10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Blaine Gabbert is looking good, what is this sorcery.
    PLaying against 3rd stringers will do that. I think the Cardinals also seem to want this a bit more than the Cowboys (at least till they scored).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    PLaying against 3rd stringers will do that. I think the Cardinals also seem to want this a bit more than the Cowboys (at least till they scored).
    Really, both QB's doing well, though both are fairly experience and borderline starters (some would say anyway).

Morris looking better than McFadden right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is starting to get fun. Cowboys with the long bombs getting back into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If people could take this day to at least put the pitchforks down and just hate him with a burning passion, that would be nice.

ALSO, FOOTBALL IS STARTING, IT'S BACK EVERYONE

- - - Updated - - -

TD CARDINALS!

Blaine Gabbert coming up with a nice drive.

First TD of the year.
    HoF game isn't being televised here AFAIK , I do however have the WNBA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ruh-roh, Dolphins QB Tannehill may be in trouble: https://twitter.com/ProFootballDoc/s...12154874277889
    Dolphins medical staff should all be fired. He shoulda had it repaired when he first got hurt. Could of made it back in time for the PUP window.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Dolphins medical staff should all be fired. He shoulda had it repaired when he first got hurt. Could of made it back in time for the PUP window.
    Well, ultimately it's his choice and he had a good second opinion, so they did what they needed to do.

I mean, I think they took the wrong decision too, but that's more obvious now than it was in January or December.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, ultimately it's his choice and he had a good second opinion, so they did what they needed to do.

I mean, I think they took the wrong decision too, but that's more obvious now than it was in January or December.
    I think it was obvious back then. Patch jobs do not last.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    I think it was obvious back then. Patch jobs do not last.
    Yeah, that was my problem with it back then too basically. His knee will continue to be partially torn. It will continue to eventually need to be corrected. I would have personally chosen to just get it over with.

In other news, Cowboys came back in this HoF game. Going to be a fun second half.

10+ Year Old Account
    If people could take this day to at least put the pitchforks down and just hate him with a burning passion, that would be nice.
    how 'bout no

10+ Year Old Account
    Ronnie Hillman playing with the 4th stringers and not being able to make himself stand out probably says enough about where his career is going.

- - - Updated - - -

Game over, Cowboys manage to hold on in the end. Was GOOD to finally have some football again, even if it was some really terrible football near the end.

So is Tannehill okay or still busted?

I saw the video and like three different posts today about his knee. The last one I saw suggested his knee was okee-dokee.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ronnie Hillman playing with the 4th stringers and not being able to make himself stand out probably says enough about where his career is going.

- - - Updated - - -

Game over, Cowboys manage to hold on in the end. Was GOOD to finally have some football again, even if it was some really terrible football near the end.
    I forgot that there was even a game.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    So is Tannehill okay or still busted?

I saw the video and like three different posts today about his knee. The last one I saw suggested his knee was okee-dokee.
    It was all based on seeing the injury but not actually examining him, so I'm guessing we will know as it gets looked at. Might be Kaep finally found himself some work.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Might be Kaep finally found himself some work.
    Even as a Pats fan, I would not wish this on the Dolphins. Jets, totally. But I can respect the 'fins.

Reading some of the stuff that has come out so far, I think the 'Bucs might be decent this year. I am thinking the Broncos are gonna be worse though.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2017-08-04 at 04:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Intrasquad scrimmage today in Pats camp. Those are usually good to get a feel for who's legit making an impression in camp.

The negatives:

- Offensive depth is okay but not great, especially with multiple WR out today it wasn't pretty

- Related to that Jimmy G and Brissett have looked questionable most of camp.

- Joe Thuney left with medical staff and didn't return. Depth at inside O-line is thin so this could be very bad news.

The positives:

- Depth on defense is absolutely stellar, especially in the secondary. Several 3rd stringers making a push and looking like they might get a spot on a squad somewhere (even if probably not on the Patriots).

- Even though the defense has looked real good so far the starting offense "won" the scrimmage. Makes you wonder just what is possible with this team.

- Rookie tackle (Garcia) we drafted looked good against Kony Ealy, which is very good news, cause I wasn't expecting much this year yet.

- Patriots need help at Edge and probably the most eye catching player today was one of their rookie Edge guys, Deathrich Wise. Pretty much constant pressure and several hurries and "sacks" (pretty much no tackling and such, so simulated). He was playing with the starting defense, which means that the staff are seeing something in him, enough so that they feel he's earned a shot at proving that he belongs with the starters on the field instead of the second team. He was with the starters over Kony Ealy, who played with second team (and had his moments too, it's not like he looked terrible so far).

This is starting to feel like Trey Flowers, Wise's former team mate in college, who made similar waves when joining the team and would have probably made a lot more impact his first year if he hadn't gotten injured in one of the pre-season games (after looking really good against Packers starters). If Wise can copy what Flowers has done (and he's giving it his best shot to do so, staying 30-40 minutes after practice to work on pass rush), then this could turn into a really special front 7 this year.

I'm getting VERY excited about the joint practices with Jags next week and the actual game on Thursday. Most of the top of the roster is set for the Patriots, but seeing several of the Rookies playing and some of the depth in the secondary get matched up in actual full contact game situations will be exciting.

Also very curious how the back up QB's will handle game situations. They've both looked shaky, but the thing is both of them didn't look that amazing last year either and then turned in superb performances when it mattered in actual games.

Hopefully some actual game action will get them on track.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Might be Kaep finally found himself some work.
    Certain members of the Denver media have been trying to get that to happen for a while now because Lynch has looked pretty, and Siemian doesn't take shots down field. Couple have even said they should sign Cutler.

Best part of camp so far has been seeing the obvious bias when 2 media outlets report completely opposite things about the same play. I wouldn't be surprised if one of them jumps on the start Kyle Sloter bandwagon soon.

Evidently the o-line and d-line are both looking improved, but hard to tell outside of game situations. If TJ Ward leaving practice limping ends up bad, injuries could be starting to stack up already.

A weird thing so far is that Lynch has had a lot of batted/tipped balls on short throws. Even with the d-line being able to see their eyes easier, it is weird that some tall QBs have trouble throwing over the o-line when Brees doesn't have that issue and he can barely see over them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    A weird thing so far is that Lynch has had a lot of batted/tipped balls on short throws. Even with the d-line being able to see their eyes easier, it is weird that some tall QBs have trouble throwing over the o-line when Brees doesn't have that issue and he can barely see over them.
    Yep, very odd. Osweiller had that same issue. I suspect it might have to do with being taller and better visible and having a longer throwing motion and slower release.

Combination of linemen better able to see you making the motion and it taking slightly longer for the motion to complete. That splitsecond might be the difference between the ball getting past the lineman and it being batted.

10+ Year Old Account
    If this is true, we might see Cutler playing for the Dolphins.

Dolphins would be a good team for Cutler to go to. Had his second best season under Gase and the Dolphins are an overall better team than the Bears.

From the sounds of it, if a team needs a tackle Donald Stephenson very well may be available soon. Got kicked out of the scrimmage for "after the whistle activity" and got beat constantly.

Lynch is also running the wrong way on play action and running plays still. If that doesn't change the preseason games could be interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    49'ers LB Malcolm Smith tore a pec. Out for season. Means Ruben Foster is next in line to start.