I moved up from 2k to 3500 as a healer mostly. But I can definitely see why people are stuck at low ranks even if they are better. The amount of times I went from being on a good team to being on a shitty team was insane. It got to the point where I knew if I won 2 games in a row, I was gonna lose the 3rd. In my experience, Almost all of my matches were blowouts by either team. Very rarely was there a really good, close game. It's just random luck which side you end up.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

At 2800 now... people still don't seem to get that they need to follow up and kill the enemy team if they're all hit by sombra emp..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Grouping with a friend or two is the best way as it ensures that 33% to 50% of your team play the way you expect them to.
    It's not just my team I need to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    At 2800 now... people still don't seem to get that they need to follow up and kill the enemy team if they're all hit by sombra emp..
    The question is two fold, did your team fail to capitalize on your emp or was your team not in position to follow up when you used emp. I tend to find most Sombra/Zarya players use their ults and get frustrated that nobody capitalizes on it but the truth is they didn't bother to note where their team was before using it or communicate that it was ready. If the little blue arrows show that 3 of 6 players are still coming back from spawn or no one has an ult ready then that is not the ideal time to ult.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Deleted
    5 games 4 DCs tonight. Fun game.

Would be tolerable if the game didn't drop to sub-20 FPS after rejoining a match.
    Last edited by mmoce213c955fb; 2017-08-03 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    5 games 4 DCs tonight. Fun game.

Would be tolerable if the game didn't drop to sub-20 FPS after rejoining a match.
    Maybe it's because of your drivers. Some people had problems because of that since the Doomfist patch. Problem solved when they rolled back to an older version.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Doomfist is out for comp. Is it just me, or doesn't his Ult charge way to fast right now? In an average round, I see people get off maybe 2-3, DF gets 3-5. He also tears up linebacker groups. Trying to move through a choke, he just sat behind his 2 tanks, charged a punch, hit us and that .5-1 second stun dropped Reins shield enough to hurt our team enough to scare the push. The only way to push thru choke was to go full dive.
    Then there's the compliment to him of triple damage and running a 76 and Reaper to thwart dive comps.
    I'm not saying he needs nerfed, but it's silly that 1 character player decently at a choke can force almost an entire team Comp change. So far he seems extremely effective at KotH maps and payload choke defense, but on choke points with attack rounds he seems very lacking.

After playing a few more games seeing him, I take it back...nerf the character. Slow down his charge or reduce the damage it does, maybe increase time between jump attacks. The character is more elusive than Genji, and his charge attack builds so quick that you either run away or get lucky enough with Rein charge to hit him before he does it.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2017-08-04 at 02:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trying to wrack my brain around players who refuse to swap roles when they're
    terrible at it.

Literally its a shitshow of throwers and leavers, or people who refuse to get off someone when they're underperforming. I've lost 300 rating in the last 2 days just because I cant carry that hard. All i want is my fricken 3k, but its impossible it seems this season.

Why the fuck did they add a hero like doomfist to comp so fast? They nerfed roadhog because oneshots were not fine but it's suddenly fine to get oneshot by someone like doomfist? Bullshit. They should revert the roadhog nerf if they're going to keep doomfist as he is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why the fuck did they add a hero like doomfist to comp so fast?
    They did the same with Orisa. They push him to live, and then a week later he's available in Competitive.

They nerfed roadhog because oneshots were not fine but it's suddenly fine to get oneshot by someone like doomfist? Bullshit. They should revert the roadhog nerf if they're going to keep doomfist as he is.
    The issue wasn't that it was a one-shot, in the first place. See also why nobody has a problem with Widowmaker headshots, Reinhardt charges, environmental kills like Lucio boops, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The issue wasn't that it was a one-shot, in the first place. See also why nobody has a problem with Widowmaker headshots, Reinhardt charges, environmental kills like Lucio boops, etc.
    Then what was the issue if not oneshotting which they nerfed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Being stunned, pulled out of position, and then killed. It was a long process, like people don't like getting frozen and headshot by Mei. I've seen plenty of people take a regular 20 yard 1 shot from 'hogs secondary fire and no one bats an eyelid.

It's odd, because with the Hook, there's a lot your team can do to save you before you're killed.

