Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    It's what happens when idiots think institutional racism is real and think they can use that to get away with anything.
    whats more entertaining is that folks like KAP and many of his fans don't understand that freedom of speech is a two way street.

He has a right to speak his mind, and the NFL as a private organization has a right to fire him, or not renew his contract. The fans have a right to voice their concerns.

He sealed his fate.

Furthermore, it would be one thing if he protested on his own time and out of uniform, it's another to wear the uniform of an organization, and then make political statements. You don't represent the whole organization, stop acting like you do

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Kaepernick is a mediocre QB, I have been saying that since his rookie year. His footwork is terrible, and his accuracy is suspect. If you cannot throw from the pocket, you will not succeed in the NFL.

Tat being said, his mediocre play is not the only reason he will not play in the NFL. His protest alienated fans, and they responded. We'd be fools to think that it's not a factor, but that's one of the consequences of freedom of speech. Kaepernick's protest was partially based on a false narrative, and he has yet to admit to as much. Owners care about making money, and Kaepernick is a huge liability.

Could the owner of the Ravens be a racist? Maybe. He wouldn't be the first team owner who acted like a plantation owner, we have plenty of examples of racist assholes running teams. Of course, that doesn't really justify her tweet, or Kaepernick's protest. As for Ray Lewis, the guy is a master bullshit artist. He has people convinced he's a great guy, when he's every bit the worthless turd that Aaron Hernandez is.
    It's not hard to see why Baltimore is hesitant on signing him.

Here's a team, whose image/reputation is still recovering from past players (ray Lewis and ray rice), that operates in a city still recovering from the racial politics (Freddy grey saga) that Kapernick became a lighting rod for.

Again, it's a sad day when I, of all people, defend Gay Lewis, Gay Rice, etc. But people are failing to connect the dots here (not you)

Besides, unibrow Joe Flacco is only out for a few weeks. Ryan Mallet will do fine.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2017-08-04 at 01:16 AM.

There is institutional racism in many sports. While most of the players may be black, most of the owners are white. Those in charge of the institution are much more vanilla than those whom they employ. We saw it very clearly with Donald Sterling.
    How is that racism?
    Maybe it is a high time to refresh your vocabulary and learn some new different words to use in different situations?

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    I can't imagine the mental gymnastics it takes to think there is institutional racism in the NFL, where the majority of players are black.
    Let's get some diversity in the NBA and NFL. We need equal representation of all races!

Quote Originally Posted by newyorkerr View Post
    Do you mean institutional racism exists [real] as in oppressing certain group of people? I don't think so. Civil liberties are the same for everyone. What people chose to do with said liberties is a different matter. This is the case for mental gymnastics.
    That's not how it works. You can't just wave a magic wand and pass some civil rights laws and instantly all the racism in the system is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Kap is not a victim of racism. Owners have put up with a lot of bullshit, stuff that is much more serious than his protest, to keep good players. If the owners thought he could help their team win, he would be on a team. He is just trash and is making excuses.
    Like I said, Kaepernick is not really a victim of racism. That doesn't mean institutional racism is not real.
    Beta Club Brosquad

There is institutional racism in many sports. While most of the players may be black, most of the owners are white. Those in charge of the institution are much more vanilla than those whom they employ. We saw it very clearly with Donald Sterling.
    If anything you're the racist one for implying that automatically because there's white people owning teams they're racist. This is the real racism of the era that needs to get squashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    That's not how it works. You can't just wave a magic wand and pass some civil rights laws and instantly all the racism in the system is gone.

Like I said, Kaepernick is not really a victim of racism. That doesn't mean institutional racism is not real.
    Name specifically what laws are racist in intent.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    It's not hard to see why Baltimore is hesitant on signing him.

Here's a team, whose image/reputation is still recovering from past players (ray Lewis and ray rice), that operates in a city still recovering from the racial politics (Freddy grey saga) that Kapernick became a lighting rod for.

