Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Jesus H christ - did you NOT see the post I made before with that ASSANINE claim of yours of Paul Ryan PROMOTING Atlas Shrugged and handing copies out as Christmas Gifts to his interns!?

Or, how about you hear it from PAUL RYAN HIMSELF!?

So what if he's a "Christian"? Do you NOT understand how many religious people are behind the novel/objectivism just because they agree on their economic beliefs and they simply ignore the anti-religious stuff?

Christ, pull your head out of your ass already! >_<
    Notice how you didn't quote the entirety of my post. According to Peikoff, Objectivism is a closed system. That means you subscribe to all of it or none of it. There's nothing wrong with Paul Ryan liking a popular novel but it doesn't make him an Objectivist.

For the record, I fail to see what this has to do with anything in this thread. You already called me a liar for saying Michael Moore supported Tom Hanks for president and I proved you wrong so would you care to stay on topic and keep your spam to yourself?

@mvallas

No, the people on the forums overall was not insulting me minus a few of them, I was more referring to the sexist, Bernie-Bro, crazy, etc. stuff from the Clinton crowd.

And you are wrong, Hillary and the DNC DID cheat which is why they are going through court right now over it and you have lawyers trying to argue that their rules weren't legally binding and trying to say that as a way of claiming they weren't officially cheating when they were breaking their own rules.

And you can blame the Clinton crowd for wanting to burn the country down if they didn't get their candidate and was willing to cheat to ensure it. They were willing to burn the country down. You are blaming people for refusing to vote for the person that cheated them (even if you refuse to accept it was cheating) instead of blaming the other person for doing and then snubbing them.

Because of CLINTON's pride, we have Trump in the whitehouse.

Here is some news for you, if Clinton hadn't cheated and had a legitimate primary that followed their own rules and was honest about shit and didn't try and shit talk their own voters who didn't want them. Well, Clinton would probably have lost and we would have President Sanders right now, but if by some chance Clinton had won the primaries, then that BUST crowd would have been much smaller and willing to vote for her.

I own up to my choice entirely. I wrote Sanders name in during the election and would do it again before throwing my vote away on the person who cheated in the primary. And if I HAD to choose between Clinton or Trump, I would have stayed home.

Now, too bad you won't own up to the rest of it and keep making excuses. I didn't bust it. Clinton busted it before the general even started you just refuse to accept that truth.

Kinda reminds me of those old movies where you have a fucked up boss that is trying to force you to take a huge paycut or to sleep them so you tell them to fuck off and you will go find another job elsewhere. Only to find out they did an end run around you and used their influence to make sure you can't get a job elsewhere. So you have the choice between getting fucked by your old boss or going jobless. Most people would blame the fucked up boss for creating that situation, you seem to praise that boss and tell the employee to suck it up.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    [MENTION=613564]
    I own up to my choice entirely. I wrote Sanders name in during the election and would do it again before throwing my vote away on the person who cheated in the primary. And if I HAD to choose between Clinton or Trump, I would have stayed home.
    Than stay home and watch your country burn for your actions, or go ahead and burn it again in 2020 and smile because your oh-so-precous pride was hurt because an election DIDN'T go your way. Fucking first world problems...christ! I mean, if she did HALF the shit that Dumbass Donnie did, I could understand. But OMG the primary didn't go my way and the DNC people didn't like Bernie!? Booo-fucking-hoo! Somehow Bernie Sanders was able to deal with it, make a compromise and then he managed to build a fucking bridge to get over it in the name of protecting our country, so why the fuck couldn't you?

Deplorables can't take responsibility for their actions, and apparently neither can you... at this point, I can't tell the two of you apart enough to even care. >_<

Than stay home and watch your country burn for your actions, or go ahead and burn it again in 2020 and smile because your oh-so-precous pride was hurt because an election DIDN'T go your way. Fucking first world problems...christ! I mean, if she did HALF the shit that Dumbass Donnie did, I could understand. But OMG the primary didn't go my way and the DNC people didn't like Bernie!? Booo-fucking-hoo! Somehow Bernie Sanders was able to deal with it, make a compromise and then he managed to build a fucking bridge to get over it in the name of protecting our country, so why the fuck couldn't you?

Deplorables can't take responsibility for their actions, and apparently neither can you... at this point, I can't tell the two of you apart enough to even care. >_<
    There's no hyperbole in this post, just measured truths.

