Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Boy, Bosnia and Herzegovina is also known as the small keg of gunpowder inside of Balkans. Ever since Yugoslavia fell apart, muslims in Bosnia started radicalising more and more. It used to be that all muslims over there were considered "moderates". Women walked around unveiled, men drank alcohol, and pork was considered a delicacy like it is for the Catholics and Orthodox around them. But petrodollars from the Gulf changed that.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post
    Bosnia is made up from mediterranian, ottoman and other influences. Their people arent 'white'
    I don't know what you mean by "mediterranian, ottoman, and other influences". They are white. Now if you want to go into details, all three nationalities living in Bosnia fall under the Southern Slavs.

Nope. Not at all. However it seems every question about either people of colour or muslims are answered with: "HAAALP! RACISM! FASCISTS!!!11!!".

And its getting kind of old since it leaves no room for actual discussion.
    Yep, there's the victim card we were all expecting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    This made me curious. What are Mediterranean people then?
    Bosnia is made up from mediterranian, ottoman and other influences. Their people arent 'white'
    Quote the right sentence plx. You want me to show you a picture of a ottoman mixed with an italian?

Nope. Not at all. However it seems every question about either people of colour or muslims are answered with: "HAAALP! RACISM! FASCISTS!!!11!!".

And its getting kind of old since it leaves no room for actual discussion.
    You don't want to discuss anything, you just want to bitch about Muslims.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Is this some kind of joke?

There was widespread ethnic cleansing of the Muslim population in Bosnia by the Serbs, mostly Christian orthodox. The only reason there wasn't total genocide was an intervention by the United Nations.
    and by the croatians, and the bosniaks themselves hiding behind that same UN .... they were all 'etnically cleansing' in that war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote the right sentence plx. You want me to show you a picture of a ottoman mixed with an italian?
    You are aware that Mediterranean encompasses diverse populations that you'd normally consider white, and that those some populations aren't confined to the regions bordering the sea?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yep, there's the victim card we were all expecting.
    So far you've made 5-6 posts contributing nothing other than the claim that im a racist for starting a thread that discusses the way society deals with sensitivities. Either im a racist or an apologist. Your mind is made up.

Either leave the dicussion as you clearly show no interest in partaking or feel free to put me on ignore. Im not gonna respond to you anymore as you seem bend on getting a rise out of people. (your posting history shows that aswell).

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    So Bosnians don't like Arabs because they have money and buy things. That makes sense.
    The country is relatively poor, due to war that it never recovered from. The unemployment rate is around 40-50%( there are tax reasons that could account for such high rate). From their perspective, you have these individuals coming from another country buying up their neighbors land, driving away people they have known all their life. It's equivalent to what happens in first world countries where poor neighborhoods being bought and demolished to make room for the rich. The poor individuals feel like they are being forced out of their homes( increase in living expense and so forth).

I just came back from a holiday in Bosnia. Lovely country, lovely people, lovely nature. A country rich with history. A tolerable country where muslims, orthodox, jews and catholics live together in peace. My kind of country. Meat dishes, oh to die for. Theres just one thing: they seem to hate arabs. We've only been there for 7 days, so it could be anecdotical, but we traveled all across the land (mostar, sarajevo, tuzla, blagaj, etc.) and everywhere they were complaining about "the arabs".

Apparantly "the arabs" come on holidays and claim everything chasing locals away, being obnoxious and obteus to other guests etc. I recall while rafting seeing an arab couple not doing anything but sitting in the rafting boat with their child while two workers were paddling the 50 kilometers. From here it looks like they were just really spoiled and cocky.

However it got me thinking: how can it be that in a country where they figured out a way to have all religions live together, the majority still dislikes arabs? Is it racism? Or does the arab population (i think the bosnians refer to everyone from the middle east and northern africa with the term arab) have something about their culture and behavings that lead other people to disliking them even in a tolerant country like bosnia?
    because arabs tend to force their view of quran on secular muslims in bosnia

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    You don't want to discuss anything, you just want to bitch about Muslims.
    Were talking about Arabs. Not muslims. Learn the difference.

So far you've made 5-6 posts contributing nothing other than the claim that im a racist for starting a thread that discusses the way society deals with sensitivities.
    Either leave the dicussion as you clearly show no interest in partaking or feel free to put me on ignore. Im not gonna respond to you anymore as you seem bend on getting a rise out of people. (your posting history shows that aswell).
    When did I claim you were a racist? Once again, you are making things up in order to feel like a victim.

As for the topic of the thread, I did comment about it. I stated such comments are more of an indication of the person making them, than they are about the target of the comments themselves. Seriously, grow some thicker skin, and stop thinking the world is picking on you.

Quote Originally Posted by turokhunter View Post
    The country is relatively poor, due to war that it never recovered from. The unemployment rate is around 40-50%( there are tax reasons that could account for such high rate). From their perspective, you have these individuals coming from another country buying up their neighbors land, driving away people they have known all their life. It's equivalent to what happens in first world countries where poor neighborhoods being bought and demolished to make room for the rich. The poor individuals feel like they are being forced out of their homes( increase in living expense and so forth).
    and this /10chars

We use the word "gentrification" to describe such things. It does create animosity among the locals who stay, but in reality, it actually helps the local economy. We get many of the same complaints in the inner cities in America, especially in Washington DC, Baltimore, San Francisco, and NYC.

I understand why they are upset with the "outsiders," but the reason they were able to get in in the first place, is that the economy and neighborhoods were depressed in value.

Concepts about social race are generally somewhat subjective depending on people. Some people exclude Mediterraneans, while others consider them white, there are people who consider most Middle Eastern people white.

Bosnians are indisputably Europeans though and seeing pictures of them, they aren't significantly different from any range of phenotypes you would see represented in Europe/Caucasus.
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2017-08-04 at 12:36 AM.

Too many neet's in here think they understand geopolitics.

I understand all of that. Their anger is misplaced.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Concepts about social race are generally somewhat subjective depending on people. Some people exclude Mediterraneans, while others consider them white, there are people who consider most Middle Eastern people as white.

Bosnians are indisputably Europeans though and seeing pictures of them, they aren't significantly different from any range of phenotypes you would see represented in Europe/Caucasus.
    yes because they were created by forced islamization of Croats/Serbs during ottoman occupation
    Last edited by Ianus; 2017-08-04 at 12:40 AM.

Deleted
    Dark haired with a creamy beige to mokka skin colour i guess? Needless to say that doesnt apply to all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    yes because they were created by islamization of Croats/Serbs during ottoman occupation
    I don't think that makes them any less European, even with Islamization and some cultural assimilation.

Turks themselves aren't really much of a "race" as much as they're a heterogeneous mix of Middle Eastern, European and Caucasian peoples with some minor Central Asian ancestry. Turks can be darker skinned with black curly hair or they can be pale with ginger hair.

This isn't to say there isn't a Turkish identity or culture, of course there is.

Deleted
    Were talking about Arabs. Not muslims. Learn the difference.
    And there's your problem. You never shut up about race. It is fucking everything to you. Because you are a racist. That's what a racist is, someone who sees everything in racial terms.

You know how often normal people talk about race or religion? Almost none at all. Because they aren't racists or bigots.
    Last edited by mmoc1414832408; 2017-08-04 at 12:47 AM.