that hurts, but its also the 19th, 18th, 17th. Even at 10 stacks you will be getting hit for 3 mil +

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    If it actually was floor stacks, I've actually hit over 30 stacks (I believe 33 was my highest?) due to being Group 6, getting Moon Burn when the floor is passing over Group 2, and then not swapping sides until it full moons on the next cycle (when it naturally hit my group, 6), so I was getting stacks for nearly 10 group swaps.

What's more fun is that literally every time we fight the boss, I'm in a different group. It's nice to get a new perspective every time (so far I've done 6, 5, and 1), but holy hell I cannot imagine how hard it is to adapt for the bads who are causing our wipes

Oh wait, it's usually melee anyways.

Oh wait, it's usually melee anyways.
    True dat. Transition on ranged groups goes fine, but when the phase passes boss, suddenly we have 10+ stacks.

Melee still cannot DPS without doing the shuffle at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    No one can live up to 20 stacks unless you had ice block or bubble. It isnt just the 20 stack tick that hurts, but its also the 19th, 18th, 17th. Even at 10 stacks you will be getting hit for 3 mil +
    You're vastly overestimating the damage of individual ticks. Astral Purge does vastly less damage on Mythic than on lower difficulties, but raidwide. At 0 stacks, it's only ~150k, so 10 stacks is 900k and 20 stacks about 1.65M.

Total pre-mitigation damage of 20 hits without reset is 17.25M. To much for DDs, but easily survivable for a tank.

Astral Purge does vastly less damage on Mythic than on lower difficulties, but raidwide.
    That's weird considering Astral Purge does 0 damage on non-Mythic.

I think on PTR, it was supposed to hurt you on Heroic, but they removed that.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2017-08-04 at 07:00 PM.

You're vastly overestimating the damage of individual ticks. Astral Purge does vastly less damage on Mythic than on lower difficulties,
    Nice troll seeing as thats a mythic only mechanic

That's weird considering Astral Purge does 0 damage on non-Mythic.

I think on PTR, it was supposed to hurt you on Heroic, but they removed that.
    It actually does, but only to you. The difference on mythic is the damage being raidwide.

But that wasn't really the main point anyway. Even 20 stacks aren't going to kill a tank who is paying attention. Well, attention to damage, anyway.

It actually does, but only to you. The difference on mythic is the damage being raidwide.
    I know it wasn't the main point, but I want to clear up the misconception for you: It does 0 damage to anyone pre-Mythic. Test it for yourself. Even Dungeon Journal backs me up on this one.

If you want to believe that feel free, but you can switch away without care on Heroic.

But that wasn't really the main point anyway. Even 20 stacks aren't going to kill a tank who is paying attention. Well, attention to damage, anyway.
    Okay well 20 stacks on a tank is whatever. The way you worded your original post made it seem like the raid got 20 stacks, not a tank.

I also wasn't a person who said it was impossible to take 20 stacks for the record, so proving this to me doesn't matter Neat that a tank can do it. Mionelol managed to solo a Tyrannical Mythic +19 CoS; proof being that Tanks are OP as fuck nowadays.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2017-08-05 at 05:10 PM.