Pot meet kettle. You keep trying to blame me for Clinton's actions. I didn't cause her to do her shit and it wasn't my job to chase her. Voters aren't supposed to chase politicians, it is the politicians jobs to chase the voters and instead, she ran them off thinking they had no choice but to vote for her.

Sanders sucked it up because he promised he would at the beginning when he started if he lost, he also said that if he ever told you to vote for a politician, don't listen to him that it isn't our job, it is their job to earn our vote.

I can take full responsibility for my actions, evidently you can't though and keep wanting to blame Sanders voters instead of the Clinton for her actions.

Now, you can stay home and watch the world burn blaming me for what Clinton started with her actions all you want. All that will mean is you are pointing fingers everywhere but where it belongs.

Enjoy the finger pointing. The truth doesn't require your belief in it to be true.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Notice how you didn't quote the entirety of my post. According to Peikoff, Objectivism is a closed system. That means you subscribe to all of it or none of it. There's nothing wrong with Paul Ryan liking a popular novel but it doesn't make him an Objectivist.
    Oh good christ almighty...
    First off, what's a Peikoff? Is that like the Objectivists current Grand Dragon cult leader or something? Who cares what one or two people say... it's just their opinion, and - in this case - their opinion is wrong. Their opinion that they "can't be objectivists" isn't scientific at all - it's just an opinion.

Secondly, why does it matter what one person says? Look at the Republican party - that shit is LIGHTYEARS from where it was originally intended! Think Regan/Lincoln would've been Republicans today?

Third, have you ever considered that Ryan might be LYING about being a Christian? Novel idea, a politician saying one thing but doing the exact opposite that furthers their view! Shocker, I know! :P And given how he touts Atlas Shrugged, touts Objectivism, Touts the "free market" objectivist principles, and tends to fuck EVERYBODY over in a very un-christian way... Or maybe I should say he's simply "Lying to Christians in order to serve his best self-interest". That's what the Objectivists say to feel good about fucking other people over, right? :P

For the record, I fail to see what this has to do with anything in this thread. You already called me a liar for saying Michael Moore supported Tom Hanks for president and I proved you wrong so would you care to stay on topic and keep your spam to yourself?
    Fine, you're right about Michael Moore -and thank you for posting an actual link (though knowing him, it was prolly a joke). The problem I have is when you write bullshit like "Paul Ryan isn't an objectivist" and then continue down the rabbit hole with stupidity like "Well, the Grand Priest of the Objectivist Cult says Christians can't be objectivists - so he can't be!" so how the hell am I to trust you without you posting hard evidence?

Oh good christ almighty...
    First off, what's a Peikoff? Is that like the Objectivists current Grand Dragon cult leader or something? Who cares what one or two people say... it's just their opinion, and - in this case - their opinion is wrong. Their opinion that they "can't be objectivists" isn't scientific at all - it's just an opinion.

Secondly, why does it matter what one person says? Look at the Republican party - that shit is LIGHTYEARS from where it was originally intended! Think Regan/Lincoln would've been Republicans today?

Third, have you ever considered that Ryan might be LYING about being a Christian? Novel idea, a politician saying one thing but doing the exact opposite that furthers their view! Shocker, I know! :P And given how he touts Atlas Shrugged, touts Objectivism, Touts the "free market" objectivist principles, and tends to fuck EVERYBODY over in a very un-christian way... Or maybe I should say he's simply "Lying to Christians in order to serve his best self-interest". That's what the Objectivists say to feel good about fucking other people over, right? :P

Fine, you're right about Michael Moore -and thank you for posting an actual link (though knowing him, it was prolly a joke). The problem I have is when you write bullshit like "Paul Ryan isn't an objectivist" and then continue down the rabbit hole with stupidity like "Well, the Grand Priest of the Objectivist Cult says Christians can't be objectivists - so he can't be!" so how the hell am I to trust you without you posting hard evidence?
    1. You could call Peikoff the grand priest of the Objectivist cult. After Rand died, she made him heir to her estate. He is also an actual philosopher who got his doctorate from NYU (the top philosophy department in the world) and gave Objectivism a formal philosophical structure that Rand couldn't because she was only a writer. Peikoff is Objectivism, arguably more than Rand is. The entire philosophy is based on 5 axioms for each branch of philosophy and Paul would basically have to disagree with at least 2 or 3 of them.

2. Like I said, it matters what Peikoff says because it's his philosophical system. There is a difference between being a Rand acolyte and being an individualist/capitalist who likes one of Rand's books. Her fiction novels purposefully had wide appeal whereas Objectivist philosophical works are much more dogmatic.

3. He might not be a Christian but I don't think there is any indication that he isn't. He has formally rejected Objectivism in favor of Christianity. His views aren't radical for a Republican and if you consider free market policies to be un-Christian then you are going to have to argue that most of the Republican party aren't Christians either.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Johnson (or Tom Hanks, another fantasy figure here) could only win if their politics weren't inimical. These guys are high Q-rating, near universally beloved figures because they are mostly, publicly, apolitical, and when they do venture in politics at all, it's always in a very conciliatory tone and message (Hanks, for instance, offered a sort of "we'll see how it goes" mild optimism about Trump months back that, for the Hollywood left, probably amounted to an act of public fellatio).

But the second either of them broke cover and had to be unabashedly political, they would be no more popular than any other politician. Trump actually proves this, Trump's first day on Earth as the monster of bigotry and racihomomysogislamophibic thing guy stuff he is constinually branded as today, was the day he became a GOP candidate for President; before June of 2015, he was a pretty unoffensive minor celebrity even after the sideshow of him finishing the birther crusade (begun, of course, by Hillary surrogates in Pennsylvania, 2008, but I digress).

So by the time it would come to an election, Dwayne Johnson or any other would be only as popular as their message.
    A great case study is President Herbert Hoover. Before he was president, he was a universally beloved public figure. He was viewed a great humanitarian who personally organized the greatest food and medical aid grass roots campaign in Europe during World War I. Herbert Hoover was a superstar. When he took office, there was no doubt he would be a wild success. It took less than 4 years for his image to be totally destroyed. It got to the point where the term "Hoovervilles" was created, which were what they called tent cities among the people who had lost everything in the crash.

If it could happen to Hoover, it could happen to the Rock or anyone else.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Deleted
    After Rand died, she made him heir to her estate.
    Wait.. she made him heir to her estate AFTER she died?

Died Logic with her?

But that statement is full of pathos, at least. And Pathos comes from "pathetic".

Well, and her idea of laissez-faire capitalism just failed like every single libertarian philosophy. As the modern capitalism shows. Egoism doesnt care about the poor and those in need for health care or welfare. Neo liberalism led to more rich rich and more poor poors. The libertarian approach made the people poor. And created an elite that wants to rule their world. At the end, this elitism will lead to what Karl Marx predicted.. to a revolution by the poor masses replacing the capitalist system with something even worse.

Ayn Rands philosophy failed as like Karl Marx philsophy failed, as she forgot main human properties, in her case altruism, as like the wish to help others. While marx forgot about egoism and greed. But none of the two are the only solution.

Capitalism fails when it is about humanism. A world without altruism is a cold world, filled with egoist robots, which only think about their own profit.

Much better is a balanced approach, where people may be greedy, but where altruism is part of the system. Where the state cares about social matters, and capitalism is controled by the state.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2017-08-04 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Bullshit. 100% pure bullshit.
    I've already been 'round and round with him. He's somewhat delusional about Bernie and the reality of his shortcomings. In his world, pointing this out makes you a Clinton lackey, even if you could barely be bothered to vote for her. Everything's Clinton's fault because she's so mean...and evil...and a cheatery cheater.

In a weird way that's one of the thing Trump and his band of fuckwits have been very successful at; convincing Bernie supporters that their hero was vanquished by some conspiracy rather than his own flaws and lack of ability to win.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    I've already been 'round and round with him. He's somewhat delusional about Bernie and the reality of his shortcomings. In his world, pointing this out makes you a Clinton lackey, even if you could barely be bothered to vote for her. Everything's Clinton's fault because she's so mean...and evil...and a cheatery cheater.

In a weird way that's one of the thing Trump and his band of fuckwits have been very successful at; convincing Bernie supporters that their hero was vanquished by some conspiracy rather than his own flaws and lack of ability to win.
    Sorry, but not delusional, I just refuse to be lied to when the facts say otherwise. I understand Sanders shortcomings, I don't see him as a god or anything, I just paid attention to what happened then.

On that one though, everything was Clinton's fault along with the DNC for breaking their own rules. You just seem to cling to the fantasy that she did nothing wrong there and did not run off her voter base with her actions.

You can go round and round with me all you want, but the facts speak for themselves.

Sorry, but not delusional, I just refuse to be lied to when the facts say otherwise. I understand Sanders shortcomings, I don't see him as a god or anything, I just paid attention to what happened then.

On that one though, everything was Clinton's fault along with the DNC for breaking their own rules. You just seem to cling to the fantasy that she did nothing wrong there and did not run off her voter base with her actions.

You can go round and round with me all you want, but the facts speak for themselves.
    Your nonsense is always eyeroll inducing, so kudos for that.

Sanders was not winning the primary. No amount of "cheating" changed that. He had very significant flaws, shortcomings, and whatever else you wish to call them.

Here's the thing; if you were run off by her "actions" and your political and moral soul sundered to the point you were ok with the possibility(and now reality) of a Trump presidency, you aren't her "voter base". You weren't alienated. You're just like Trump and his band of "winners" who whine about how unfair everyone and everything is to them. You're a willing member of a cult of personality.

The facts do speak for themselves. You're just incapable of comprehending them in their native tongue; Reality.

He'd be a far better choice than what we have now.

Deleted
    Sanders would've won against Trump. That's pretty much undeniable if you look at all the available data. Clinton and her buttflies are what drove away Sanders voters. I mean, you can of course assume, that if you keep insulting people and taking huge smelly shits on them left and right, that they'll still do exactly what you want them do, just because you want them to. I mean, that's what Clinton thought. Anyone who knows people, though, and the way humans work and function, saw the result coming a mile away.

Clinton is why Clinton lost. Sanders would have beaten Trump easy. Nothing more to it.

Because of CLINTON's pride, we have Trump in the whitehouse.
    Oh for fuck sakes...

While the DNC-Clinton scheme was rotten to the core and deserved to lose, the BernieBros were so utterly fucking obnoxious from day one, long before the rig was in against him, that you turned off even people nominally of your own party and somewhat favorably-minded toward your goals. You can just imagine what you did to close off moderates, independents, and wavering blue Republicans.

Bernie wasn't to blame for that, his idiot cheer-squad was. You guys fucked shit up just as bad as Clinton+DNC did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    You can just imagine what you did to close off moderates, independents, and wavering blue Republicans.
    Nothing, if you look at the data before and after the general election. Out of Clinton and Sanders, Sanders was the clear favorite, by miles, to win against Trump, in every single poll ever conducted, and after the general election, when asked who people would've voted, it became even more clear that Sanders would now be the president.

The obnoxious people were the Cult of Clinton members who didn't see reality until it was way too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Nothing, if you look at the data before and after the general election. Out of Clinton and Sanders, Sanders was the clear favorite, by miles, to win against Trump, in every single poll ever conducted, and after the general election, when asked who people would've voted, it became even more clear that Sanders would now be the president.

The obnoxious people were the Cult of Clinton members who didn't see reality until it was way too late.
    They were obnoxious too, but this whitewashing of the BernieBros is ridiculous and beneath you.

I'm a canadian and naturally receptive to Bernie's politics genetically, and the BernieBros made even me want to see him go down just so we could stop hearing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    They were obnoxious too, but this whitewashing of the BernieBros is ridiculous and beneath you.

I'm a canadian and naturally receptive to Bernie's politics genetically, and the BernieBros made even me want to see him go down just so we could stop hearing them.
    Does the reasons that she failed include deplorablesgate and believing she could hold votes hostage as successfully as Obama did? How about assuming she didn't need Bernie supporters to win?

And speaking of supporters. How about the Clinton people and their 24/7 "There's NO way Trump can win" that mimicked "Romney will win in a landslide, says polls"? Maybe shouting alt-right at everyone that didn't march in lockstep with you didn't win votes?

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Does the reasons that she failed include deplorablesgate and believing she could hold votes hostage as successfully as Obama did? How about assuming she didn't need Bernie supporters to win?

And speaking of supporters. How about the Clinton people and their 24/7 "There's NO way Trump can win" that mimicked "Romney will win in a landslide, says polls"? Maybe shouting alt-right at everyone that didn't march in lockstep with you didn't win votes?
    Absolutely. There were many ingredients in this shit sandwich. Just stop pretending that the ingredients you liked weren't part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post

Hold votes hostage...oh the drama. Why are conservatives/Trumpeteers so fucking dramatic? Haha.

Hillary had well documented faults which made her difficult to vote for. She was a bad candidate who ran a flawed campaign. The sad part is that she would have been less of a clusterfuck embarrassment than the orange shit stain we currently have as president.

It's weird that you so willingly swallow Trump's shit yet still have a hangup about being called a mean name. Well, not weird as much as typically oblivious.