Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    How about these entitled shits actually get a job worth earning $15/hour instead of just wanting it to happen?
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by sweatshopkids View Post
    How about these entitled shits actually get a job worth earning $15/hour instead of just wanting it to happen?
    but but they DESERVE it. why get skills when you can just get handouts? why try when you can just leech at the bottom?

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    but but they DESERVE it. why get skills when you can just get handouts? why try when you can just leech at the bottom?
    That is a rather idiotic statement even if everyone had skills those jobs still need to be filled somehow, what is being discussed is how much are low skilled jobs worth or if those jobs need to keep up with the inflation rate. If a private corporation is not paying them a living wage then it's going to come out of your pocket in the form of healthcare and other government assistance. Do you feel bad enough for the billion dollar corporation and feel fine with giving them your money so their executive can get a fifth yacht?

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    That is a rather idiotic statement even if everyone had skills those jobs still need to be filled somehow, what is being discussed is how much are low skilled jobs worth or if those jobs need to keep up with the inflation rate.
    they are worth the minimum people will take the jobs for. and no, inflation is outside of the minimum.

they are worth the minimum people will take the jobs for. and no, inflation is outside of the minimum.
    Since you missed the edit, if private corporations are not paying them a living wage the rest is coming out of your pocket. We basically have corporate welfare because these corporations cannot bear to pay their CEOs a little less.

10+ Year Old Account
    So now they get to work less hours a week for only a bit less pay? I'LL TAKE IT!

I'd much rather work for 30 hours a week for $450 than 70 hours a week for $500.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Since you missed the edit, if private corporations are not paying them a living wage the rest is coming out of your pocket. We basically have corporate welfare because these corporations cannot bear to pay their CEOs a little less.
    I am in favor of the removal of welfare/similar programs and certainly do not believe in universal health care. You get what you are worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Hopefully trump will bridge job training that companies want and colleges are warming up to the idea of. Then people that want to get out of those low wage jobs can do so and other people can take the low wage jobs.
    ROFLMAO what are you talking about Trump's budget takes a giant axe to job training programs even the ones in coal country who have given hundred of thousands of former coal workers new jobs. The biggest threat to jobs has always been automation and lack of on the job training but too many people are drinking the kool-aid and chasing the "evil" immigrants.

- - - Updated - - -

I am in favor of the removal of welfare/similar programs and certainly do not believe in universal health care. You get what you are worth.
    Since that's not going to happen you have a choice, are you happier paying for it or do you want these companies to pay them enough so that they don't need government assistance?

ROFLMAO what are you talking about Trump's budget takes a giant axe to job training programs even the ones in coal country who have given hundred of thousands of former coal workers new jobs. The biggest threat to jobs has always been automation and lack of on the job training but too many people are drinking the kool-aid and chasing the "evil" immigrants.

- - - Updated - - -

Since that's not going to happen you have a choice, are you happier paying for it or do you want these companies to pay them enough so that they don't need government assistance?
    Since I am not truely paying for it and they recieve closer to what they are worth, and it keeps cost where it should be, id rather pay them less.

living wage is not something i believe in for the minimum. and even then, you can live off it, just not how those people want to. too bad, so sad.

When did being able to work a job and make a reasonable living while doing it become such a novel concept?

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    SO they only make 125 less? Sounds like they're coming up in the end because they're making more money per hour time they spend and now have more free time for mental health and or to track down another job. Sounds good to me.
    the reasoning behind increasing the minimum wage to $15/hr was that people weren't making enough money to cover their living expenses, not that they didn't have enough free time.

Since I am not truely paying for it and they recieve closer to what they are worth, and it keeps cost where it should be, id rather pay them less.

living wage is not something i believe in for the minimum. and even then, you can live off it, just not how those people want to. too bad, so sad.
    Your tax dollars are paying for it, where do you think funding for government assistance comes from?

Quote Originally Posted by spanishninja View Post
    the reasoning behind increasing the minimum wage to $15/hr was that people weren't making enough money to cover their living expenses, not that they didn't have enough free time.
    guess they should have gotten lower expenses then. less luxury, more roommates. cheaper cities. etc. instead they whine for handouts

- - - Updated - - -

Because companies will pay for the training. They just need classrooms for the classroom training. Besides if you cut some spending on one training it can go to other types of training. In Arizona the state is hiring people to wave the flags during road construction and they also pay for their construction school. It's already happening without the federal government but they can always get involved also. It's great for everyone.

http://upnorthlive.com/news/local/wo...llege-facility
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2017-08-04 at 03:45 AM.

Your tax dollars are paying for it, where do you think funding for government assistance comes from?
    what percentage of those on minimum wage get benefits? if its less then 100%, then its still a savings.

ill gladly pay my current .00001 of a cent yearly contribution to get rid in min wage. GLADLY.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Because companies will pay for the training. They just need classrooms for the classroom training. Besides if you cut some spending on one training it can go to other types of training. In Arizona the state is hiring people to wave the flags during road construction and they also pay for their construction school. It's already happening without the federal government but they can always get involved also. It's great for everyone.
    Trump is not putting it any other type of training, there is a severe lack of those programs which is why federal dollars are needed. Technology is about to destroy jobs on a scale we have never experienced we need way more than we have but we are focusing on immigration instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post
    Yeah no....it is more like the business was making X% Profit, and did not want that to go down due to the increase in labor cost. The quickest/easiest way to keep that %Profit is to reduce said labor cost (cutting hours).
    I don't know why this is so hard for people to comprehend.

Not to mention there are people who work for years getting raises and then the minimum wage rises and it was essentially a waste.
    Last edited by HitRefresh; 2017-08-04 at 03:59 AM.

If a company cannot survive paying its employees 15 dollars an hour, it's a shitty, inefficient company that doesn't deserve to exist.

Deleted
    There really ought to be a rule for OPs contributing to their own post instead of just slapping on some article with no follow up...

Quote Originally Posted by HitRefresh View Post
    I don't know why this is so hard for people to comprehend.
    I think people get it, its just a pretty scary point when people cant afford to live so they try to raise what you get paid, in response billion dollar companies reduce hours, make everyone else work harder then complain about this shit because they have to maintain their profit.

pretty fucked up