Page 6 of 675 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    The clause is actually a good thing, the idea is to put a unreasonable price on you're best players something other teams can't afford.

The other thing would be if you want to buy messi for example is just to go to Barca and offer them 120M which if Messi accepted the transfer Barca would also be forced to accept the transfer. If a player really wants to leave and the other side offers a reasonable amount the judge in this case (if barca wouldn't accept the transfer fee) would rule in favor of the player.

But with this clause you kind of set the price beforehand.
    Yeah its a really good thing that the super rich can just completely ignore FFP rules and straight up buy players.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyriqo View Post
    It doesn't matter because Tebas (The La Liga chairman) said that they won't accept the clause because it comes from a foreign team. If let's say Real Madrid would have bought Neymar then it's a different case because it stays in La Liga.

They don't have jurisdiction and this will end with a UEFA/FIFA subpoena. The only thing this is doing is fucking up with player (because he wants to start playing with PSG as Ligue One starts this weekend) and Barcelona because this will stall any possible movements.

I know you think Barcelona got a lot of money, they don't. Neymar leaving 222M is a blessing in disguise as they can finally built a team with TOP Midfielders and find a proper substitute for Neymar on Dembelé or any1 that could fit the profile. 222M can buy a lot and right now Barcelona doesn't have a dime (last report from a month ago stated they could spend 40-60M) in comparison to let's say Real Madrid, City, United, PSG.
    I'm definitely not claiming to be any sort of expert in Spanish transfer rules but it was my understanding that if Neymar can afford to buy himself out of the contract then he's free to go where he likes and rules about foreign clubs wouldn't come into it. If (and it's not clear that this suggestion is anything more than paper talk) the Qataris pulled a shady move and gave Neymar the cash directly rather than to PSG then that would seem to put the La Liga boss in a difficult position. It would also solve PSG's FFP problem unless and until UEFA called it out for being so utterly transparent.

I'm not arguing that Barca are wealthy to the degree of Real Madrid or the Manchester clubs. I know they currently have a load of debt they want to pay off and that mega transfers to restructure their team are currently beyond them unless they can balance it against sales.

Deleted
    Eden Hazard is much better than Neymar.

But Brazilian seems more expensive than Belgian.

Quote Originally Posted by Slenderman View Post

Bolded for truth.

Just to clear confusion, the buyout clause in Spain is required for all legal workers there, not just footballers. This doesn't come from the league but from the government.

From my understanding, the reason why La Liga refused Neymar's payment is because it cannot be paid for his behalf, it must come from his own finances. It can also be paid by the buying club (not certain here) but then PSG would be running into FFP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Frank View Post
    Bolded for truth.
    I don't really agree but Hazard is a fine player. However, it would be interesting to see Neymar play without Messi setting him up.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently, Neymar and co. went straight to Barcelona afterwards, paid the clause there and now we are done with this whole saga...I hope.

Yeah hazard really turns it on for Belgium like neymar does for brazil. And remind me who's won champions League in the past few years?

You're such a fan boy of chelsea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hazard is better than Neymar.

Hopefully Hazard doesn't have another 'Mourinho season', otherwise we're all going to look like cunts.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Hazard is better than Neymar.
    When was the last time neymar went missing for a year?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Yeah hazard really turns it on for Belgium like neymar does for brazil. And remind me who's won champions League in the past few years?

You're such a fan boy of chelsea.
    I know you're trying to bait.

As was said before. Hazard is a top drawer footballer.

Neymar is a luxury player.

- - - Updated - - -

PS I'm a diddy fan of Greenock Morton.

Neymar has 50 goals with brazil and hazard has scored 17 with Belgium. It's not even close

- - - Updated - - -

As was said before. Hazard is a top drawer footballer.

Neymar is a luxury player.
    Hazard is a defending winger now is he? So much bs. He packed it in for a season when he was told to track back

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Neymar has 50 goals with brazil and hazard has scored 17 with Belgium. It's not even close

- - - Updated - - -

Hazard is a defending winger now is he? So much bs. He packed it in for a season when he was told to track back
    Sorry i cant argue with a guy who made up an account to wish I was dead.

I said leave me alone because you were messaging me then tried to spin "go hang out somewhere else" as a death threat because you're a cool guy like that

15+ Year Old Account
    Knock it off you 2, only 6 pages in and you're already at it again. Don't make me get Crissi, she scares me.

Back on topic, now Neymar has gone, will be interesting to see what Barca do now.

Coutinho?

Problem is everyone knows Barcelona just became 200million quid richer. If you listen really carefully, you can hear the price of Coutinho doubling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThanksForTheMemories View Post
    Problem is everyone knows Barcelona just became 200million quid richer. If you listen really carefully, you can hear the price of Coutinho doubling.
    Exactly what I was thinking.

Deleted
    Neymars dad :

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post

now Neymar has gone, will be interesting to see what Barca do now.

Coutinho?
    Dembele had a training bust up recently, judging by how effective those are this transfer window they should go in for him. Liverpool are gona make it as difficult as possible to sign coutinho and his contract still has years left on it.

Ideally they would have done an everton and brought up first but neymar had other plans

Quote Originally Posted by ThanksForTheMemories View Post
    Coutinho is a £40M player at best.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Frank View Post
    Coutinho is a £40M player at best.
    Hes Liverpools star and in the EPL market, so double that.