10+ Year Old Account
    The hook combo was seen as too strong overall, which included not just the damage (which wasn't a "one-shot" to begin with; it was at least two shots) but also how significantly it pulled people out of position and how often it was available.

I agree his nerf went too far, but it wasn't based on the idea that his hook was a "one-shot" and that that was "bad". If anything, it was his exclusive reliance on that combo that was the issue.

If they had an issue with one-shots, they'd have nerfed Hanzo before Roadhog.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Being stunned, pulled out of position, and then killed. It was a long process, like people don't like getting frozen and headshot by Mei. I've seen plenty of people take a regular 20 yard 1 shot from 'hogs secondary fire and no one bats an eyelid.

It's odd, because with the Hook, there's a lot your team can do to save you before you're killed.
    It's just like getting pulled in front of reinhardt charge even though you're not in its line. Several times have I had someone standing in front of me when enemy rein charges, only for them to be pushed away and him sucking me in in front of him...

- - - Updated - - -

The hook combo was seen as too strong overall, which included not just the damage (which wasn't a "one-shot" to begin with; it was at least two shots) but also how significantly it pulled people out of position and how often it was available.

I agree his nerf went too far, but it wasn't based on the idea that his hook was a "one-shot" and that that was "bad". If anything, it was his exclusive reliance on that combo that was the issue.

If they had an issue with one-shots, they'd have nerfed Hanzo before Roadhog.
    How was the hook combo even strong? Zarya could nullify it easily, Lucio could nullify it, Dva could nullify it, McCree could nullify it, Genji could nullify it, there's just so many ways to stop it.

10+ Year Old Account
    How was the hook combo even strong? Zarya could nullify it easily, Lucio could nullify it, Dva could nullify it, McCree could nullify it, Genji could nullify it, there's just so many ways to stop it.
    Not 1v1; you had to rely on your team to nullify it. And the CD is relatively short. I don't agree with the nerf, but it wasn't because it was a "one-shot". As can be seen by the many one-shot kills that still remain in the game.

Not 1v1; you had to rely on your team to nullify it. And the CD is relatively short. I don't agree with the nerf, but it wasn't because it was a "one-shot". As can be seen by the many one-shot kills that still remain in the game.
    So why won't they nerf rein charge, mei freeze and so on? You're just as or more unable to defend yourself against them in 1v1 as you were against roadhogs hook. Mei is even worse as when she gets into range to freeze you, she will always do so. She can't miss her freeze unless really, really bad at aiming, unlike roadhogs hook which misses a lot.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-08-04 at 06:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So why won't they nerf rein charge, mei freeze and so on? You're just as or more unable to defend yourself against them in 1v1 as you were against roadhogs hook. Mei is even worse as when she gets into range to freeze you, she will always do so. She can't miss her freeze unless really, really bad at aiming, unlike roadhogs hook which misses a lot.
    You realize you're arguing against your own point now, right?

You realize you're arguing against your own point now, right?
    More like you don't understand what I'm saying.

If they nerfed roadhog because he was too strong with his combo because it made people unable to defend themselves 1v1 then by that logic Mei should be nerfed too, as she will win any 1v1. She'll win easier than roadhog did even yet she's not getting shafted? Makes no sense to say that 1v1 is what got him nerfed as Mei is far worse to meet 1v1 than roadhog ever was, you need someone to save you once she starts freezing you or you're dead. Roadhog at least could miss the hook, it's impossible to not freeze someone if you're in range.

10+ Year Old Account
    More like you don't understand what I'm saying.

If they nerfed roadhog because he was too strong with his combo because it made people unable to defend themselves 1v1 then by that logic Mei should be nerfed too, as she will win any 1v1. She'll win easier than roadhog did even yet she's not getting shafted? Makes no sense to say that 1v1 is what got him nerfed as Mei is far worse to meet 1v1 than roadhog ever was, you need someone to save you once she starts freezing you or you're dead. Roadhog at least could miss the hook, it's impossible to not freeze someone if you're in range.
    You really overestimate Mei, for one. For two, she has FAR more limited range than Roadhog, way less health, and way less damage.

The issue with Roadhog wasn't balance; he was pretty even in terms of win ratio. It was how "fun" it was to play against, and whether it could be fixed. Mei is arguably "unfun" to play against, too, but it's inherent to her concept; they can't change it without removing her capacity to freeze people, which is her whole "thing".