View Poll Results: Real simple do you like kids or children?

Voters
196. This poll is closed
  • Yes, Love kids!

55 28.06%
  • No, keep them away ish!

81 41.33%
  • Nah, Some kids usually the ones I know.

33 16.84%
  • None of the above (Comment Below)

27 13.78%
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    Does this describe your relationship with your parents?
    I have a great relationship with my parents/step parents. Out of all of us kids I'm the only one that goes and visits any of them just for the sake of visiting and I don't call on them only when I need money and I would never ask such of thing of them unless it was truly an emergency.

It's really quite simple - kids are a humongous nuisance/annoyance to me and I prefer to be as far away from them as possible. Its great that some people can be parents but that role in life has never been meant for me and that doesn't bother me in the least bit.
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

I remember I've been one, unlike a lot of people here. So I know the general obnoxiousness people see in kids comes with the territory.

Hence why it's a territory I'll never explore.

They're great... after the toddler phase.

Saying whether you like or dislike kids is like saying you like or dislike humans. It depends.

...unless they're still at the age of cycling between screaming and crapping themselves. Is it possible to just ask the police nicely for a restraining order to be put against you? For both of our sakes. "Hmm, yes, 40 yards should be enough."
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2017-08-03 at 08:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I like kids. I dislike kids with parents who do nothing to control them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no problem with them. I probably wont ever have any of my own but i dont mind others peoples kid in small doses as long as they have some respect for their parents and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    No, smart people are the future. Education does that, not just spawning children.
    take care of your children and teach them help them in their education and learning

Quote Originally Posted by Farrarie View Post
    take care of your children and teach them help them in their education and learning
    I won't have any, as I have no desire to, and I'm not a suitable parent even if I would. Also some hereditary shit in my family that I would rather not risk dealing with.

But I will still say that just spawning kids with no foresight or responsibility is a very poor mentality to have.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Children are like cats. Great when they belong to other people and aren't in my house.
    I'd extend this to everywhere you're not allowed to bring cats.

- - - Updated - - -

But I will still say that just spawning kids with no foresight or responsibility is a very poor mentality to have.
    Weaponized and exploited children will come back to bite us in 50 years.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Weaponized and exploited children will come back to bite us in 50 years.
    They already do that, sticks and stones. I have no love for children, but they should be well cared for either way.

Most of you people saying you hate kids will end up having them anyway.

Kids are great. I love their totally unfiltered innocence (before it's gone forever). Raising a child can be difficult at times but a lot of that is down to your attitude. When you understand that no child asked to be brought into the world, and that they are trying to make sense of it all just like you are, then maybe you'll soften your attitude a little bit.

I love my kids, other peoples - not so much. I wouldn't want more than I have though, 2 is plenty.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    I'd extend this to everywhere you're not allowed to bring cats.
    Get off my lawn!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Who took that decision? You?

Quote Originally Posted by McTroll View Post
    Who took that decision? You?
    What decision?

Edit: nvm just noticed your username. Carry on.

Deleted
    They great tools to inflame wrath in society.

Kids are great. I love their totally unfiltered innocence (before it's gone forever). Raising a child can be difficult at times but a lot of that is down to your attitude. When you understand that no child asked to be brought into the world, and that they are trying to make sense of it all just like you are, then maybe you'll soften your attitude a little bit.
    No. I understand entirely that kids didn't ask to be brought into the world, hence I think they need to be treated properly and cared for properly. I still don't like kids. And I can respect that other people might outright dislike them to varying degrees, since I can see why they would as well, to an extent.

You should drop the snide line of commentary you started off with in this post though. Nobody likes that kind of person.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping that all the radiation I've absorbed from sitting as long and as close as I did to the CRT TV with my NES alone rendered me sterile.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Neonates: Yes, they're like little cuddly animals. I actually love to play with their hands and feet and talk to them like they're little fluffy teddy bears.
    Infants and Toddlers: No. God no.
    School Age: Yes, It's fun to have them around

I have a love/hate relationship with children. I'm even considering in doing a Pediatrics residency after med school (Then Peds critical care, maybe)

Off-topic: When I did my trauma/ortho rotation I met a pediatric trauma/ortho surgeon that loved to remove nails, wires and pins from kids because hearing them cry satisfied him.
    Last edited by Ragnarohk; 2017-08-03 at 09:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dislike children.
    Their voices are pitched to high for comfort and they lack the ability to regulate them, so they are always way too loud.

I'm very glad that genetics saw to it that I'll never have to bother with having my own.

No. I understand entirely that kids didn't ask to be brought into the world, hence I think they need to be treated properly and cared for properly. I still don't like kids. And I can respect that other people might outright dislike them to varying degrees, since I can see why they would as well, to an extent.

You should drop the snide line of commentary you started off with in this post though. Nobody liked that kind of person.
    Like I said, most of you will end up having kids anyway. It's funny how attitudes change when you get older.