Again, it's a sad day when I, of all people, defend Gay Lewis, Gay Rice, etc. But people are failing to connect the dots here (not you)

Besides, unibrow Joe Flacco is only out for a few weeks. Ryan Mallet will do fine.
    Oh, I have no problem with Baltimore not signing him. That city is already annoyed with the riots from last year. He's not worth the distraction. Now, if he had an arm like Brady, I'm sure they would take the risk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by newyorkerr View Post
    How is that racism?
    Maybe it is a high time to refresh your vocabulary and learn some new different words to use in different situations?
    I did not say that was racism. I was pointing out that racism can still exist. We saw it with Donald Sterling at the Clippers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    If anything you're the racist one for implying that automatically because there's white people owning teams they're racist. This is the real racism of the era that needs to get squashed.
    I didn't say it was automatically racist, just because most of the owners were white. I was saying that racism (especially institutional racism) can still exist, even when there are more black people. I also believe there are plenty of racist black people in the NFL, which is prevalent in locker rooms.

Being a shitty QB precludes all racism.

/end
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

The NFL has no problem with rapists or wife beaters. But Kaepernick's peaceful protest was too much trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    http://ijr.com/the-declaration/2017/...ed-nfl-season/

Awww, Poor KAP, can't catch a break lolz /s
    Dude overall did it to himself....While his money wasn't guaranteed this season, he would at least be on a team if he didn't opt out....I do not feel bad in the slightest for what's "happening" to him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    The NFL has no problem with rapists or wife beaters. But Kaepernick's peaceful protest was too much trouble.
    First part is true, and it's sad....second part is....you don't protest at work.....you can protest on your own time all you want...he chose to do it at work...Let's also not forget he opted out of SF....so, it is what it is on his end.

10+ Year Old Account
    The NFL has no problem with rapists or wife beaters. But Kaepernick's racial hatred and demagoguery was too much trouble.
    Fixed that for you.

Irrespective of whether or not institutional racism exists...

Kraep and his galpal need to get past this "This is everybody's fault but mine!" mindset, and then either improve as a quarterback or find a cushy job in the booth somewhere. The NFL is not picky about talent. If you can play someone will pay you. The Ravens of all teams have employed a guy implicated in a murder + obstruction of justice (Ray Lewis) and a guy who spent time in jail for trafficking cocaine (Jamal Lewis). If Ray Rice was assumed to still be capable, someone out there would take a chance. If Kaepernick was deemed valuable he'd have a locker somewhere.

Do you just close your eyes, as tight as you can, and chant, 'institutional racism is real', over and over again...thinking that the harder you close your eyes, and the more you chant, that it will make it true?

Yeah, it's impossible to imagine how there could ever be institutional racism in an organization where almost all of the owners are rich white dudes and almost all of the employees are black.

Oh no, those poor 'black employees' getting paid millions of dollars a year by white men to play football. Because they are on average BETTER
    at it than white people. But muh institutional racism! Do you not realize how ridiculous this sounds? Give me a break.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    Protesting police brutality is racial hatred?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by supertigerlamp View Post
    Irrespective of whether or not institutional racism exists...

Kraep and his galpal need to get past this "This is everybody's fault but mine!" mindset, and then either improve as a quarterback or find a cushy job in the booth somewhere. The NFL is not picky about talent. If you can play someone will pay you. The Ravens of all teams have employed a guy implicated in a murder + obstruction of justice (Ray Lewis) and a guy who spent time in jail for trafficking cocaine (Jamal Lewis). If Ray Rice was assumed to still be capable, someone out there would take a chance. If Kaepernick was deemed valuable he'd have a locker somewhere.
    Ooooor, as I said they have less of a problem with actual crimes. But protesting against police brutality is too much. Cuz racism.

We are still talking about kap? Cant he just leave the NFL quietly like Tebow did?

Protesting police brutality is racial hatred?

- - - Updated - - -

Ooooor, as I said they have less of a problem with actual crimes. But protesting against police brutality is too much. Cuz racism.
    We coudl point out that most of the wife beating and rape is caused by black players, you know, go deeper into this circle of meaninglessness

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    We coudl point out that most of the wife beating and rape is caused by black players, you know, go deeper into this circle of meaninglessness
    So? Most players are black.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, Kaepernick's girlfriend didn't cost him anything, his over all worth or lack thereof cost him.

If he put enough W's up for their cards he could have rode naked on a Harley coked up with a T-Shirt saying "Kill whitey" with a naked underaged white women sitting on the back seat, while dragging another behind the bumper, they would have hired him, hell if he won them a championship they would even make him MVP, and name a street after him.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis